2,863 results
All reviews swim up bar lanai room beach bungalow turtle sanctuary our honeymoon french polynesia dolphin centre fish dolphin experience main building swim with the dolphins main beach welcome drink concierge staff local restaurants transit room snack mahana
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

The atmosphere in the lobby will get you inmediately in the mood for a lovely stay.
The staff everywere in the hotel were great and always available for helping the passengers.
The bungalows are a bit pricey but then again they have a large living room,
and lots of privacy. They all have a private beach or ladder to enter the pristine water.
The breakfast buffet was very complete and the pool restaurant and The Shell restaurant provided delicious food. One must try the panko breaded shrimp.
Delicious.

Room Tip: I would only go to the cabins on the water,
  • Stayed: October 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank syan0vich
Jean H, General Manager at InterContinental Moorea Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear Guests,
Ia Orana from Moorea!
Thank you for this lovely comments.
I am very glad to learn that you have really enjoyed your stay with us and rest assured that I will transfer your message at all staff.
We hope to have the pleasure to welcome you back one day.
With my kind sunny regards,

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Wish we would've stayed somewhere else, but it was fine. You can get as good (if not better) of an experience for less cost.

Pros: Spacious bungalow, Plunge Pool, Comfortable bed, pool, free kayaking to a place we could snorkel to see sharks and rays. Beautiful location of course.

Cons: Lots of tiny bugs that we could never seem to get rid of. Especially in the bathroom. Weird art above the bed. They felt the need to put boards along the track of the sliding glass door. Concerned that it might be due to break-ins. The sea turtle exhibit seemed a bit tired and not a high priority. I could be wrong. The food was quite forgettable. The calamari seemed to be something I'd get at a burger king if it sold it. They could dramatically improve on food and even some of the service. The usb charge port was hit or miss.

I would choose a different location if/when I visit again.

Stayed: October 2018, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,
I would like to thank you for this comment and for your stay with us.
I am sorry to see that some aspects of the resort did not met your expectations.
We hope that you have nonetheless brought back pleasant memories of your time in our beautiful island.
With my best regards,

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Just back last week from a 9 night stay at this beautiful resort. We had an amazing room, 2nd floor end unit looking over the bungalows to the ocean, the beach, dock and pools. 2 loungers plus table and chairs. Bright and airy with sliding door and side window.

From the moment we arrived to the moment we left nothing but the best service from the entire staff. The bell guys will drive you up to the top of the driveway, making it quick to get to the mini-market across the street. They’re all super friendly, always smiling and happy.

Food was excellent. When we did eat dinners at the resort we mostly ate at the bar outside, toes in the sand at sunset and it was great.

Grabbing a kayak for awhile every day or two was quick and easy. My wife loved her spa treatment on her birthday. We received an invitation to the General Manager’s cocktail at sunset, complimentary champagne, fruit and food and got to get acquainted with other guests. Jean, the General Manager seemed genuinely interested in our opinions and experience at the resort. A wonderful touch.

A highlight for us was the concierge, Josiane who we interacted with the most. She arranged our Lagoonarium trip, round trip tp Allo Pizza, 2 visits to Coco Beach, a whale watch (which was unfortunately cancelled due to very high winds - so we rented a buggy that day instead) and much more. She made us feel welcome and very special, remembering our names from the 1st visit to the last.

We liked it so much we’re seriously considering returning to Moorea and the Intercontinental next year. It's a special place and they treated us with individual attention and care.

Room Tip: 2nd floow end unit that looks over the bungalows
  • Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Ghidorah2112

Dear Guests,
Ia Orana from Moorea!
Thank you so much for your the lovely review.
One can feel the atmosphere and the friendlyness in the narration.
To see that your time with us has touched you so deeply goes straight to our heart.
I have passed along your message to Josiane who also thanks you for your encouraging comments. All our staff puts great efforts in serving our valued customers and it is always a good feeling to see that we are able to make a difference.
Thanks again for your encouragement and we look forward to welcoming you back to Moorea in the near future.
Until then take care.
With my warmest regards,

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

This experience just wasn't as good our other tips to similar locations. After a long flight to the Island it took them forever to make a room ready (we waited for over 5 hours- they are very strict and unaccomodating if your only flight options put you on the island early). The excursions were the worst, English website, English brochure, no English during the "tour". We actually tried to cancel or redirect the funds of our second excursion to something like the spa, or even a restaurant after we had a bad experience on our first one, but because we booked ahead of time we were going to lose half the cost (which I wish we would have done anyways). It was incredibly unpleasant knowing we were wasting precious vacation island time on what they called "the best tour we offer" when renting a scooter or a little boat would heve been much better. I can't recommend the intercontinental, but if you do go, be sure to walk up the hill to the holy steak house, it was lovely, the top dive shop was very hospitable as well.

Stayed: October 2018, travelled with family

Dear guest,
Thank you for your comments.
I am sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations. I understand that some of our guests arrive early in the morning and rest assured that, whenever possible, we have the rooms ready on arrival. Unfortunately October is still in the midst of high season and we are running at full occupancy. Like all hotels world wide in this situation, it is thus simply impossible to offer early check-ins. To avoid this problem, we recomend pre booking an early check-in to ensure the most comfortable arrival.
Regarding your activities, I must admit being surprised with your comments. This company is one of the bigest on the island and with over 70% of the clientele being English speaking they make a note to have english speaking guides. I will look into the matter immediately and are sorry that you did not bring this to our attention during your stay as I could have ensured that the rest of your stay was up to your expectations.
We hope that you have nonetheless brought back pleasant memories of your time in French Polynesia.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

This is a gorgeous place. We stayed in an overwater bungalow. Would recommend all the excursions, especially the whale watching one (you can swim with them!). Tip that we wish we had known before going.... there is a market right up the street that has little snacks and drinks. Would recommend shopping there and bringing to your room because the food and drink prices are really expensive. For example.... a sandwich was about $25USD.

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Victoria R

Dear Victoria,
Ia Orana from Moorea!
I would like to thank you for this comment.
I am glad to see that you have enjoyed our Hotel and diverse activities.
We hope to have the pleasure to welcome you one day.
Best regards,