1,080 results
All reviews four poster bed surrounding countryside murder mystery farmers bar fan heater sunday carvery beautiful building evening meal wedding venue wedding reception lovely setting black pudding food was fantastic lady on reception lovely room standard room following morning
Reviewed 7 October 2017

We stayed for one night in the hotel.The hotel and grounds has an amazing atmosphere . the internal decor has reminiscent of old times , unfortunately amenities also suffer from being poorly maintained throughout the years. Check in was fast enough.the room we got suffered from a few major issues all concerning the shower/toilet. Lack of proper/minimal maintenance is apparent in every aspect : The door doesn't close unless extensive force is applied, then it shuts with a large banging noise...Toilet seat is not tight and moves freely. there are two separate faucets for hot and cold water, and the shower faucet offers the choice of very hot water or burning hot water...no option of mixing in some cold water...also the faucet almost got ripped of the wall while struggling to find the correct position not to get burns(we couldn't find any). it was too late an we were too tired to complain ,and since it was only for 1 night we stated our complaints only at check-out. The breakfast was very good and sufficient, the restaurant was warm and comfy.

Room Tip: if you want to feel like the servants of the mansion you might like this Castle !!!
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
Mrs S, Owner at Best Western Walworth Castle Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 10 October 2017

Dear IzzyE_TLV,

I am sorry that you were unhappy with your room. If you would have said something at the time we could have offered you a different room which would have been more to your liking. However I am pleased that you enjoyed your breakfast and the restaurant. I hope you will give us another opportunity when you are next in the area.

Reviewed 6 October 2017 via mobile

Seriously cannot believe the appalling experience we had here. On arrival the receptionist gave us very divided attention and was more interested in speaking to her colleague than checking us in. Checked into our room, drink in bar then went up to shower. Toilet was in an absolutely disgusting state - mentioned this to reception staff who took no time in telling me that cleaning staff had all gone home and she definitely would not be doing cleaning herself. She did to be fair offer a room upgrade (really!!). but as I tried to explain, did not really want inconvenience of moving rooms, merely a clean toilet and not one that looks like it's been used month long at a festival. Spoke to Manager who offered to move our things but could not seem to appreciate that I was not happy to lave this task to his staff, based on our bathroom cleanliness experience. Shame as there are some hard working pleasant staff here who are all making up for exceptionally unhelpful, rude, uncaring lady on the Reception desk. This is an experience I would not wish to repeat and would recommend avoiding at all costs.

Stayed: October 2017
4  Thank Glynis D

Dear Glynis,

I apologise that there was an issue with the cleanliness in your bathroom. We have tried to contact you and left messages by telephone as we would have ideally liked to have spoken with you about the situation. We have reviewed our cleaning procedures to ensure the same doesn't happen again. I can assure you that this was a one off situation, and looking back at our previous tripadvisor reviews I am sure you will see that this situation hasn't happened before. We did offer you a room upgrade, not because we didn't want to clean the toilet, but it was given as a gesture of goodwill, offering you a four poster room in the castle, rather than a standard room in the west wing. We also gave you a complimentary drink at the bar for your inconvenience. Again, please accept my apologies and I do hope you will give us another opportunity in the future.

Reviewed 6 October 2017 via mobile

Hotel very quaint but seems to be lack of wuality control in hygiene... my sister's room the toilet was mosy obviously not cleaned. Staff were not available to do clean and could only offer room swap as recompense at inconvenience to guests. Attitude of reception staff really regrettable.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple

Dear Rowena,

I apologise that there was an issue with the cleanliness in your sisters bathroom and she has also written a review about this. We have reviewed our cleaning procedures to ensure the same doesn't happen again. I can assure you that this was a one off situation, and looking back at our previous tripadvisor reviews I am sure you will see that this situation hasn't happened before. Again, please accept my apologies and I do hope you will give us another opportunity in the future.

Reviewed 4 October 2017

Booked a 3day break here ,Susan receptionist,gave us a lovely room with 4 poster bed in the castle ,thankyou ,room was spotless bathroom large &a lovely .we had dinner here the chefs here are excellent ,large portions &a food cooked to perfection.we had a lovely relaxing break ,the castle has great history.andrew the food &a beverage manager ,very attentive.couldnt fault anything.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
Mrs S, Owner at Best Western Walworth Castle Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 5 October 2017

Dear gemgemcumbria,

Thank you for your review. I am so pleased you enjoyed the four poster room and the food during your stay with us. I will certainly pass your comments onto Susan and Andrew who you have mentioned in your feedback, and I am sure they will be delighted with what you have put. Again, thank you for taking the time to let us know how much you enjoyed your stay with us and we hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 29 September 2017 via mobile

We visited Walworth castle for an overnight stay on Thursday 28th Sep 2017.
We arranged our stay with Susan, who is the head receptionist, she was so friendly, professional and exceptionally helpful and went out of her way to meet up with us after our arrival.
All the staff were very professional and friendly taking time to stop and chat
we were greeted by Kim, a very friendly receptionist who ensured our check in & check out was quick and efficient and explained were we would find lounges, restaurants etc
Paige took excellent care of us in the afternoon and during our evening meal ensuring every little detail was perfect.
Our food was tasty well presented and hot.
Our room was a tower suite large and spacious with a separate lounge and a four poster bed. Every room had fabulous views of the grounds and country side
it was clean and tidy with toiletries towels and robes supplied.
Wa arrived on motorbikes and we were welcomed by every one even the owner took photographs of the bikes parked outside the castle
I can highly recommend a visit either to stay over or just for a meal, Sunday lunch or afternoon tea, there is a park for children to play in and the birds of prey is worth a visit
Thank you susan and your team for making our stay pleasurable and putting a smile back on our faces we will be back soon
Andrea & Stephen Gilchrist x

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple

Dear 549AndreaG549,

Thank you so much for your recent review. I am delighted that you have taken the time to mention so many members of staff who went over and above to ensure you enjoyed your stay with us. We really do appreciate your feedback and we look forward to welcoming you back again in the near future.