3,811 results
All reviews crepe bar crepes overwater bungalow fish our honeymoon french polynesia plunge pool sharks swim paddle boats lilikoi breakfast buffet arii vahine panoramic view main restaurant lower deck atv tour black tip sharks
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Hilton Moorea lagoon resort was everything we every dreamed of for our honeymoon. We splurged on the over water bungalow unit #74 with a panoramic view of the lagoon for 5 days. It was an amazing experience! Waking up every morning to a beautiful calm lagoon and watching the fish and stingrays hangout around the bungalow. Having our own personal dock to tan on and jump off into the lagoon was so much fun. Our room was beautiful from the claw foot tub, amazing marble bathroom to the queen size bed and the open floor to see the fish under our bungalow. It felt super private and intimate for our honeymoon.

The food was great! Breakfast buffet every morning was full of options, the grill on the beach was great for sandwiches, pizza and pasta. The main restaurant at night is very high end and expensive but amazing quality food. Happy hour was great, they had buy one get one free. The crepe bar was amazing! We had a crepe every night it was so good.

The hotel has shuttles to go to other local restaurants around. We only learned of that our 3rd last night and went to check some out. Reservations with concierge ahead of time is recommended.

We also had a couples massage one day and it was so relaxing. The spa had a great atmosphere and the massage therapists were amazing and with their treatments. Loved that you could choose your own massage oil.

We did the Atv tour with the Hilton. It took us to the look out point of one of the mountains, to a local school for ice cream, a pineapple factory and along the two bays that the hotel sits in between. Great time out for a few hours to see a little bit of the island.

Nothing bad to say about this hotel, our experience and our amazing trip!
Contact the concierge for all your trip needs their super helpful.

1  Thank maryannec619
Rose R, Directeur général at Hilton Moorea Lagoon Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Ia orana dear Maryanne,

It has been a real pleasure for us to welcome you in our lovely resort and to offer you this gorgeous experience you describe in your comment!
It is always a real satisfaction to know that we did a good job to help you to have the best moment possible.

Don't hesitate to come back soon, you are home now!

Rose Richmond, General Manager

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

We booked 1 week at the Hilton Moorea and 1 week at the Conrad Bora Bora. We decided to go with the Garden Bungalow with plunge pool at the Hilton, and Overwater Villa at the Conrad on the back half of our Honeymoon. It was a nice way to experience both options!

Our bungalow at the Hilton was private and spacious. It was great - but - we probably would have splurged for the overwater villa at both locations in hindsight. Glad we tried it though!

Food was awesome, especially the Creperie (for dinner) and Breakfast Buffett. Staff was super friendly and the property was very well maintained. Kayaks, snorkel gear, and stand up paddle boards are all included amenities.

We loved Moorea and will definitely be back at the Hilton on our next trip!

Almost forgot - book the spa couples massage!! Spa is alright but the massage therapists were amazing!

1  Thank briansiningerword

Dear briansiningerword,

Thank you so much for your lovely and precise message. Be sure that every single team you quote in this comment has been warned that you had an excellent stay with us thanks to their hard work!

We are expecting for the pleasure to welcome you again,

Rose Richmond, General Manager

Reviewed 15 October 2018

When I planned our trip to FP I first wanted to go to both- Bora Bora and Moorea- however after reading mixed reviews on various properties in Moorea I decided to spend more days in Tahaa (and Raiatea) instead. In the end I booked one night at the Hilton in Moorea just to experience. When we got to the resort I could understand the mixed reviews. It feels somewhat outdated- the beach chairs, pool and especially the rooms. I couldn’t believe that we paid $1,300 a night in an over water bungalow (which is basically what you’d pay in Four Seasons or St Regis in Bora Bora). The bungalow was outdated, not well maintained (after I left shower I found water in the toilet area, after I washed my hands I saw water underneath the sink showing previous and current water stains on the tile) and with no privacy in the bathroom/toilet. It was definitely not worth staying there and for such price. The majority of the staff wasn’t even smiling or greeting in comparison to staff in Bora Bora. The island itself was really nice but in regards to the resorts, Moorea feels like a poor sister to Bora Bora.

Stayed: October 2018, travelled as a couple
Rose R, Directeur général at Hilton Moorea Lagoon Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 5 weeks ago

Ia Orana, Dear Pest04
First of all, we, my team and I, would like to thank you for your feedback, through reviews such as yours we are able to improve the maintenance of the property and the service that we provide to our guests. I understand that excuses won’t change the unfortunate experience you had, but I would like to apologize anyway on behalf of the entire staff. I’m truly disappointed that our hotel did not meet your expectations. I empathize regarding the issues you went through and will make sure it won’t happen again. We would like, once again, to offer our sincere apologies and I truly hope that you will allow us another opportunity to restore your faith in us by choosing to come back at the Hilton Moorea Lagoon Resort & Spa.

Reviewed 13 October 2018

I spent a week in an over-the-water bungalow at the Hilton Moorea, and it was pure luxury. After two weeks in what was effectively a cheap waterfront motel, the Hilton was amazing. The resort is expensive and the food is overpriced, but the room was wonderful, and I could go snorkeling directly from my deck. The included breakfast was an enormous buffet with everything you could imagine. (I don't know if the breakfast is included for everyone or just for me because of my length of stay and/or my booking of a premium bungalow.)

Hint: There's a hose behind the shack that hands out beach towels. That hose seems to be the only way to wash the sand off your feet before returning to your room from the beach. They're happy to let you use it, but it's not obvious and they don't advertise it.

• Stayed: October 2018, travelled solo
3  Thank daniel1948x

Ia Orana, Dear daniel1948x
First of all, I would like to thank you, for taking the time to share with us this review on TripAdvisor. And your feedback on our property is really important, and reviews such as yours are able to, and I certainly must, improve the service and the quality we provide to our guests. I am very happy you enjoyed your stay and I’m glad it did meet your expectation. It’s a pleasure to welcome you at the Hilton Moorea Lagoon Resort & Spa and am happy to have made you live this experience in our magical island. I appreciate the fact you liked your Overwater Bungalow and the snorkeling right off it and around, and the Breakfast at the Resort. I am looking forward to welcoming you again one day at the Hilton Moorea Lagoon Resort & Spa to share new memories!

Reviewed 12 October 2018 via mobile

We had a wonderful stay at the Hilton Mo’orea. The staff was great. The highlight was their clear blue water and the snorkeling right from our bungalow. Plenty of fish and coral to see. They do a good job to maintain the ecosystem. Bring water shoes as it can be shallow in some places. One negative was that some of the wooden planks on the boardwalk were loose so when a cart drives on it, it can make some noise. No major complaints though. Loved it!

Ia Orana, Dear Adam Y
First of all, I would like to thank you, for taking the time to share with us this review on TripAdvisor. And your feedback on our property is really important, and reviews such as yours are able to, and I certainly must, improve the service and the quality we provide to our guests. I am very happy you enjoyed your stay and I’m glad it did meet your expectation. It’s a pleasure to welcome you at the Hilton Moorea Lagoon Resort & Spa and am happy to have made you live this experience in our magical island. I appreciate the fact you liked your Overwater Bungalow and the snorkeling right off it and around, and the friendly and helpful staff. I am looking forward to welcoming you again one day at the Hilton Moorea Lagoon Resort & Spa to share new memories!