2,961 results
All reviews long pool beach restaurant serai pool serai room main restaurant club suite water features macaroons family pool beautiful hotel spa treatments mini bar seafood nespresso machine sun loungers soft drinks private beach
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I have spent a considerable amount of time traveling in and out of Oman and have had the opportunity to check out some of the finer hotels in Muscat and region. While most top hotels in the Gulf are known for their opulence, Chedi is the polar opposite, however, still very luxurious.

The Chedi was designed by Jean-Michel Gathy, a world famous architect whose works include the One and Only Maldives, Setai Miami and several Aman hotels. His style is marked with spaciousness, minimalism, efficiency and subtlety. Additionally, most of his projects make use of flowing surfaces and use a lot of monolithic finishes such as terrazzo and limestone plaster etc. Having stayed at multiple properties designed by Gathy, I am a big fan of his style.

Additionally, many people are not aware that the hotel operator GHM was founded by the legendary hotelier Adrian Zecha who also founded Aman hotels. GHM is a pretty high end operator and seems to understand personalized service

The Chedi is deeply personalized and at times one can feel that there are no other people around. There are different formats of rooms, some in the main building and some in villa formats in the grounds. The rooms in the main building seem to be a bit smaller, however, they have been thoughtfully designed and are efficient.

There are a lot of public areas and grounds, plus the hotel is on a beach. The beach itself is nice, but I would not say it is phenomenal as its a bit rocky. The hotel has one of the longest pools in the region at 110 meters and it is something to be seen. In addition there are two other pools, one beach-side and the other adjacent to the main building.

Room tip: Make sure you pick a room with an ocean view, many rooms have an inland view which is really lackluster.
Date of stay: December 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Chedimuscat, General Manager at The Chedi Muscat – a GHM hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear Samir,

Thank you for your lovely words about The Chedi Muscat and GHM. We are delighted to know that you appreciated the finer details of our hotel and we hope you enjoyed your stay.

It would be an honour to welcome you back in the very near future.

Reviewed 5 weeks ago

I was expecting great things, but left disappointed.

I brought a group of 24 people here. I was not even greeted once by the general manager. My room looked over a parking lot. There were billing irregularities for many of us. We had to wait quite a long while at the time of checkin. We went to the desert for one day and came back. Again the checkin was messy.

They do not allow shorts and sandals in the main restaurant (imagine, in a city where it is over 90/100 degrees most of the time). Only the main restaurant is air-conditioned. The rest are not and the heat can be oppressive.

The hotel is pretty, pools and beach are nice, but it has issues. Many issues.

Date of stay: May 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
2  Thank Hegira

Dear Hegira

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with a review of your stay. I am disappointed to read about your experience at check in and the billing irregularities. I would like to discuss this with you in more detail and ask that you contact me via execsecretary@chedimuscat.com.

Reviewed 13 November 2018

Without doubt one of the best hotels that we have stayed in and we have been lucky enough to stay in a lot of good hotels!
The whole place is immaculate - I really thought it was only open one of two years so was amazed to find it is 16 years old! the design of the place is stunning and the gardens so manicured and beautiful! You can really see they look after everything and we saw that a lot when we were there. they can really not do enough to make your stay perfect and reacted so well when we had an issue with the shower that I was really amazed at the high level of service.
Just being next to the pool they bring you iced water constantly from jugs - so no plastic bottles everywhere which is so great to see and little treats like fruit or ice lollies.
Food is really amazing and they even wrote the recipe for us for their version of butter chicken which was AMAZING!!! (my husband had it twice and both times it was amazing!) The restaurants are beautiful on the beach front and also in the main hotels.
Being a dry state the bar is less than average and the only downside to the whole place, but I am respectful that this is not really a priority for them . . . .otherwise top marks and thank you to all the staff for making our visit so good!

Date of stay: November 2018

What a lovely review. It was an absolute pleasure to welcome you to The Chedi Muscat and we are delighted to read that you were so impressed by your experience. From the exceptional service to the amazing food (especially the butter chicken), it is wonderful to know that your visit exceeded all expectations.

We hope to welcome you back for another memorable stay very soon.

Reviewed 12 November 2018

firstly the service was faultless from every member of staff, the room was very nicely laid out save that I am not a fan of a room that has only a glass screen to the toilet, nor an open wardrobe arrangement but they are personal issues. the bed was very comfortable and the layout of the room was in general well thought out. I had what was described as a superior room but as I think it was otherwise defined as the basic room I am not sure what it was superior to. as the rooms look over the family pool area I think it would be quite noisy in the school holidays so I would probably book an upgrade room in the other part of the hotel if fortunate enough to stay here again

the breakfast was a good selection of pretty much everything you could wish for and was a very high standard.

I had dinner at the beach restaurant which is a beautiful setting but heavy on the prices - and one dish in particular was disappointing
the long pool was really nice to swim in and as it was at one end of the resort it seemed that most people didn't bother to walk that far, the effect of that was I always managed to get a set of loungers to myself where as at the beach pool people were crammed into a smaller area which seemed to make no sense to me - good however that both of those pools are over 16s only

all in all a highly recommended hotel with outstanding service from every single member of staff

Room tip: book an upgrade room if you travel in summer holidays
  • Trip type: Travelled solo

Dear Mikey

Thank you for your five-star review. We are excited to discover that you had an amazing stay at The Chedi Muscat, through our luxury accommodation and faultless service.
I am so pleased that you enjoyed our breakfast buffet however saddened that you had one disappointing meal at The Beach Restaurant.

We appreciate your feedback and hope we can welcome you back the next time your travels bring you to Oman.

Reviewed 12 November 2018 via mobile

The Chedi is a landmark in Muscat and based on the grounds, pools and atmosphere clearly a must-visit. Staying there was very comfortable and the service was top-notch.
The room was a bit dated and in need of some freshen-up (especially the shower drainage). We stayed in the entry-level room, and am not sure whether I would pay a lot of money for the upgrade to a villa.
Prices are high, especially the food and beverages. Shangri-la and Anatara have a better balance. We ended up having dinner in the nearby Avenue Mall, but took a final dessert at the Chedi Beach restaurant, to enjoy the service and views.

Date of stay: November 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Dear Peter,

Thank you for taking the time to review your experience and for your valuable feedback. Your comments have been taken into consideration. I am delighted that you had such a comfortable stay and that you really enjoyed our service and views from The Beach Restaurant.

I do hope that you will be back to visit us again very soon.