1,022 results
All reviews business district the executive lounge metro station nice hotel business hotel business trip corner room hotel is located grand arche trafalgar tour bed was very comfortable shopping mall an upgrade large mall min walk arc de triomphe quatre temps
Reviewed 25 August 2014 via mobile

This hotel needs to be renovated. The bedrooms (I've stayed 4 times over the last 12 months) have dated and battered furniture, old electronics and old bathroom fixtures. La Defense is not Paris and the Renaissance ensures your don't forget it.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
Ali N, Front Office Manager at Renaissance Paris La Defense Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 27 August 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your experience about your stay with us, and we are very sorry that we did not fulfill your expectations. Your comments are very valuable to us, and we assure you that they are taken into consideration for further actions, the preventive maintenance is one of our priorities, and the team is very pro active to fix any issues our guests may face during their stay, your feedback also allow us to improve and avoid that from hapenning again in the future.
Please feel free to contact me back may you need any further information

Kind regards,”

Reviewed 19 August 2014

Pros: If you are on business travel working in the La Defense area, this is a solid mid-range hotel. The rooms are clean and comfortable, it’s quiet, and the staff is very helpful and accommodating. The hotel bar staff goes out of its way to be friendly and attentive. In fact, it’s one of the more friendly places I’ve ever stayed in Paris.

Cons: This hotel is essentially in a business park/shopping plaza that shuts down very early. If you want any night life you will have to take the metro/cab into better parts of Paris. The hotel has very little character and I would not suggest it for those going to Paris on vacation, or for a romantic getaway. To be fair, you are on a main line metro and can be at the sites fairly quickly, albeit, via the foulest smelling method of transportation known to man. I think the trash compactor on the death star smelt about the same as the Paris metro.

Summary: For the rate I paid, if I wasn't on business I could have gotten nicer digs closer to the action. With that said, I didn't hate it, and the staff made it a nice experience, but I would have been disappointed with the location had I been on holiday/vacation.

Room Tip: I had a view over a construction site and cemetery - Next time i'd ask for the other side of the building.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
Ali N, Front Office Manager at Renaissance Paris La Defense Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 21 August 2014

Dear guest,

I would like to thank you for sharing your exeprience and giving us your feedback about your stay with us. We are very pleased to learn that you were generally satisfied with your stay, and we are extremely touched with your nice comments about our staff.

Thank you for choosing the Renaissance Paris La Défense, and please feel free to contact us whenever our assistance should be required.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 6 August 2014

I'm not sure if I've reviewed this hotel before. I've certainly stayed here before. It is a business hotel in the business district and my main reason for choosing it is convenience for our La Defense office. That said I got a warm welcome and a free drink. I don't know if that is because there was a promotion or if it was welcome back but I didn't waste it. For a French bar the waitress was not well versed in wine. I asked for a Sauvignon Blanc. She came back and said they had none. I said OK, surprise me - anything but a chardonnay and she brought me a Chablis. Ah well, if you have to have chardonnay, a Chablis is difficult to beat and I was happy. the last time I was here I had the opposite experience when I ate in the restaurant and ordered the cheapest red on the list. The waiter asked me if I enjoyed wine and when I said I did he recommended I spent a few more euros for a rather nice Bordeaux. I took his advice and was very happy I did. In general I eat there only if I arrive late and tired and cannot be bothered to make my way into town because the restaurant is populated by singles, obviously business travellers like myself, which does not create a great buzz.

The room is comfortable; there are enough power sockets, even if it means charging your phone on the floor by the door. I'd prefer more sockets at the desk. The bathroom is well stocked and I've always slept like a log in the bed. I had been upgraded and had free wifi but otherwise I'd have downgraded it as I hate to pay for wifi.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 4 August 2014

We just spent a weekend at this place and whilst to Hotel itself is not too bad it is just sat in a ghost town way outside of Paris.

It is situated in seemingly a business district of high rise office blocks in what looks like an unfinished project next to the "Defense Grand Arche" this is a huge office block rectangular in shape but called an arch??

The hotel seems devoid of staff and a very lonely place, the breakfast was mediocre and in a resaturant with no atmosphere and pretty shabby. The rooms were clean but only ok, our window view was of a building site with tumbleweed everywhere, the whole place seems unfinished and very cold in atmosphere.

If your intention is to travel to Paris then you need to use the trains in and out all the time and the metro in to Paris can be around 20 minutes each way.

You also need to be very cautious of the trains in and out that you catch, the metro is cheap but if you get on the line "A" instead of the "Yellow 1" and they run side by side, you will, as a couple, face a 66 euro penalty, you have been warned!!!!

There are a couple of places around the Hotel including the dreadful McDonalds with broken windows etc etc and a bar / restaurant which is all but dead and massively overpriced and a few shops but don't get excited about it.

Would we us it again? definately not.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
Ali N, Front Office Manager at Renaissance Paris La Defense Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 5 August 2014

Dear Ferrarilad,
It is a great pleasure to get your feedback about your experience at our hotel, and we thank you for choosing our hotel during your Parisian stay. We do understand that the location and the restaurant did not meet your expectations, please accept our deepest apologies. Thank you for your nice comments about the rooms, and we are very happy to hear that you enjoyed it.
Please feel free to contact me back anytime my assistance should be required.
Kind regards,
Ali N

Reviewed 2 August 2014 via mobile

Pros
Very friendly and helpful Staff (extra points as not always the case in Paris)
Good sized room which was clean and had a decently comfortable bed.
Decent selection for breakfast although coffee tasted like instant (shame for Paris where the coffee normally tastes great)

Cons
In la defence not Central Paris. So can't walk around to see most of the sites (didn't matter for me as I was working)
Rooms could have been a touch nicer, even if the carpet was just changed a bit more often.

Conclusion
Ok all round hotel where my highlight was the super friendly lady they checked me in when I arrived late. I might try and stay a bit more central next time, even if I don't get as big a room.

Stayed: July 2014