“Welcoming and Beautiful”
other travellers have booked this property
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Very good
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

SarahRevi...
Naples, Italy
“Welcoming and Beautiful”
Reviewed 9 April 2018 for a stay in April 2018

Ilaria and Marco were gracious and welcoming hosts. They have a strong connection to this special city and make you feel at home. The beds are comfortable and the views incredible. The building is a traditional medieval work of architecture, same as the rest of the city. The WiFi is pretty good, and breakfast was superb. Enlightening stay.

18 Aug 2018
Thank you Sarah for appreciating Civita and our place, we are lucky to have inherited this place :) it has been a real pleasure to have you and would be nice to have you back sometimes.
Theodore...
“This was the highlight of our trip to Italy”
Reviewed 22 October 2017 for a stay in October 2017
person found this review helpful

Gaia was a wonderful hostess from the start. She gave us lots of suggestions of things to do, sent us a parking permit so we could leave the car at the bottom of the footbridge, paid for our luggage to be brought uphill to the apartment, and arranged a meal for us at the wonderful Alma Civita restaurant. The accommodations are a wonder, opening out to a beautiful garden that overlooks the canyon. We want to come back sometime for a week or a month or a season or lifetime. Thank you, Gaia!

29 Oct 2017
Thank you Theodore and the rest of the family for appreciating Civita and our place, we are lucky to have inherited this place :)
it has been a real pleasure to have you and do not hesitate to come back whenever you like. Grazie!
Kate D
Santa Rosa, California
“Very misleading picture of the walk to the city”
Reviewed 23 September 2017 for a stay in September 2017

The picture of the walk to the city looks almost flat. It is not. My husband and my daughter have health problems and could not get up the very steep hill. The two men who were "helping" at the bottom of the hill were very rude. We were frustrated and sad but we had to drive away and find another place to stay. The next day Gaia texted us about a Red Cross bus but that offer came too late. We had already given up and left the area. Gaia refuses to give us any refund so we are being charged $483.11 for two nights stay that we could not use. She is blaming us for not knowing how steep the hill is or telling her in advance we needed help. But we did not know we were going to need help and she could have offered us more help on the phone when we were explaining why we could not get there. This was our worst experience in Italy. And sad because the pictures of the city look so magical. We really did want to stay there. If you are healthy, you will probably love it.

Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
26 Sep 2017
Thank you very much Kathleen for your reply,
I think it can be really useful for next guests,
as I told you I am very sorry and embarrassed about this experience, it the first time it happens to me, frankly I think I have given all the infos required as I always do - and done all the work needed, also more then usual, because I did not have any news about you until the moment of your check in and normally people arrange the time of their arrival with me because this is not an hotel - just unfortunately you have not read them until less then one hour before the check in without giving any news about you until then.
It's not easy to communicate with people that are not reading the instruction I send, "Civita is not and easy place", I write, "please read well the following instruction". Normally guests respond and know where they are going.
To reply to what you say in your review: on the phone at 6.45 pm of the day of your supposed check in you have not explained anything to me (you have also asked me to book a restaurant for you which on a Saturday night, last minute, is quite complicated and I have done it), I have arranged a minicar to bring uphill the luggage that is available until 7 pm and we were lucky to be in time - you have just asked if you could come up with the luggage, so I have replied that it is not possible, and as I always say that the secret to come up is to walk slowly, enjoy the landscape and take your time, as also my 83 years old father does - but your luggage was not on the minicar at 7.00, that's why I have written to you back to have news and only an hour later had your few words reply back, without even saying sorry and just saying some of you could not walk uphill. At that moment my reply was: "it's a pity to have arrived in the area have an apartment booked for 2 nights and not to visit Civita", I have proposed to organize a trip with the red cross tractor for the morning after but had no answer until 7 pm of the next day when you just asked about our cancellation terms.
Sorry if after 2 days - and some days before - worrying about your arrival I have replied that cancellation is normally asked in advance and I did not think your cancellation inquiry could be recognized. As you could understand I had my apartment reserved for you both days because I did not know what you wanted to do.
A better communication would help, always, and in particular in Civita.
Thanks again anyway for your interest in our apartment and Civita and as I already told you, think to come back sometime with a better organization and communication, you have a night paid :).
Pearl B
Berkeley, California, United States
“Amazing place up in the sky”
Reviewed 2 June 2017 for a stay in May 2017
person found this review helpful

Amazing place in the heart of Civita de Bagnoregio. Such a lovely stay in a lovely quaint little town. Gaia was super helpful in booking us a table at one of the most wonderful restaurants in town; and her place was amazing. We really cannot wait to go back!

3 Jun 2017
Pearl, thanks a lot for your review, it has been a real pleasure having guests like you, enthusiast, smiling and appreciative. It would be nice if we could meet again sometimes!
Ciao and say hallo to the rest of the group :)
Mario S
San Diego, California
“History alive !”
Reviewed 26 May 2017 for a stay in May 2017

Excellent choice !
Marco and Gaia gave us all the info and support needed. Civita is a (very) old town, rich is history and with amazing geological attractions. Which we had a little more time to explore the area, just one day wasn't enough to get to know all the possibilities.

31 May 2017
Thanks a lot Mario! It was a pleasure to have you all as guest. And who knows we could meet again in Civita sometimes :)
Ciao

All the best to you all
-- Gaia e Marco
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing