1,441 results
All reviews colonic hydrotherapy master suite girls night steam room massive bathroom superior room changing rooms light lunch my partner lovely hotel walk in shower afternoon tea wedding venue lounge area cheshire oaks wedding reception evening meal
Reviewed 3 June 2018

Recently returned from a 2-night midweek break at Crabwall Manor, a lovely country house hotel on the outskirts of Chester. We were greeted by friendly receptionists on arrival and were shown to our room. We stayed in a standard double which overlooked a small internal courtyard. The room was sizeable with a large comfortable double bed and a substantial bathroom with walk-in shower.
We were advised on arrival that some major refurbishment and building work was being carried out and to let reception know if we were disturbed by any excess noise, but to be honest we didn’t hear a thing and apart from one open doorway we were oblivious to anything being done. The work was carried out during the day when we were out and about so didn’t affect us at all. The work is due to be completed by July 2018 according to the management.
We ate in the hotel’s restaurant on the first evening and the meal was delicious – we could only manage two courses, it was so filling!
Breakfast was cooked to order and there was a good selection of self-service cereals, fruit, pastries etc. to choose from. Some of the items had gone by the time we went up to the buffet table, but staff were quick to replenish them when asked.
Husband used the hotel’s spa and said it was very nice.
Would happily stay there again if we visit the area in the future.

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Carol H
Gary I, General Manager at Crabwall Manor Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 6 June 2018

Dear Carol H

Thank you for your review. My team and I are delighted that you had an enjoyable stay with us and I do hope that we will be able to welcome you back to Crabwall Manor to see our new rooms when they are finished and our refurbished treatment rooms.

Reviewed 2 June 2018 via mobile

Nice clean hotel close to Chester set in scenic grounds. Nice spa with treatments and gym facilities.

Easy to walk into Chester from the hotel along the canal.

No air conditioning so a little hot.

Breakfast was lovely.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank I3543TOamandaa
Zach H, General Manager at Crabwall Manor Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 19 August 2018

Dear Amanda A

Thank you for your kind feedback following your visit in June, the team here at Crabwall Manor were very pleased to hear you had a positive stay.

I take on board your comments regarding air conditioning in the bedrooms and we will look to find a possible solution.

We look forward to welcoming you back whenever you are visiting this area again.

Kind regards

Zach Hardman
General Manager - Crabwall Manor Hotel & Spa

Reviewed 2 June 2018 via mobile

We recently stayed here on a couples spa break at a cost of £278 for superior room bed breakfast and couples 30min massage.
We checked in at 3pm with no issues , our room was spacious, clean and comfortable. The bathroom was well equipped and modern. Our couples massage was conducted in the spa , our masseuses made us feel comfortable and relaxed and asked us several questions to ensure the massage suited our needs.
After our massage we spent time in the pool area which was clean and modern.
The hotel is located just outside of Chester and only takes around 45min along the canal to walk into the city centre. Or a £7 uber taxi ride . After a night out in Chester centre we returned slightly intoxicated and decided at 2am that breakfast in bed was the best option .Adrian on reception took us through our options and organised it all. He is a credit to the hotel. The breakfast itself was tasty and fresh.
Now for the bad points .
The hotel building itself is dated with old wooden windows in need of painting or repair . The rooms themselves have no air conditioning but are equipped with a small desk fan. On day with temperatures of 26 degrees air con was needed. The beds themselves we huge and comfy , but were made up of 2 separate divans and mattresses which mean it you were in the middle you fell down the gap.
We felt the cost of the trip was a little overpriced given all the factors. We would return but only if a better deal was available .

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
2  Thank 777benp

Dear Ben P

Thank you for taking time to review your recent stay with us. I am very pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us and I have noted the points that you have made – your feedback is very valuable to us.

I do hope that we can welcome you back to Crabwall Manor in the future.

Reviewed 2 June 2018 via mobile

I travelled to Crabwall Manor on the bank holiday weekend for a wedding reception and had an enjoyable stay.

