1,873 results
All reviews dukes bar private beach tropicana restaurant shiraz restaurant iranian restaurant sea view pool bar low tide tennis courts the club lounge seafood night seafood buffet free shuttle muttrah souk opera house hotel is situated business trip
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

This year was the fourth time, me and my family stayed at this hotel and we will come back again next year during christmas.
This place is a pearl on earth, and you will return to this place year after year.

The hotel just went through a massive renovation and the new look is VERY appealing. The infinity pool is nice and beautiful, the outside area in general as well as the restaurant "The Edge" are now modern and sleek while the restaurant "Tropicana", where breakfast also is served, has been renovated and is now modern and coherent. The reception area is entirely renovated as well, and it's beautifully done.

The facilities at this hotel are tremendous, you could simply not wish for anything more. The breakfast buffet is the best one you'll ever experience in your entire life (the variety is INSANE), the restaurants at the hotel serve awesome food; you simply don't need to go to other restaurants in Muscat, because you have everything you need here.

This year we stayed in the suite with two balconies and beautiful views of the ocean/beach and the mountains/Ministry. The room was big and spacious, even bigger than my four room apartment. The cleaning was impeccable. When we arrived, a massive bowl with fruits and dates we waiting for us. Such a nice welcome (back)! Due to our stay in the suite, we had free acces to the club lounge, where we could eat several free meals a day, and one day we sat in the club lounge on top of the hotel, outside, and had free sandwiches and beverages while we where looking at the view over Muscat. I will never forget this view, it will stay imprented in my head for the rest of my life!

But most importantly, this hotel as the most sweet, welcoming, warm, funny, friendly and serviceminded staff you will ever meet. This is one of the main reasons why we come back year after year. We love talking with everyone; from the funny and chatty life guard "Ramesh", to the waiters at "Come Prima", to the cleaning personnel, to everyone in the reception and concierge. Everyone wants you to have the best stay ever, and they will do everything in their power to achieve this.

I could write another 300 words about this fabulous place, but instead I will just RECOMMEND you to go stay at this hotel and talk with these amazing people. Go to Muscat, it is a fantastic, life warm and friendly city. You will not regret it... Maybe until you have tried to stay here and just want to go back here all the time. Though, every other place you visit after your stay at Crowne Plaza, you will compare it to Crowne Plaza, and it will and can never beat this hotel.

Many many loving and kind Regards from

The danish Moeller Fiirgaard Family

We love you and this place very much! You have a very special place in our hearts.

Room tip: The suits are very worth the price compared to what you get.
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank xxamaliexx
Vasken V, Director of Sales and Marketing at Crowne Plaza Muscat, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Thank you so much for your review of our hotel. I am pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay with us especially our service and food quality.
I will convey the message to our Executive Chef.

We also highly appreciate the fact that you have noticed our refurbishments and that our hard work has paid off. It's something our staff takes great pride in, so we value your feedback. We do hope to welcome you back again very soon.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Business trip made easier by staying in this hotel. We tried all the restaurants and club - all very good food.
Pool area was not too busy and provided a spectacular view
Gym facilities are great - everything well laid out for a complete workout
Breakfast options and all fresh good quality food

Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank Hynet9
Vasken V, Director of Sales & Marketing at Crowne Plaza Muscat, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Thank you for the lovely comments about our hotel, it was a pleasure having you stay with us.

I am so pleased to hear that you enjoyed our location, facilities, food and service. Our staff members take their roles very seriously and work hard to provide that high level of customer service that our guests expect.

We look forward to seeing you on your next trip to Oman.

Vasken Vartanian
Director of Sales & Marketing

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

My 2pm room was finally ready at 3.15 and I could immediately see why - it stank of smoke throughout even though there was a balcony. The hotel was fully booked so no hope of a new room that first night. Awful. Efficiently moved across the hall 2nd night to a normal room. Otherwise the hotel was in a good location with pool and beach, and in easy reach of the great sights of the city and its surrounds. A thoroughly charmless, expensive experience.

Room tip: the rooms with balconies overlooking the sea
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Vasken V, Director of Sales and Marketing at Crowne Plaza Muscat, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear Diana

Thank you so much for your review of our hotel. I am pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. Appreciate your feedback as well regarding your room conditon. Please accept our sincerest apologies that we were not able to meet your expectations.Rest assured that these issues will be looked into.
We value your comments and welcome the opportunity to serve you again

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

The overhaul of the hotel has made the hotel much more appealing. The rooms are brighter and bathrooms more spacious. The views from this hotel remain breathtaking. I wasn't impressed with the fitness center. Equipment Needs to be updated. The breakfast selection and staff there were fantastic. The check in staff however could do with some training. We're not polite when asking questions.

Trip type: Travelled on business

Thank you for choosing IHG and for taking the time to provide feedback about your experience at Crowne Plaza Muscat.

Whilst I am pleased to read that you have enjoyed our location and facilities, I am saddened to learn that our front desk team service didn't meet your expectations. I would like to start by apologizing to you for the unfriendly service you have experienced.
We strive to make each stay as pleasant and comfortable as possible, and we will use your comments to coach our team in order to provide a better experience in the future.Will take note also of your comments with regard to the fitness center and share it to our Management.

Reviewed 5 weeks ago via mobile

Amazing food and the ambience is really relaxing. Service is excellent, the staffs are very accommodating and all of them are smiling. I want to mention their new staff Aye Aye for a job well done catering us even though she is new and giving us an amazing experience here.

Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank Kathleen T

Dear Kathleen,

Thank you for your lovely review of your stay with us.
It is a pleasure to read that you had an excellent visit and that our team took such good care of you while you were here.

We do hope to welcome you back again very soon.