“Not friendly not enjoyable”

Darwin FreeSpirit Resort
Tennant Creek, Australia
“Not friendly not enjoyable”
Reviewed 16 October 2011

I just booked into the Darwin freespirit resort at 901 Stuart highway just north of Palmerston, I was seen by a friendly and helpful young lady who gave me a map with directions and my family cabin room key, so far so good, it states on the map I have to pass through boom gates to get to my room, okay you say, firstly the boom gates don't work no matter how many times you wave the damn key!, advising a 2nd lady of this ( don't know where the first disappeared to) she advised me I must be doing something wrong ( Huh!), I stated to her that there was a sign on the gate to state it is not operating, she looked at me and then said ' how would she know that' ( Huh!) I politely pointed out that she worked here and it would be helpful and convenient to customers she know this. Her reply, don't speak to me in that manner, don't get angry with me, ( ask anyone about me, angry is not the first thing you think of when you describe me). She then stated that the boom gate I was directed to doesn' t work, and is the exit, ( wow!), directed to the entrance boom gate not a problem. Now keep in mind I was given a map with directions to a boom gate that doesn't work, it is a humid day with sweat coming out of every pore, I have just driven 1000kms to Darwin transporting my brother for a medical check up, am I happy with the Darwin freespirit resort?. NO!. I still have another 2 days of stay, things hopefully can only get better.

Room Tip: Dont stay at the Darwin FreeSpirit
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled with family
4 Thank Trevor M

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (89)
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 4 October 2011

The chalets are expensive but the pool and bouncing thing are great for kids. The location is nothing special but easy to find as you head into or out of town.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank GavinHughesSydney
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 3 October 2011

Good Shady powered sites, Great tour desk, 3 resort pools (The main pool could have been cleaner during our stay). Good quality town water compared to other darwin parks. Nearby bike track to Darwin CBD.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank jontripbale b
Rockhampton, Queensland
Reviewed 3 October 2011

Spent 10 days on a premium powered site. Sites were grassy and suitable for a large family tent. Park quiet at night and felt safe. Kids loved it although activities were on the way down as it was the end of season. My only minor gripe which prevents 5 stars was that there were cigarette buts all over our site when we arrived and at a premium price one would expect to have been tidied.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank robmigrates
Broome, Western Australia, Australia
Reviewed 27 September 2011

Our second time here for a holiday, great staff, great facilities,what more can a person want. Will be back again when time allows, why look else where when this has it all. Why settle for second best when the best is under your nose. Thanks to all and look forward to seeing you all on our next holiday to the top end, cheers.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Tania G
Also consider these accommodations in or near Holtze
11.6 km away
14.3 km away
Mantra on the Esplanade
13.4 km away
Adina Apartment Hotel Darwin Waterfront

Been to Darwin FreeSpirit Resort? Share your experiences!