“Tried to visit but not open”
Review of Bang Bang

Bang Bang
Ranked #2 of 46 Restaurants in Mordialloc
Price range: US$9 - US$25
Description: Modern Pan-Asian cuisine in a stylish, light and bright setting with funky cocktails and sweet tunes!
Reviewed 2 January 2017

After looking at both their Facebook page and their Website to view their opening hours, with both sites saying they are open from 11.30am until late, 7 days per week, sadly we got there after walking five kilometres to find a sign on the door saying they were closed. In this day and age owners should be all over their sites, especially Facebook, and keep them up to date. Not sure if I will come again.

Date of visit: January 2017

Hi Marie.

Sorry that we couldn't accommodate you when you tried to visit. All the staff were pretty exhausted after a really busy first couple of weeks of trade, so needed a little time to rest and get ready for 2017!

We did post our holiday trading hours on our Facebook page, apologies they weren't right at the top of the page to make viewing impossible to miss!

Please come and give us a try, the response early days has been really positive overall, the food is super tasty and definitely something different from what you'd probably cook at home!

Reviewed 30 December 2016

Dropped in for lunch because it looked so bright, airy and inviting. Shared a couple of small menu items with a glass of prosecco. Lamb ribs, soft shell crab sliders and edamame were perfect. Could not fault food, setting or service. Well done. Already planning a return visit.

1  Thank Nadine W
Rob K, Owner at Bang Bang, responded to this reviewResponded 5 January 2017

Awesome to hear Nadine, thanks for the kind words!

Reviewed 29 December 2016 via mobile

One of many visits here since it's opening in late December. Have never been disappointed with the food or the service and the staff have been amazing. Soft shell crab is an excellent starter, have not had a bad dish yet. This place is still in its infancy and is a breath of fresh air for the area.

Hey Sheriff03!

Great to hear that you're happy with what we're dishing up so far! The only way is up from here too!

Reviewed 29 December 2016 via mobile

Went there two nights ago. The lamb ribs were ridiculous- simply full of uncooked fat- yuk. Menu said they were twice cooked..... but obviously not long enough on either Occassion. The fish slider was ok. Then we had the lamb in roti bread - nice flavour but I'm afraid it wasn't cooked for 12 hours and was chewy. Also no cashews. But the meal ended on a horrible note with the slow cooked beef short rib. Yuk. Served with only a fork, it was impossible to pull apart. It was tougher than leather boots. Also it was served with a dried up bone. I'm not sure why. I think it was included to imply the beef fell off the bone! Hahaha nothing could be further from the truth. We told the waiter who agreed it was inedible. Then incredibly the kitchen said this was how the dish was meant to be. I couldn't believe it. It was completely inedible. Simply Impossible to chew through. NEVER AGAIN.

Hi there.

So sorry to read that we didn't live up to expectation on this occasion. We take feedback, both good and bad, very seriously, so thanks for bringing this to our attention. We are still in our infancy and improving both our product and our service, so hopefully you can give us another try in the future.

Reviewed 26 December 2016

we ate here 3 times, so lets start at the beginning 23rd December quick bite and a couple of drinks, we weren't hungry so we just ordered the soft shell crab sliders which were amazing, perfectly seasoned, fresh bun and full of flavour, the drinks were quick and the wait staff were brilliant.
Visit No2, same day for dinner
We scored a great spot at the front window, great cocktails, great service, we had the tofu bun with pickled cucumber (bland no flavour) needs work, Pork belly bun with kimchie, we were warned that the flavours were strong and the waitress didn't like it, the flavours were strong, very strong, couldn't taste the pork, completely overpowered with kimchie, raw salmon carpaccio, again couldn't taste the salmon at all, it was brutally strong and we couldn't eat it at all, we had the beans too which were great and the mussels which on this occasion were the best mussels I have ever had in my life.
Visit No3 27 December (lunch)12pm
Well well well not a pretty picture, two excellent wait staff the guy from edinborough and the girl from brazil, the Australian blonde haired waitress was the rudest member of staff in a venue I have come across in years.
We ordered mussels again, eggplant, beans, rice and crab sliders.
Crab sliders under seasoned, missing all the flavour of the week before.
Beans were great
Eggplant was stunning, best I have ever had
The mussels were raw and under cooked, I really wish I had kept my mouth shut and not mentioned this to the angry, rude blonde haired Aussie waitress, we were wrong that's how they are, apparently mussels are cooked as soon as they open, so the big uncooked mussel that was in the shell was cooked, rubbish, having been a chef for 25 years I know a raw mussel, it wasn't meant to be a issue, I just wanted another bowl of mussels, but was told I couldn't as they will come out exactly the same again, I said so they will come out raw again, to which I was spoken down too in front of my lunch date and to the amusement of the other customers, the waitress then proceeded to tell me off and asked if I wanted to speak to chef, to which I said yes, being a chef I love talking to chefs and we all make mistakes sometimes. The chef never came out, I was never taken to chat to him, how can he fix a mistake if he isn't being told, we paid the bill and left.
would I eat here again maybe in 6 months when they have got themselves together, needs work, but good luck the potential is amazing

3  Thank Steve T

Hi Steve.

Sorry we didn't hit the mark on your last visit, but glad the first two experiences were bang on! I'm told the service was extremely busy and it was difficult for Dan our chef to stop mid service to chat to you. Apologies that this was mentioned but didn't materialise; I'm sure as a chef yourself that you could understand how hard that is when it's busy!

Please come back in soon and we'll shout you a bowl of mussels Steve!