Royalton Saint Lucia
Stephanie's Hotel(Gros Islet)
blu St Lucia(Gros Islet)
Villa Cleopatra(Gros Islet)
1,149 results
All reviewsdiamond clubtex mexmartini barfood truckteething problemsjacuzzi bathroom keybeautiful resortbuffet restaurantstayed in buildingzen restaurantsaint luciawait timespresidential suitekids cluba la carte restaurantsmain buffet
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 5 July 2017 via mobile

First of all, I'd like to say the resort is beautiful and the staff are amazingly friendly, you couldn't wish for better. The reason I have only give them 3 stars is the restaurant dress code.... or lack of one. Normally in 5 star resorts smart dress is the standard for meal times but here the code says smart casual so smart shorts are allowed. You might think that is great but who decides what is smart. People were dressed in swimming shorts, vests, one guy even came in straight from the gym, sweaty. The people who aren't dressed up then leave the restaurant and slob around the lounge with their feet and shoes on chairs and tables like they are on the sun lounger. Gives the place a 3 star feel.

The food is great, we mainly ate in the buffet restaurant as there is plenty of choice with 3no cooking stations for meat, fish and pasta/ stir fry.

As I stated at the start of this review, the staff are great from the cleaner right through to the management. No-one walks past without saying hello or asking if you're enjoying your stay. The room was excellent, very big, clean, Jacuzzi bath and double shower in our room which also had a seat in so could turn the shower into a steam room.

The entertainment is a little repetitive and a bit amateurish but I put that down to the island being so small and there aren't many hotels in comparison to some other islands so attracting great acts must be hard.

St Lucia is a really friendly place and we felt safe wherever we went on the island. Overall, we enjoyed our stay and think the St Lucian people are great. We won't be trying a Royalton again though if the restaurant dress code here is the standard for this hotel group. The place does have the potential to be great though.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
3  Thank Raggydoll-15
Reviewed 5 July 2017 via mobile

Accommodation is great rooms were amazing my issues were with service took me about 50mins to get bread and a soda at grazi after my waitress had taken my order I actually had to leave my wife at the table to go find a waiter to get me bread and a soda when the food finally came out an hour and thirty minutes after my order was taken it lack salt and seasoning. I got fed up and went to hunter the food was not better at all the food there blunt and lack flavor. Breakfast look amazing on the TV but when it got to the room the taste was very unpleasant. Over at the dips bar I met Michelle who is and amazing bartender warm vibrant personality. Lex over at the martini bar was jus great young innovative guy.
Overall the hotel is a great place but food is terrible

Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Alphaa B
Reviewed 5 July 2017

The front desk crew requires more training. The concierge staff was very helpful. The vibe team was fun, energetic and made the stay wonderful. Clinton from the gym is a great instructor. I had an 80 minute massage with exfoliation and it was absolutely amazing. I would recommend it to all. Security needs a little work. A bunch of secluded areas and the locals can use the beach just be careful. The buffet staff was great. Great experience at all restaurants except Tex Mex. A bunch of tables empty and were being held for Diamond club members. Upon checkin they should avice you to make reservations if there is a difference in the patrons based on Diamond club, hideaway and average people. The resort is not cheap and I had no idea that there was a difference in the people. Work on this or you may only have the diamond club and the hideaway. I travel and have a bunch of people that have asked about the place. I would hope improvements would be made sooner than later. I gave you the benefit of the doubt because you have only been open since February. The bartenders were all very nice.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled with friends
4  Thank kathyjittaunm
RoyaltonStLucia, General Manager at Royalton Saint Lucia, responded to this reviewResponded 7 July 2017

Dear kathyjittaunm,

Thank you for staying with us at Royalton Saint Lucia. We're happy our Hosts were helpful and you particularly enjoyed the Vibe Team's energy, your spa treatment and Clinton's expertise. Your concerns regarding Host Training, dining reservations and other imperfections have been noted. We welcome feedback from guests as they highlight areas of opportunity for improvement at the resort, therefore your review is appreciated. Hopefully, you visit us again soon and we're able to make the second stay better than the first!

Reviewed 4 July 2017

It was a very nice resort. One of my concerns is the amount of towels in a room and the amount of time it takes to get extras. The entertainment needs serious upgrades. The frequency of servers filling drinks when I'm lounging needs an upgrade as well. The seaweed on the beach is aggravating too.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank stevengeraldl
RoyaltonStLucia, General Manager at Royalton Saint Lucia, responded to this reviewResponded 5 July 2017

Dear stevengeraldl,

Thank you for staying with us at Royalton Saint Lucia. We're happy you found the resort nice, however, we regret your disappointment/concern regarding certain aspects of your vacation. We've noted all your feedback regarding the in-room towels, entertainment, servers and seaweed; and assure you each of the above will be addressed accordingly. It is our first priority to deliver the All-In Luxury vacation guests deserve, so learning of your experience enlightens us and assists with perfecting the delivery. We do hope you return, as we'd love to welcome you a second time.

Reviewed 4 July 2017

Beautiful resort, but 90 plus minute ride from airport. The beach is very small. You can't really go out into the ocean more than about 15 feet. Service was excellent. Augustus, our butler, was exceptional :)

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family

Dear krystallynp,

Thank you for visiting our resort in Saint Lucia. At Royalton Saint Lucia, our first priority is to ensure guests experience the All-In Luxury vacation they deserve and we're happy you received just that, despite your minor disappointment with the beach. We do agree, the drive from the airport may be longer than expected, but a helicopter transfer is always an option the next time you visit. We look forward to welcoming you again.