“Lamb cutlets”

Ranked #10 of 165 Restaurants in Orpington
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 14 June 2015 via mobile

Love this place they always make room for us , excellent food and service so friendly , love the lamb cutlets . A must try if your in the orpington area . .............

3  Thank Hcat1973

Reviewed 11 June 2015 via mobile

Loved this place.Visited Ephesus with my friends on a Saturday. Althoguh it was very busy the athmosphere was just perfect. The staff was helpfull and we never had to wait for drink and food as before our drinks finished were asked if we wanted more.There were two managers on duty on the night and they both came to our table at a time to ask if everything was ok.The musician knows how to enjoy people and of course the belly dancer is extremely enjoyable. The food tasted delicious. We are not dissapointed with this place and highly recomend it to our friends and family.

1  Thank sharone_8
Reviewed 7 June 2015

Visited on Saturday night with group of friends as was back in town for the weekend. Was really looking forward to visit as used to come in a lot for lunch and thought book table Saturday night for 6.

So atmosphere - Amazing live music belly dancing couldn't ask for anything more.

Food amazing - Couldn't ask for anything more.

Service - shocking -

- Asked to move tables 15 minutes after we arrived to fit in another party ( poor capacity management)

- Waited 15 minutes for drinks as minimum after waiting 15 minutes for someone to take drinks orders.

- Food was slow but was busy and atmosphere was amazing so could get away with it.

- Finished courses on both occasions waited 20 minutes to clear table.

- After mains waited in total an hour for anyone to come over ask if we wanted desert give menu , check if we wanted drinks.

- Asked for bill, took 15 minutes to print then 15 minutes for manager to finally realize wanted to pay

- Waitress left half way through meal

- asked waitress to bring us a cake out with candle as friends birthday she said yes this didn't happen.

- manager too busy dancing with hen party rather than looking after all guests.

Got to say working In the trade this upset me, this place has everything but was let down by appalling service, when manager realized we were upset been sitting waiting for 1 hour 20 min's he offered us a shot and and had cheek to charge £20 service charge. with the excuse it is busy, and were short.

There is around 70 covers in the place, there were 2 bar staff/ bussers , 2 waitresses and 2 managers . Id suggest in future managers spend more time looking after all there guests than having a party as this place had everything but the basic in service.

Only hurting yourself as spent £30 per head would have been £50 if could got service to order desert and have more drinks.

Will not be back

3  Thank Clark J
alikali2006, Owner at Ephesus Mediterranean Grill & Meze Bar, responded to this reviewResponded 15 June 2015

First of all I would like to thank you for your feedback. We are extremely sorry to hear that you were disappointed with our service. However I would like to state some facts.

After I received this review, personally investigated this issue and checked CCTV recordings.
According to the recorded video, you walked in to Ephesus at 8.56 pm. You were shown a temporary table since you original table was occupied other guests. Even though we informed our guests that they booked the table till 8.45 pm they insisted on staying to listen a few more songs therefore your table prepared and you were invited to your original table at 9.12 pm according to CCTV footage.

However after this point, contradiction starts. You claim that you waited 15 minutes for drinks order and another 15 minutes to drinks to be served. After that your starters are served and I believe that it took you around 10 minutes to finish. According to your complain you waited 20 minutes for your table to be cleaned. You probably waited another 15 minutes for your main courses to be served and it took you around 15 minutes to finish your main courses and according to the review you waited 20 minutes for your table to be cleaned. This time all sums up to 110 minutes. However to the video we have, your table was cleaned at 10.39 pm. The time between your arrival and your table cleaned is 87 minutes.
Also you claim that you waited 1 hour for your bill. However your payment was taken at 11.15 pm by me which means you waited 36 minutes after your table cleaned. This is all filed by our CCTV.

You mention service charge. We put 10% service charge it covers all the service you receive, music and entertainment. In addition to this you paid around £ 60 less than your initial bill which included £ 17.90 service charge.
After I took your bill to the till, I sent my partner to your table to apologize even though I had apologized you countless times. However you were nowhere to be found.
I do not believe Ephesus deserves such a harsh criticism to our strongest side which is service, since we are working really hard to make each of our customers happy. However once in a while we may experience once in a while we can experience unexpected issues. That night one of our waitresses called and sick therefore we were short of staff.
I was not planning to answer this review however. I will repeat your exact words “Could you not hire someone for £5 per hour. “The way you said it implied that the job my team and I do is cheap and valueless. This extremely upset me. That is why I am writing this answer to your review.

Thank you very much.

Reviewed 31 May 2015

Celebrated a friends birthday and had a wonderful time. The staff were wonderful and celebrated with us, recommending some lovely cocktails and bringing out a cake for an extra special touch. The food was wonderful and the chef allowed us to create a vegetarian platter which we thoroughly enjoyed. We can't wait to go back and celebrate again!

5  Thank Sarah M
Reviewed 31 May 2015 via mobile

Had a wonderful night, the staff were attentive and friendly and the entertainment was fantastic and the food very tasty. Definitely recommend for a great night out.

6  Thank Shanna W