2,858 results
All reviews swim up bar lanai room beach bungalow turtle sanctuary our honeymoon french polynesia dolphin centre fish dolphin experience main building swim with the dolphins main beach welcome drink concierge staff local restaurants transit room snack mahana
Reviewed 4 December 2016

This was a surprise trip for me. My husband planned this trip for our 25th anniversary and I was not in the planning process at all so I was really nervous about where we were going. Well, it turned out amazing due in part to our great stay at the InterContinental in Moorea. The first thing I noticed when we arrived is the beautiful, well maintained grounds with beautiful tropical plants and flowers. The next was the beautiful lobby and the awesome hospitality we received at check in. We experienced two types of bungalows. The first night we had to stay in a garden bungalow (#424). The bungalow looked well maintained and had it's own private mini pool surrounded by tropical plants. The next night and there after we moved to an overwater bungalow (#521). This inside was the same but a little larger than our garden bungalow. Ours was partially over the water being the deck was completely over the water but the view was so amazing, it did not even notice. No matter where you were in the bungalow you faced to ocean to see three shades of beautiful blue water. It was nice and private and you walked right on deck to a beautiful sea of fish below you. The resort offered free snorkeling gear so we took advantage of that and used it to swim in our beautiful aquarium off our deck. We also saw turtles and a few black tip sharks at night.
My husband booked the breakfast and dinner package because we were not planning on renting a car so he thought it best to buy the package (it's expensive). We took advantage of both buffets. The food was good and there was a huge variety so you could certainly find more than a few things you would like. We did find out that there were several restaurants that will come pick you up for free to have lunch or dinner. Several resort guest were invited by the general manager for cocktails as a meet and greet but he also wanted our feedback concerning our stay and I discussed how all was amazing but I wish they would change their prices for lunch/dinner.
The grounds were so beautiful and extensive so we always went for an after dinner stroll. From what I understand, the InterContinental has the largest grounds of all the resorts on Moorea. Seems to be true as we visited a few other resorts while we were there and it was basically the lobby/restaurant/bar and a you walked straight out to your bungalow.
I can't forget to talk about how amazing the hospitality was. From the front desk, to the concierge, to the wait staff all the way to the maintenance staff. We were greeted every where we went, and whatever we asked for they accommodated without any hassle. While everyone did an outstanding job, Tehei at the front desk was a shinning star. We booked a few excursions with ease and they always picked us up on time. Total relaxation, beautiful scenery and friendly people equal an amazing vacation. I normally do not vacation to the same place twice but I would go back to Moorea and stay in the InterContinental again without a doubt.

Room Tip: Try to find an aireal view of the property. There are a few bungalows that are tucked behind others and your view may not be so good.
3  Thank Sunshine35
Jean H, General Manager at InterContinental Moorea Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 5 December 2016

Dear Guest,
Ia Orana from Moorea!
Thank you so much for your wonderful comment and for your stay with us.
I have posted your message in all our departments and as you can imagine it has brought warmth to all our employees. As you noticed for yourself, Polynesians are very warm and genuine and hearing that they made a difference means a lot to them.
We hope to have the chance to welcome you one day.
In the meantime take care of yourselves.
With my warmest regards,

Reviewed 4 December 2016

The hotel was amazing! the pool and the swim up bar just devine. We stayed in a garden bungalow that had its own private plunge pool! The room smelt amazing when we arrive and was so big and beautiful! the only downside was there were so many mosquitoes around the garden we didn't use our plunge pool much. Food at the restaurant was great! A good selection of local foods and western food! The Polynesian nights are a must do!

2  Thank becheath

Ia Orana from Moorea!
Thank you very much for your lovely comment.
It was a pleasure to welcome you to our small piece of paradise and we are delighted to hear you have brought home with you such special memories.
We hope to see you back one day.
With my kind sunny regards,

Reviewed 2 December 2016

Intercontinental Resort & Spa Moorea, Moorea
I had the opportunity to stay at two different types of rooms.
The first was a superior room. The room was pretty and clean. It had everything we needed.
Our second room was a Junior Suite, Overwater (Premium Bungalow). The Bungalow was very pretty and comfortable. We enjoyed our stay and we loved the room and the views!!!
The property and location are beautiful. It is surrounded by gorgeous mountains. The views are astonishing it’s like being in paradise. May 2015

• Stayed: May 2016, travelled as a couple
3  Thank LuciaDel

Ia Orana from Moorea!
Thank you very much for your cheerful review.
I am glad that you had a wonderful stay with us and that you liked the beauty of our hotel and views.
Hopefully see you again one day.
With my best regards

Reviewed 30 November 2016

The overwater bungalows at Intercontinental are NOT overwater. There are actually only 3. The rest are actually on land with the back balcony hanging over the bay or ocean. It gets worse. If you get the bungalows that face the ocean, they are very nice. However, if you get the "overwater" bungalows at the back of the lagoon, you have no view, you sit on stagnant water, and you look a the back of somebody else's bungalow. Its very disappointing when you expect a quality bungalow.

If you go there, your travel agent must insist/guarantee one of their "real" overwater bungalows or get a semi-overwater on the outer edges by the ocean. However, I would recommend the Hilton overwater bungalows as they are much prettier and exactly what you would expect. You will be much happier.

The diving was excellent and the dive instructor very helpful/great guy. Snorkeling is very good around the resort. The snorkel/private island lunch trip with shark/ray experience is excellent but the Hilton does the same trip. The Hilton overwater bungalow is by far superior.

As you can tell, I got the bungalow at the back of the lagoon. It was a bad experience, ruining that part of our 30th anniversary trip. Fortunately, the Sofitel Private Island in Bora Bora and the Le Tahhaa Resort in Tahaaa were stunning and made up for it. It is very risky to go the Intercontinetal. You could get junk.

Room Tip: Absolutelu insist on one of their three "real" overwater bungalows. Otherwise you will be very sorry.
4  Thank dcrouse2
Jean H, General Manager at InterContinental Moorea Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 1 December 2016

Dear Guests,
Thank you for your feedback. Guest satisfaction is very important to us and your comments will help us to further improve our service and facilities.
I am sorry to hear of the frustration experienced with respect to your bungalow.
It is true that we have a different concept regarding our overwater bungalows as they are located on the edge of motus instead of along a pontoon. The reason for this is to preserve the natural environment of Moorea as well as encourage an authentic atmosphere through the property. The overwater bungalow is the same as presented in our photos, brochures and website.
We hope that you have brought home with you some beautiful memories of Moorea.

Reviewed 30 November 2016

We stayed here for 4 nights. It is beautiful place and location. Pools are a bit small, lagoon is wonderful to snorkel and paddle board in. But the customer service is lousy. I specifically became an Ambassador member for this trip because I was staying here, but it was pretty worthless if you ask me. Even as a Platinum Ambassador I was not recognized and no special treatment. Also, very expensive. Drinks average around 15-20 at the swim up bar. I would recommend happy hour from 4:30-5:30. If possible do a beach or overwater bungalow. Expect to love the location and environment but don't expect much in service and be ready to shell out a lot of money.

2  Thank Julia B

Dear Julia,
Ia Orana from Moorea!
Thank you for your comment and for your visit.
I am delighted to learn that you have enjoyed our Hotel.
It is with sadness that I read of some of your disappointments.
Due to its isolation French Polynesia remains an expensive destination but I assure you that in this environment the hotels on Moorea provide a very good quality for price compared to their competitors.
I hope that you have taken back with you some wonderful memories of our beautiful island.