1,776 results
All reviews ayung river pool villa birds nest duplex villa our honeymoon river front private pool butler service la view restaurant personal butler romantic dinner mango golf cart every hour spent nights white water rafting afternoon tea amazing place
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We were a party of 9 and stayed at Kupu Kupu for 4 days in August. Nice room, beautiful views and great service. For one night a couple from our group had the villa looking the valley and ayung river. This was a gorgeous room. The rest of the time we stayed at the rooms with the pool views, and these were gorgeous. They offer butler and buggy service for the rooms. Restaurant and bar has gorgeous view of the valley.
The food was delicious and the service is exceptional. I hope to come back again

Room Tip: Ayung river villa rooms are the best
  • Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
KupuKupuResorts, Manager at Kupu Kupu Barong Villas and Tree Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Dear Preeta A,

Thank you for staying with us at Kupu Kupu Barong Villas & Mango Tree Spa by L’OCCITANE and thank you for your wonderful review.

I am glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and I am especially happy to hear that our associates delivered friendly, helpful and attentive service during your stay. Their commitment to take initiative with selfless sincerity and thoughtful courtesy has allowed them to fully recognize the needs of our guests.

Please do recommend us to your family and friends and we look forward to welcoming you back whenever you plan your next visit to Ubud-Bali. If I may be of further assistance, please do contact me via kadek@kupubarong.com, my team and I remain at your service.

Reviewed 4 September 2018

We had our last night's dinner here on the infinity pool, under the canopy. It was beyond romantic, and the food was amazing. The service was so good and so friendly to us, we loved the candles and rose petals all around. It was the most private dinner we have ever had. I loved the wine pairing and the final dessert was creative and spectacular!
-Alli & Wyatt
August 2018
Seattle, WA , U.S.A.

Room Tip: Wine pairing, and chocolate flower dessert
  • Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Alli A
KupuKupuResorts, Manager at Kupu Kupu Barong Villas and Tree Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 7 September 2018

Dear Alli A,

Thank you for your wonderful review. I am glad that you enjoyed your infinity pool dinner and I am especially happy to hear that our associates delivered friendly, helpful and attentive service.

Reviewed 3 September 2018

the hotel room was very very nice
the staff is super friednly and helped me with everything starting from guiding me about what to do in Bali and what not to
They planned out my scuba diving for me and also

Stayed: September 2018
1  Thank RahilG11

Dear Rahil G,

Reviewed 24 August 2018 via mobile

Our 3 nights stay was very bad. Villa was not clean. Spiders were everywhere. We had daily visits from cockroaches and worms. Bed sheets were not being changed. Restaurant staff lacks basic knowledge of customer management.
The hotel is completely overrated.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
4  Thank Amgad M
KupuKupuResorts, Manager at Kupu Kupu Barong Villas and Tree Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 27 August 2018

Dear Amgad M,

Firstly I must specifically thank you for choosing our Resort for your stay in Ubud.

I am sad and sorry to read your review regarding your stay experience at our resort.

I am never proud to know that we have failed to delight a guest. Please accept my sincere apologies for not delivering expected services. This isn’t an excuse however… we have shared your review with our executive team concerning the cleanliness, bed sheet, insect everywhere, and the service in our restaurant so that corrective measures are taken as our utmost priority is to deliver an excellent holiday through impeccable facilities and irreproachable service. I confess that none of us took any pleasure or pride in reading and reviewing the issues that you described.

In the meantime, once again I would like to apologize for not being able to offer you the holiday you have been dreaming of. We hope to welcome you again in our Resort in better conditions.

I would be delighted to discuss further into details the different issues you experienced and If I may be of further assistance, please do contact me via kadek@kupubarong.com, my team and I remain at your service.

Reviewed 23 August 2018 via mobile

We brought a 3 night Luxury Escape to this resort. Resort is built overlooking a ravine and comprises of villas, pool suites and deluxe rooms. Included in our package was airport transfer, 90minute, massage and a couple of lunches. Spa treatment was lovely. We didn’t have the lunches as there was only a choice of Nasi Goreng or a Chicken sandwich. We were allocated our pool suite on arrival, unfortunately the aircon didn’t work too well. Next day we were moved to a duplex suite. The aircon was much better, but this room didn’t have a balcony. We booked the resort as we were only spending 3 nights in Bali before heading to Lombok. It’s a fair drive from Ubud with no walk trails etc close by. We wouldn’t t stay again.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Tina W

Dear Tina W,

Firstly I must specifically thank you for choosing our Resort for your stay in Ubud, Bali and Thank you for taking the time to review our resort and giving us your feedback.

I am sad and sorry to read your review regarding your stay experience at our resort in Ubud.

I am never proud to know that we have failed to delight a guest. Please accept my sincere apologies for not delivering expected services. This isn’t an excuse however… we have shared your review with our executive team so that corrective measures are taken as our utmost priority is to deliver an excellent holiday through impeccable facilities and irreproachable service. I confess that none of us took any pleasure or pride in reading and reviewing the issues that you described.

I do hope that you may consider revisiting Kupu Kupu Barong again in the future. My team and I would very much like the opportunity to restore your faith in our resort again. Once again, thank you for your constructive and gracious remarks. Please do not hesitate to contact me via kadek@kupubarong.com, My team and I will be remain at your service