It cost £8 in a taxi to get to crabwall from Chester train station which wasn’t too bad considering that the hotel is just outside of the town centre. When I arrived I was greeted by the manager who allowed me to check into the room myself despite the card payment being on my friend and fellow roommate’s card who was yet to arrive. I was escorted to my room by the manager himself who explained to me where the restaurant, gardens and wedding party were before leaving me to settle in.

The room was gorgeous; well decorated with plenty of room and plug sockets near mirrors which is always a minor miracle in most hotels! We personally never had any issues with our bathroom but other guests mentioned that the water either took a while to warm up or didn’t warm up at all. It is an old building though which may be a reason why.

The gardens were beautiful and well kept and the conservatory was tastefully decorated. The bar prices were what you would expect in this type of establishment but not overpriced and the staff were friendly and attentive.

We all ended up having a fabulous night and the wedding planner was a star.

In the morning the continental breakfast was laid out for everyone to help themselves to but hot breakfasts were ordered and cooked fresh which was a nice touch and the food came out on hot plates. The eggs were also cooked perfectly.

Checkout was seamless and we all left having had an excellent stay.

Overall a lovely hotel and a beautiful venue for a wedding.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled with friends

Dear Kelly S

Thank you for your review. My team and I are delighted that you had an enjoyable stay with us. Great to hear that the wedding was a great success and everyone had a good time.

I do hope that we will be able to welcome you back to Crabwall Manor very soon.

Reviewed 30 May 2018

My friend recently got married, and had the reception and evening party at Crabwall Manor. I have to say it was very well done.

Drinks were available on arrival - orange juice for the children and orange juice with prosecco for the adults. One thing I might suggest is having some of the plain orange juice in champagne glasses for non-drinkers - drinking out of a tumbler for a wedding event just doesn't suit!

The grounds were open to the wedding party for pictures after which we had the wedding breakfast in the conservatory. The layout here was well done with plenty of room around and between the tables. It did get *very* warm though, so I'd suggest that the air con be turned on earlier for similar events on hot days.The courses were brought out quickly (though plate clearing was slower) and the food was very good. There were a couple of minor mistakes (wrong wine being poured, water for the table being slow to be brought, missing glasses) but these were rectified quickly once staff realised.

Rooms were available from 3PM but a few of us had been able to get in earlier and leave our bags during the wedding breakfast which was helpful. I was sharing with a friend, and when reception were made aware of this we were upgraded to a bigger room (free of charge) to give us a larger bed which was appreciated. The room itself was really spacious, plenty of room for you to potter about, with a desk and separate seating area. The bathroom was big, and seemed partially updated to assist those with mobility issues. There was also plenty of storage for a short stay.

Breakfast was included in the cost of our room and was pretty decent. I'm not a fan of sausages with leek in them but it worked! The bacon was lovely, as was the black pudding - and how great to get that on a menu these days! The hot food is brought out quickly once ordered and was piping hot so had clearly been freshly cooked for me. Also available was a small selection of fruits, cereals, pastries and a toast making station. A pot of tea/coffee is brought to the table at your request, and orange or apple juice is available from the buffet. Service was very quick and the plates were cleared nearly as quickly.

Everything in the room, restaurant etcetera was very clean but it did feel a bit dated. A fresh coat of paint here and there and some other minor modernisations wouldn't go amiss - but this is an older building so I can see why they keep it as quaint as they do.

For the price I paid (which was half as I was sharing) I did think the hotel was a bit overpriced, but then I never made use of the Spa facilities so maybe some of the extra cost goes to that element. I'd certainly consider staying here again if in the area as they did a fantastic job making the event special.

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled with friends
1  Thank LadyDoom
Gary I, General Manager at Crabwall Manor Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 31 May 2018

Dear LadyDoom

I do hope that we can welcome you back to Crabwall Manor in the future.