“Pleasant surprise!”

Beach Club Maldives
Ranked #11 of 43 Restaurants in Hulhumale
Reviewed 3 September 2018

My husband and I, with our two kids, had decided to check out Hulhumale for three days before heading off to Club Med Kani. We napped a little too long after we checked in at a modest hotel in the afternoon. When we woke, we found out that we were too late to book any kind of activity for the day.

The next morning, we strolled around aimlessly in this quiet beach town. It was REALLY quiet, with not much to do. We literally happened upon Beach Club as we wandered the streets. My daughter spotted their poster advertising sea activities in their shop window, and so we stepped in. And that's when the fun began.

The friendly Beach Club people helped us organise a day tour in the city of Male that day itself. And upon return, we would go dolphin-watching. And it was all at a rather friendly-price (My country's currency is rather weak against the USD, the currency used there.) The boys sent us back to our hotel in the back of their pick-up to get our things.

The Male day-tour (more like a day-walk) was okay. The usual touristy affair. Male is going through a lot of construction so there were some really dusty parts we had to walk through. We had the usual historical and political enlightenment from the tour guide. Covered the usual city highlights. Then we took the boat back to Hulhumale for the dolphin watching.

I've gone for quite a few dolphin-watching trips in different parts of Indonesia and Australia. But this has been by far my best experience. For one, we had the whole big boat to ourselves! And there were many, many dolphins! We were the only boat out there and were joined by another boat only much later. Which was nice. Cos dolphin-watching trips that are crowded are not pleasant for the tourists - or the dolphins.

We came back and had a nice dinner at the Beach Club restaurant. The boys insisted on sending us back to our hotel.

The next morning, we realised my son had not packed his swim clothes and his goggles, and my husband's flip-flops had broken. And we had a boat to catch to Kani. Our shuttle was arriving in an hour! Called the folks at the Beach Club and they came to get my daughter and me in their pick-up to help us do our last minute shopping. What we couldn't get in their shop, they helped us find in other shops! Then they quickly sent us back to our hotel.

The Beach Club staff really came through for us. We were so glad we stumbled upon them. Otherwise, it would've been a rather dull time for us in Hulhumale :-)

Many thanks, Ajay, Thoriq, Aishah and the guy with the long hair - I'm sorry I didn't get your name! If we're ever in Hulhumale again, we'll look you up!

Thank you for the memories!

Reviewed 19 June 2018

Relaxed location right on the beach, tuna fresh from the ocean, well priced and great service. Really nice night out.

Reviewed 19 March 2018

I had to commend Babu for always being warm - well other staff are but not really that attentive and service oriented.
Nice location for simple food and good value for the money - other side of it they also offer water sports and excursion but if you just want to chill by the beach -- perfect location!

Oh dont miss the MOON rise as well

Reviewed 7 March 2018 via mobile

We did two resort trips through beach club. Everything went as promised and after negotiations the pricing was fine. Really friendly people and good advice since we had no idea where we wanted to spend the few days stranded on Hulhumale.

Reviewed 5 October 2017

We went on a half day excursion to sandbank and watch the dolphins. Staff is very friendly and helpful. The excursions can be customized to your needs/time. We went to sandbank and it was on a high tide day so there wasn't much left of a sandbank. Also, the boats aren't allowed the touch the sandbanks so you basically have to either swim or kayak to the sandbank (in very very strong current. Nonetheless, it was beautiful and fun!

The highlight though was our dolphins watching. We saw over 100 dolphins just swim with our boats, jump and spin around right in front of our boats. It was truly amazing and I'd highly recommend dolphins watching here.