“Excellent meal and service! Try it! ”

The Longstore Steaks & Seafood
Ranked #1 of 14 Restaurants in Charlestown
Price range: US$11 - US$48
Description: Steakhouse and seafood restaurant located near the beautiful Charlestown harbour.
Reviewed 18 June 2017 via mobile

Visited for early supper today with daughter, Son in law and 2 small boys (under 5) .
We hadn't booked, having intended to eat next door but really like the look of it so we thought we would ask. Lady who greeted us (Lucy) was lovely. She offered us a table in the little balcony outside. No sun (relief on the hottest day of the year!) but small view of the sea.
It's trendy but not trying too hard. Open kitchen at end of restaurant.
We ALL had fabulous meals. Service was very good - everyone on the ball! Daughter and I shared a Pea risotto delish- to start - would eat again . Sirloin steak for main great. The sticky beef salad amazing! Very good textures and a flavour and decent portion. I had aubergine steak with feta and Tomato salsa (I not a vegetarian but why wouldn't you be with a dish as tasty as this?)
Children had burgers - which were fine. They had ice cream sundae to finish which were OTT as sundaes should be.
We finished with sticky toffee to share - very good (I asked for extra clotted cream which for me is a must!)
Finally excellent wine list and a good range of prices.
Highly recommend this ! We will br going back - probably this week!!

Reviewed 18 June 2017

Quirky, unusual, but very fresh and clean place to enjoy an a la carte evening meal.Food excellent, especially the smoked salmon starter. Wine list contained some out of the ordinary bottles and introduced me to a new South African Chenin Blanc that I am now looking to source for my consumption at home. Friendly attentive service too.

Reviewed 17 June 2017

A new venue that has brought some life to a popular tourist spot. The Longstore Steaks & Seafood restaurant is set in a refurbished / new building set back from the line of cafes and pubs on the western side of the old harbour. (Please note it has its own car park, so there is no need to pay charges in the public car park nearby)

At 7.30 pm it was almost full and buzzing. The staff welcomed us, but were a little slow to show us to our reserved table. Then within a few minutes we had not one, but three different waitresses ask us if we'd like drinks. The bar menu is very extensive (and that's good)... but get your table service better organised.

We placed an order... my wife had Beef Carpaccio and I chose Barbeque Tiger Prawn Skewer starters. Both were well presented dishes... although the horseradish cream with the former could have a little more horseradish; and serving prawns in their shells (OK) but on a red, gooey pepper and harissa sause made for one of the messiest eating experiences Ive had since I was in a highchair.

We both had Sirloin steaks (rare)... the menu description says 'red centre'... but my wifes was cooked a little more than that. Both tasted nice, and the crispy union and 'mustardy-type' sauce garnish was delicious. But with 5 of 8 side dishess being potatoes (plus one pasta)... it could do with more variety.

The fixed menu is, I thought, a little predictable, and the specials were shown to us on a board as we sat down... I think, on reflection this might have been a better choice for me (although most of the choices were fish/seafood based)

I suppose the restauarant lived up to its name (steak and seafood)... plenty of the latter, and not much originailty with the former. Better side dishes would improve the menu considerably... and specials should be on display. The prices were slightly high for the quaility provided.

In summary... good meal but uninventive menu, nice venue but we will probably not visit again quickly. Service was the big let down and could have been much better. The young staff were friendly and energetic, but seem disorganised and unsupervised. Yes, the restuarant WAS busy, but staff should be able to cope with that.

1  Thank Tim_and_Les
Reviewed 11 June 2017

I enjoyed my meal here, though I'm sorry the Sunday roast service is now finished for the summer. Nice food but staff need a bit of training as they were all a bit young and pushy. I felt that we were being rushed even though I requested an interval between main and desert.

Reviewed 8 June 2017

Super fresh lobster, excellent service and cracking cocktails - I can recommend a dark and stormy!

Only complaint is that it was quite pricey - but that serves us right for getting lobster!