“Excellent Place to Stay”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Muscat
Lanavilla Guest House
Ranked #5 of 29 Muscat B&B and Inns
Reviewed 25 February 2012

Having read all the reviews on Lanavilla, my expectations were very high and they were met fully. Mic is a very knowledgeable and only too pleased to help.He has prepared and made available a useful folder of information including maps and aerial photographs to help visitors get around the local area and Muscat. There is also a very useful bookcase with a comprehensive selection of maps and books on Oman.

Facilities are first class and breakfast was a real treat.

Parking is available and a car is a great asset but a taxis from the airport are readily available at a fixed price and Mic has a useful contact with a local taxi driver who is charming and charges reasonable prices for journeys and excursions.

For those who wish to prepare meals there is a well stocked kitchen and there are also a range of places to eat locally and beyond.

It was a delight to stay at Lanavilla and I hope to return soon.

Room Tip: A room on the front with a sea view is well worth the extra charge and you can gain access to the ro...
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank MikeM25

Reviewed 21 February 2012

My girlfriend and I just returned from a trip to Oman that included a stay at Lanavila. We choose the place after reading several good reviews here on Tripadvisor and we were not disappointed. We're both in our twenties and seemed a bit younger than the rest of the clientele but felt absolutely welcome. The property is nice and clean, breakfast is decent and the ocean is very close. You need a car/taxi, but that's how Muscat is.

As mentioned by others, the owner Mic is really an asset. From basic tips about Oman to arranging 4WD rental for us and lending us an invaluable book on Omani off-road driving, he was a very accommodating host.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 February 2012

Accommodation in Oman is mostly a choice between the stodgy and the chic, with little in between. Lanavilla is a rare option providing quality accommodation in a modern townhouse with a dozen comfortable rooms, excellent beds, aircon and fans, good showers, a decent breakfast, internet, balcony views towards the sea and spacious shared living area. Best of all is the host and owner, Mic, who will help you arrange what you need and seems to know the best drivers and guides in Muscat. We travelled around with Mohammed and Khalid and loved their friendly company and local insights. Lanavilla is also walking distance to the exclusive Chedi resort, providing a great option for walk-in dining. Loved Oman and will stay again at Lanavilla.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 10 February 2012

Having read other reviews I have little to add. Lanavilla is as good as the reviews indicate. We stayed in a sea-facing room. WhilstI cannot comment on other rooms, it seems worth the little extra to be able to look at the sea. Only stayed for three nights on a short stop-over in Oman, but wished it could have been longer. Oman is an interesting country that needs longer to explore. Lanavilla is a good location as a base: outside old Muscat, but conveinent for the airport and main roads out.

I have recently read citicisms about the impartiality of Tripadvisor reviews. Because I have no negatives about Lanavilla, I nearly decided not to submit a review. But I have found reviews of accommodation both good and largely accurate. I now rely on Tripadvisor reviews when booking acoommodation. And so I decided to add my small voice to the positive reviews here. All I can say is, if you are visiting Mucsat, Lanavilla should be towards the top of your consideration.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank davebude
Reviewed 6 February 2012

I forget actually how or where I ran across the information for Lanavilla, but am more than happy that I did. A wonderful place that is located right on the beach, permitting me to go swimming in the Gulf of Arabia every morning, when only a few early risers and the fishermen were up and about. The proprietor, Mic Wensauer, spends all of his waking hours, don't know when he sleeps, actually, fretting over and taking care of his guests. He arranges all sorts of local and long-range tours, and has a small group of dedicated drivers around, all from a family, who will take you to or pick you up anyplace in and around Muscat. When you out about town, give them a call, and within 20 minutes one of them will be there. No games with the prices there. The rooms are excellent, spacious, and perfectly equipped with everything you need. In the great room below there is also a computer available for those, like me, who travel without one. There is an Indian restaurant just down the way, by the corner of the block, where you can get some tasty and inexpensive foods. Breakfast is taken care of by Lanavilla and coffee or tea are on hand around the clock. The lovely lady who works and lives there, will also take care of your laundry for a reasonable amount. The guesthouse is clean and comfortable. Were I to go back to Muscat, there is no question in my mind, that I would stay there and nowhere else. More on my website: cosmic-pearl.com

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled solo