1,412 results
All reviewscolonic hydrotherapymaster suitegirls nightsteam roommassive bathroomsuperior roomchanging roomslight lunchmy partnerlovely hotelwalk in showerafternoon tealounge areawedding venueevening mealwedding receptioncheshire oaks
Reviewed 11 August 2018 via mobile

We stayed in junior suite with 6 years old daughter. The place is beautiful, breakfast was amazing although the dishes were tired old and dirty. Room was huge very spacious bathroom but unfortunately room was dirty anything and everything we touched had dust on it. Not just dust but dust turned into fluff. Windows were dirty. Understand having new windows cost money as it is a huge place but keeping it clean is different thing. Bathroom walls had dust fluff like no one has touched it for years. A poor butterfly was trapped in the bathroom and due to sealed broken window we couldn’t set it free. £180 for a room thats not clean is bit too much. Some pics to show hopefully management sees it and gets it cleaned properly at least.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Waqas S
Zach H, General Manager at Crabwall Manor Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 20 August 2018

Dear Waqas S

Thank you for your feedback and for staying with us recently at Crabwall Manor. I apologise that everything was not as you would expect it to be and that on this occasion we would appear to have fallen below the high standards expected of the team. I can assure you that appropriate action will be taken to rectify these issues promptly and ensure we represent value for money.

If you have any further comments or queries, please feel free to call me on 01244 851 666 or direct message me and I will be happy to help.

I hope to welcome you back to Crabwall Manor in the future, whenever you are visiting the area.

Reviewed 10 August 2018 via mobile

Lovely hotel and grounds with great potential.Stayed for two nights this week..Agree totally with previous review about hot water...or lack of!.
When we mentioned this we were told there had been a problem on Wednesday which had been sorted...um no,we had no hot waster on Tuesday either!
Food was ok ,but only ok.The restaurant staff were very polite and friendly.
Would I stay here again?..Sadly no.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple

Dear 466cheryl

Thank you for taking the time to send us this feedback and for your recent stay at Crabwall Manor. Your comments are important to us and help us to improve and offer our guests the best experience possible.

There were unforeseen intermittent boiler issues during your stay, which are now thankfully resolved, but I do understand how inconvenient that was for you. If you have any further comments, please feel free to call me on 01244 851 666 or direct message me and I will be happy to help.

I do hope you decide to stay with us again in the future as we would love to welcome you back to Crabwall Manor when you are next in the area.

Reviewed 10 August 2018 via mobile

The hotel is beautiful, the grounds are immaculate and the staff are lovely.

Bedrooms are spacious and look exactly how advertised on the website. Be sure you check for room items such as an iron, it can take a while for room service to send one up and this is a pain if you need one quickly for say a table reservation. The WiFi is rapid.

We overheard a couple talking about breakfast not being up to much, and unfortunately I have to agree. The hotel is a few miles out of town so I’d probably always book the breakfast but it is a little bit on the poor side. The waiting service is good, staff again - brilliant. However the sausage always seems underdone and the bacon is more or less straight out the packet. Even asking them for it cooked longer it still comes out the same. The scrabbled egg is a bit on the watery side but they do offer the option of fried or poached.

The spa is a bit worse for wear, paint hanging off the walls etc, it looks a bit tatty, but it has everything a spa should. 18m pool, sauna, steam room and jacuzzi. There’s a TINY space for loungers which if you don’t get one, you can’t sit anywhere in the spa. We ended up spending about half hour in there and leaving.

UNFORTUNATELY our little break was tainted by no hot water for the duration of our stay. £113.00 a night (including breakfast) is a bit much for you to spend on a hotel that doesn’t provide hot water. “You can use the spa, it has hot water” is NO excuse by the way. The whole hotel using three showers in the spa just isn’t feasible. My partner has vertigo and she might get dizzy and fall down in the shower, therefore she’s better off with a bath - which she had to have cold, THREE times.

What made it worse was that on the last day, a woman spoke to us at breakfast and said how annoyed she was about there being no hot water, she said that she checked in Tuesday, which was the day before we checked in and her shower on Wednesday morning was cold therefore when we checked in on Wednesday night we should have been told that there wasn’t any hot water but we weren’t, which I think is totally un-acceptable.

This massively ruined our stay here at Crabwall as you can imagine. My partner and I work hard and we get little time to relax. I don’t expect perfection, but I do expect hot water, at the very least. Having said that, the staff were incredibly understanding of the situation and offered a discount to our stay upon checkout, to which I was massively appreciative.

RECOMMENDATIONS:

Chester Zoo
Barton Rouge (Indian Restaurant)
Goodwin’s Bar & Kitchen
Cheshire Oaks Designer Outlet

I’ve wrote reviews on these recommendations if you’re interested.

