This place is horrendous. I can confidently say the worst place I have stayed in during the 16 years I have lived in the Gulf.
How it has not been closed down by the health authorities is beyond me.
Haphazard check in process and then shown to Room 212 which had enough mould on the ceiling to maintain an immediate visit from the Environmental Health body.
Moved to Room 213 - slightly less mould - still a health hazard. Complain again - offered a smoking room that stinks.
It is now late so hedge my bets and risk the less mouldy room - that has broken chairs; a security lock that has been ripped off; electrical fixtures that are hanging off and a TV that shows channels no one wants to watch - have they heard of MBC/OSN - and two English news channels that were totally corrupted.
One solitary towel in the bathroom - and naturally no spoons or utensils for tea.
Breakfast was a shambles as well.
And they had the nerve to charge over 100 USD a night.
Absolutely appalling and I will be telling the travel agent who booked it for me to take it off their list of properties immediately.
Asked for a taxi in the morning - came down to check - no one at check out or reception and managed to get one myself on the street.
- 011 968 22 011111
- Free Wifi
- Free parking