See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 15 February 2011

Rom: My single room was tiny and overlooking the back yard/city. The bed was good. The AC worked perfectly and was quiet. The room was clean. Wireless Internet access was free, but a little slow.

Hotel: Ok.

Staff: Polite, but I didn’t need anything so I don’t know if they are helpful or not.

Restaurant: Barley café standard. Breakfast was a glass of juice, to pieces of fruit, one fried egg, fore pieces of toast and jam. Only open for breakfast.

Beach: 10 meters to the beach. Free sunbeds. Almost no other people. Shallow water. Dead coral reef, so not much to see.

Area: It’s a local area. Not many tourists. There are some shops, some restaurants and some cafes. There is a diving center, really close. They have daily dive trips whit boat. I paid 100 USD for 2 dives, equipment and free water. There is a ferry to Male (capital). It cost 0.5 USD and was a 15 minutes trip. There is no alcohol on the island.

Total: This is not paradise, but as a solo traveler it was really ok. I paid 75 USD pr. night including breakfast. I’m satisfied :)

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled solo
3  Thank Skambankt
Reviewed 18 January 2011

By reading the reviews of this hotel on tripadvisor you would think that this is a great value option for a quick stop over in Hulhumale before you take off to your resort or cruise around the beautiful Maldives.

THIS IS NOT THE CASE

We were not met at the airport by a rep of the hotel, as we were advised by email. I went to the information desk and they were kind enough to call Fuana Inn. A rep arrived soon after and greeted us. We then waited over an hour for more guests to arrive on different flights before he bundled 7 of us in a very old delivery van which legally should have only seated 5 and sent us on our way to the Inn. We paid $6 USD for this privelage, for a 10 minute journey.

Upon arrival at the Inn everyone in the van was seated in the reception area of the hotel and instructed to fill out government arrival cards in such a way that the owner must have thought no one could read or write or had travelled before.

After another half an hour or so we headed up to our room which was tiny. The furnishings are worn and cheap and the bathroom is disgusting. Two bottles of water were provided but these bottles had been refilled as the seals were broken and the lid on of the bottles was cracked. Nice.

Breakfast the next morning on the rooftop was almost unedible and an entirely awkard experience. We were happy to get in a taxi and out of there at 8am.

This hotel represents incredibly poor value for money and I will not recommend it to anyone.

Some photos will follow.

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled with friends
3  Thank travelliingaussie
Reviewed 20 December 2010

This hotel offers simple accommodations, the rooms are fairly clean, the A/C working properly and the small balcony overlooking the ocean is very cosy. I was surprised to find a hotel representative with my name tag on it at the airport despite the fact that I did not request an airport pick-up. The Hotel manager Zaid was very friendly and assisted me with all my requests and even gave me tips on where to go and what to see. The beach infront of the hotel is breathtaking, but the only catch is that drinking is not allowed by law. Also, women are not allowed to wear Bikinis on the beach!. But I do recommend this hotel strongly if you are on a tight budget in that grossly inflated island when it comes to hotel rates that normally starts at USD240 (at least)

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled solo
Reviewed 5 April 2010

I went to the Maldives for a one week boat cruise around the atolls (an amazing experience that I would recommend to anyone) but I wanted to stay a few extra days to chill out (I had no hurry to go back to London's rainy weather!)...

I was traveling solo, so the idea of staying at a resort surrounded by honeymooners or families was not atractive, as well as beyond my budget.. staying in Male was a quite unappealing option, among others because there is no real beach...

But lonely planet mentioned this hotel in hulhumale (a surreal artifical island still in progress...) that seemed too good to be true... but it actually was really good... $2 bus ride or $12 taxi ride from Male's airport (20 min), $50 a night for a single room (or $75 for double room facing the ocean).... and in front of a quite nice beach.... (note that since the island is inhabited, local rules apply and bikinis et al are explicitily forbidden)

The hotel is small but clean, the rooms have a/c, breakfast is served facing the ocean in the top floor. And last, but not least, all the hotel staff was extremely friendly, nice and helpful at all times!

Obviously, this is not a resort, it has no house reef nor the facilities that resorts have, so this hotel is definitely NOT a reason to fly to the Maldives.... But if you are there and you want a relaxing place on a tight budget next to the beach surrounded by locals to stay for a couple days (either because you are preparing for or readjusting after a boat safari, or just waiting for a transfer) I would definitely recommend it...

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled solo
3  Thank Albert078
Reviewed 15 January 2010

great deal in the Maldives if you can even believe there is such a thing. Its a car ride away from the airport and great layover hotel. Unless you stay at the Holiday Inn I suggest this hotel. Clean and nice big beds with view onto the Ocean. AC/ sat TV and they cook something for you 24hrs a day. Very friendly! Breakfast is great and quite honestly you cant beat the price. Is the perfect place to stay waiting for your transfer. Other city hotels are pretty bad and have mold dust everywhere.

Stayed: January 2010, travelled as a couple