Lowest prices for your stay
Free cancellation until 15/05/21
Reserve now, pay at stay
Hotels.com
Expedia.comUS$111
PricelineUS$119
eDreamsUS$119
2,475 results
All reviews thermal suite evening meal lovely hotel afternoon tea garden room lovely grounds my mum cheshire oaks relaxation room relaxing stay steam room family room birthday treat short break bed and breakfast scones following morning
Selected filters
Reviewed 26 October 2020 via mobile

Just returned home from an lovely overnight stay here. My partner booked a night including evening meal and breakfast as a birthday gift.

The room was had was big but a little dated. Whilst that is true, the room was very clean and had everything we needed. It was nice to have a view looking over cows roaming in a field.

Food in the restaurant was good with a fair selection considering the current climate and Covid restraints. We had read that people had issues with this online but we didn’t see it as a problem because there was a good offering on the whole. Both evening meal and breakfast were delicious, with quick and efficient service.

We stay in plenty of hotels and understand that alcohol is marked up extensively in order to make profits, but the alcohol prices seemed excessively high- £45 for the only bottle of Rioja and nearly £40 for the only bottle of Prosecco.

Staff members in the hotel were all very friendly and professional and so help to make the hotel. Nothing seemed like too much trouble. Every single member of staff we came across spoke to us and made time for us.

We did however find it odd that the hotel had no food room service available. In fact there was no lunch menu at all with only pre-booked afternoon tea being available.

We understand that due to current Covid restrictions that there will be some limits to what can and cannot be provided, but surely it’s not difficult to have some sandwiches or meals per-prepared to offer a very limited menu, especially as there is no shop really within walking distance. Driving was out of the question as we had been drinking.

We had a great night and we will return at some point in the future when things are a little more normal. We would love to use the spa, to have treatments and hopefully have the opportunity to order some room service so we can fully appreciate the room.

Reviewed 19 October 2020

My husband and I stayed at Craxton Wood for 6 nights which included 3 days whereby we had to work from the hotel room. It was a very comfortable stay and we would consider working from there again - but only at the discounted rates which we were fortunate to get.

The room was large and spacious but there was a bad issue with the plumbing in that the toilet didn't flush very well and the sink and bath constantly filled up while in use. The Wifi was very good and never dropped out which we found exceptionally useful given our use of it and number of daily conference calls. There was plenty of coffee and tea in the room and house keeping were very friendly and always around if you needed something.
The gym was very well equipped and set out during these unprecedented times and you had to book a slot. I went late one evening and I was the only one in which was good as most of the equipment was out of use due to social distancing. The pool was the same process in that you had to book a slot. However, this was limited to 12 people which I felt was too much. I used the pool and swam lengths but was battling with two other people for the "lane side" as the other half of the pool had families splashing around.

Breakfast was very basic and I felt was not worth the extra £10 per person per day - this is in comparison to Macdonald Forest Hills which we stayed at during the summer. Their breakfast selection was greater and you were actually given a good portion.

The hotel itself we found was very dated and needed quite a bit of TLC as the carpet was clearly worn and the walls were chipped in the corridor with the wall paper peeling off at times.

I would book Craxton Wood again if there was another flash sale but I wouldn't be staying here at full price in the future.

Room tip: Sign up to their emails and wait for a good discount.
Reviewed 14 October 2020 via mobile

Lovely big room looking over the garden. Spacious bathroom and all very clean.
All the Covid-19 protocols were in place and adhered to.
Unfortunately the food was very substandard both at dinner and breakfast. Dinner was lacking flavour which was a shame as there was a good choice of dishes. The Full English wasn’t good, I’m not fussy when it comes to breakfast but the bacon wasn’t even edible!
Recommend the stay but not the food!

Reviewed 14 October 2020

Can not fault the staff or hotel at all during these horrible times we are all facing this hotel is up there.
First of all Amy on the front desk is a credit to the hotel could not do enough for us made us feel wanted and at home from the start of our stay nothing was to much trouble for her.
Stayed for two nights food booked for both nights lovely food amazing company lol. We can spoke with Amy in the morning just to ask for any information on where is good to go and do etc within the local area Cheshire oaks shopping thanks .... but the wife was made up with this a few hours shopping rewarded with a few drinks back at the hotel spa in the afternoon. Lovely time spent here
Many thanks Amy and the team we will be back

Date of stay: September 2020
Reviewed 6 October 2020 via mobile

I had an over night stay last weekend and overall it was disappointing. We arrived to an allocated swim slot which was fine and had the pool to ourselves. Followed by treatments. The room was cold. However No issues with the back massage at all and the therapist was attentive and pleasant. The relaxation rooms were again, cold! Couldn’t relax at all due to how cool it was with no blankets provided which i understand would be an inconvenience to wash after each use. There was no bottled water available in the garden room at all and we had to ask reception. After use of the limited spa facilities we checked in to our room which again was freezing! We had to turn on the electric heater which seemed to be the only source of heat in the room. We had to sit in our coats until it warmed up. The room was clean but a bit dated. 1 tea bag per person was also a bit mean. The evening meal menu was limited but food was pleasant. Unlike the staff who took our bill. We were overcharged for a bottle of wine we didn’t have and they seemed inconvenienced by a voucher I wanted to redeem. I think this was because they appeared to be under staffed and stressed in the evening. I asked if I could settle the bill and voucher on check out and was told no.
Breakfast was average. Portions were enough but not plentiful. One round of toast each. One sausage etc but the morning dining staff were pleasant and helpful. The temperature in the hotel was an issue for me as I felt cold for most of the stay. Some of the staff were a bit abrupt and I felt we were putting them out in the evening. The hotel also requires modernising. I got married there 20 years ago and it doesn’t seem to have had an additional spend or up keeping to it. Lacking atmosphere. No back ground music in the bar or restaurant of an evening so can hear everyone else’s conversations.
I appreciate that restrictions are in place due to Covid but overall it was a disappointing experience and wouldn’t return anytime soon.