1,018 results
All reviews business district the executive lounge metro station nice hotel business trip corner room business park grand arch trafalgar tour bed was very comfortable shopping mall an upgrade large mall business traveler grande arche quatre temps champs elysees
Reviewed 18 December 2015 via mobile

I recently traveled to Paris for work where the office was located in La Defense (North-west of Paris).

While the location was a short walk to my client the hotel itself was less than desirable. From the uncomfortable bed, the power sockets not working and the unbearable Wifi speeds I would not stay again or recommend to anyone else.

The room was clean and the breakfast buffet was good but the general facilities in the room were not up to scratch.

La Defense is also under a lot of construction so it can be hard to find. If you do stay here make sure you get the GPS details before hand as I had 2 taxi's get lost!

Stayed: December 2015, travelled on business
Ali N, Front Office Manager at Renaissance Paris La Defense Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 22 December 2015

Dear Paul T
I want to thank you for choosing the Renaissance Paris la Defense for your Parisian stay.
I was sorry to learn that you did not find our location desirable. We are located in the Business district which is one of the most affluent areas within the most visited mall in Paris.
Our transportation links are some of the best available with both the Metro line 1 , and the RER A, with the addition of regular and reliable bus services and trains.
Please accept my deepest apologies for the inconvenience with the WiFi, I am very proud to share some great news with you. We are working with our IT team to improve our Internet service and have soon the state-of-the-art system that will allow our guests to enjoy a better Internet experience.
We are delighted to know that you enjoyed your breakfast experience and I have shared your feedback with the Restaurant Manager.
We sincerely do hope that you will consider staying with us again in the future.

Reviewed 11 December 2015

Great (business)hotel if you need to be in la defense area. Easy access to metro to get into old Paris. Nice clean rooms, the only disappointing thing was the shower. Bathroom floor got flooded because of lack of cubicle. Very friendly front desk. Will stay here again for sure.

• Stayed: December 2015, travelled on business
Reviewed 26 November 2015 via mobile

Considering the alternatives in the area, this is probably one of the best hotels for business travellers with meetings in the Grande Arche part of la Defense. The hotel layout is a little wacky (in keeping with the La Defense architectural tradition!), but my room was comfortable, well equipped, quiet and the breakfast was good. Wifi was chargeable, but free to those with a Marriott Rewards membership; connection speed was good. Checkout was automatic, so no queuing. I've stayed here a couple of times on Business, and am pretty happy. If travelling for pleasure, I would look for something closer in.

Stayed: November 2015, travelled on business
Ali N, Front Office Manager at Renaissance Paris La Defense Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 28 November 2015

Dear IRC2005,

Thank you for sharing your review of your recent stay at the Renaissance Paris la Defense.

I am truly delighted to learn that your overall impressions were very positive as we always try to exceed our guest's expectations.
I was also pleased to read that you enjoy the location of our property which is indeed the best choice for business travelers working in la Defense as well as the tourists in vacations as we are only few minutes away from Paris City Center by metro.
If you wish to discover more Parisian Places or hidden treasures on your next visit, please feel free to contact our Head Concierge or any of our navigator experts. We would be very pleased to recommend you wonderful places.

I hope we will have the pleasure to welcome you back soon !
Once again, I thank you for your precious feedback.

Reviewed 24 November 2015

Was expecting better service for this type of hotel... Check my profile, I spent 100 nights in hotels in 2015... and same for almost 20 years!
You have a specific dietary requirements and you hear sorry we do not do vegetarian for banquets and they do not let people know!
Access to the hotel is nightmare... you call and ask for a mail in advance to get direction and they do not send it... they closed their parking and do not let you know then you have your car in a shopping center parking... with no one to help you with luggage!
On top of this... WIFI costs a fortune and food quality is below standards for a 4 stars hotel!
So in short failed to impress me in any way!
Not sure they'll see me again...

Room Tip: for a good place... choose another hotel
  • Stayed: November 2015, travelled on business

Thank you for taking the time to provide this feedback which I am of course disappointed to read.
Due to the recent sad events in Paris, we took the decision to temporary close our parking and also to prohibit parking in front of the hotel. We are sincerely sorry that we did not inform you about it prior to your arrival, Please accept our apologies for this situation which will definitely not reoccur.
Dear Serge_De_Bock,

We would like to thank you for your loyalty as you are a Marriott Rewards Member and you are eligible to benefit of free WiFi access when booking your room directly via Marriott Channels.
Please accept our deepest apologies for the inconvenience encountered with the banquet, we are really sorry that the vegetarian option offered did not meet your expectations. I have shared your feedback with our Director of Food and Beverage who joins me in offering his apologies.
I would very much appreciate the opportunity to learn more about your experience, so should you be willing to discuss further, I would kindly ask you to contact me at the hotel directly at +33 1 41 97 50 28

Reviewed 20 November 2015

This Hotel is next to the Grande Arche in the La Defense area. I purchased a 5 day 5 zone Paris Visite pass at the airport ticket booth, which allows access to just about all of the Paris transport options and more than paid back vs. individual ticket prices. I traveled from Charles de Gaulle (CDG) Airport on the RER B to Chatelet Les Halles stop where I changed to the RER A to La Defense. Leave the station at the Dome exit. You will be facing the Grande Arche and on the left side. Stay left and take the pathway along the side of the Arche and in 5 minutes you will find the Renaissance Hotel. The journey from the airport to the hotel was under one hour. You are not in the center of Paris, but in a business/commercial area with very good transportation options (RER and Metro) into the city. There are numerous shops and a very large grocery store. Now the hotel...
I stayed in a Junior Suite, Room 528, which looked out towards the Grande Arche and a great deal of construction. My check in was fast enough and the receptionist, Andra, was friendly and very helpful. The room was comfortable. The bathroom contained a tub/shower combination and a sink. The toilet was in a separate room which also had a sink. There was a large desk, mini refrigerator, Flat Screen TV, and safe. The room was clean and the housekeeping was very good. The Wi-Fi was fast enough for large file transfers and is free if you are a Gold or Platinum Marriott member. As is common with Marriott properties, the Concierge Lounge is not open on the weekends. I received vouchers for the Californian Restaurant for their breakfast buffet on Saturday and Sunday. It is a nice room with lots of light and the selection of food and drink was more than ample for my needs. The Concierge Lounge was open for Monday breakfast, with not as extensive a selection, but again ample for my needs.
I did encounter a few issues that were probably more of that's the way it is in France rather than real issues, however it was interesting to note that there were very few accessible electrical outlets to power all of my devices. There was one by the entrance door and a low current socket built into the hardwired hair dryer in the shower room. Nothing by the desk. I found an available outlet behind the cabinet that held the TV and the refrigerator which could be accessed by moving the cabinet away from the wall. Also, the remote control for the TV would not turn the TV on. I had to manually turn it on and then the remote would work and would turn the TV off. Probably user error on this one. The wall under the sink in the toilet room was unfinished above the plumbing. Unusual for a 4 star Hotel, but not impacting. The safe was too small for my 13" laptop.
My stay coincided with the tragic shootings of November 13th. The hotel security was in place at all entrances prior to this event and there never seemed to be a reason for concern at the Hotel.
All in all I had a good stay and would stay at the Renaissance Paris Hotel La Defense again

Room Tip: I always like a higher floor to take advantage of whatever view is available.
  • Stayed: November 2015, travelled solo