Stayed: August 2018
3  Thank Paul R

Dear Paul R

Thank you for taking the time to send us this feedback and for your recent stay at Crabwall Manor. Your comments are very important to us and help us to improve and offer our guests the best experience possible.

There were unforeseen intermittent boiler issues during your stay, which are now thankfully resolved, but I do understand how inconvenient that was for you. These issues did not affect all parts of the hotel and the hot water was fully working at times, which made it hard to communicate exactly to guests. On behalf of myself and the team, I am very sorry that this happened during your stay and can assure you that everything was done promptly to try and fix the issue.

Reviewed 9 August 2018

We went here for afternoon tea yesterday and have never had such a bad experience for an afternoon tea. We were booked in and were shown through by the Receptionist. Then we were allocated to a table which wobbled like mad, because it was clearly not stable on the legs, (which were firmly on the floor). The chair I was sitting in had wooden arms with a dark varnish which was chipped in numerous places along the top edge. The table was also in a corridor like position. Not exactly what we had expected of an upmarket hotel. It was a small area and there were two other couples occupying the only tables which looked more suitable, so we stayed there.

Tea for two was brought fairly quickly, but no food. Both the tea and water pot, had obvious tea marks dried on them and when wiped with a dampened serviette they wiped off easily, so obviously the crockery had not been washed properly. Since there was no one round we decided to just wipe them with a serviette rather than complain and started drinking the tea.

The food still did not arrive, although we had asked the barman if it was coming and were assured it was coming. After we had been waiting for just over half an hour I was able to find another member of staff and complain that we had still not had our afternoon tea and the tea was rapidly going cold! That member of staff took notice and the food arrived fairly soon, along with fresh tea.

The food quality was also very poor. The sandwiches were rather gooey and contained things like a few bits of grated cheese and a thick layer of Branston Pickle, ham swimming in Mustard and cucumber with mayonnaise - very strange indeed! It did come with a small amount of salad with a heavy layer of mayonaise The scones were OK but were hot and there was only one plastic pot of cream between us, which melted into the scones like butter. The "cakes" were extremely disappointing and consisted of a lemon tart, cut in two (half each) - this had a very thin pastry case and, when tasted, it was obviously just a thick layer of lemon curd put into it. Apart from that there were just three little cubes of very stodgy cake each and a tiny chow pastry bite containing cream and with a bit of liquid chocolate on top (the size of each of these was about one inch cubed). There were no cakes like you would normally expect for an afternoon tea.

We ate it as we were hungry by the time it arrived, but we would certainly not go back there again. We had used a daily deal voucher so had a reduction in the price, but it still cost us £19 (£9.50 each), which for the experience we had, was over priced, though the cost was not so much the problem, as our afternoon being ruined in this manner. If we had not already paid for the tea via the pre-paid coupon we would have walked out much earlier. That can be a disadvantage of pre paid coupons, but we have always had good value previously for our "big daily deals". The issue is with the hotel, not the deal company. There were very few customers about, it is not even as though they were busy.

My review profile can be easily searched, so it can be seen I am not a regular complainer, and it could not be said we are wanting a financial gain out of this since we had the pre paid voucher. Must admit reading a review like this would make me think someone was complaining for that reason, which is why I have explained our situation. I would not recommend anyone to visit this hotel for any reason as I doubt they would be able to produce any other meals well if this is the sort of thing they do for afternoon tea. There are plenty of other good hotels/restaurants in the area though.

Room Tip: Would not recommend the Hotel
  • Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
3  Thank TringWirral_England
Reviewed 7 August 2018 via mobile

One of my favourite hotel stays to date:
So pleased that the hotel managed to change my booking date due to work commitments.
Check in easy and simple and nice touch was been escorted to the room by the lady on reception once checked in, and pointed out the way to the bar and dining room.
Looks like we got a free upgrade to a large suite.
Large room and bathroom with doors opening to a private courtyard.
Room had everything and more.
Very clean with lovely toiletries and a good hairdryer.
Towels soft and plush.
Loved the side lights in the bathroom which meant getting up in the night didn't startle anyone with bright lighting.
Wish the shower was a bit more powerful and didnt just have the rain head.
Outside at the bar was a good way to spend a few hours.
Ordered food which wasn't the cheapest, along with the bar prices, but food was a very good standard.
Breakfast the following morning was amazing with really good quality produce and attention to detail, and cooked to order.
Staff friendly with lovely grounds to explore and relax on a hot evening.
Will certainly be planning another stay to try the spa facilities.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
Zach H, General Manager at Crabwall Manor Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 19 August 2018

Dear Sohett

Thank you for your recent stay with us and for your positive feedback, myself and the team are very pleased you enjoyed it here at Crabwall Manor.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon and hope you make good use of the Spa facilities on your next visit. Please call the hotel on 01244 851 666 to book any treatments in advance, as it is quite popular in the Spa.