All reviews boston pizza dairy queen south end in house restaurant outdoor pool exercise room air conditioning off the highway west kelowna checkin tub
Reviewed 10 September 2017

After a long drive from the Coast, and a full day of business, I was extremely disappointed when I was finally ready to roll into bed to discover a huge tear in the bottom sheet of the bed! It's not like it was hidden at the foot of the bed, it was right there when I pulled the cover back. It was very late and I was very tired and I thought I would just tell them in the morning. Sleep would not come though. I kept waking as my mind raced away with all kinds of scenarios; the sheets hadn't been changed from the last overnighter, there were bugs in the bed, the pillow cases were unchanged. You name it. I ended up sleeping sitting up on a very uncomfortable tub shaped chair. In the morning, after having produced photos for the clerk on duty at the desk, my bill of $260 plus was reduced by $40. I won't be using a Holiday Inn chain facility again. Besides which, the toilet was at about the height for use by a child potty-training. I am an old lady who likes her comfort and whose knees don't bend well anymore. They should invest in 16" toilets for the adults that pay to stay in their hotel.

Room Tip: If you can get a room here using your travel points program, and you have no other choices, go forit. Otherwise, keep on travelling.
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn West Kelowna, responded to this reviewResponded 14 October 2017

Hi rosaliew504,

Thank you for your stay and for taking the time to share your experience with us. We regret to learn that you did not entirely enjoy your stay with us due to the issues you had with the condition of the bed in your room. Kindly note that we do not take your comments lightly. We will be sharing your feedback with our management to help us focus on improving the quality of our facilities and services.

We value you as our guest and hope you will give us another chance to welcome you back to Holiday Inn West Kelowna and look after your stay.

Kind Regards,

Christian C.

Reviewed 30 August 2017

Room was clean. Near lots of restaurants and stores. Nice place to stay if you want to get in and out of area quickly. If you want to be near downtown Kelowna and Kelowna beaches it is a good half hour away and even longer if there is traffic.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled solo
Orlando B, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn West Kelowna, responded to this reviewResponded 5 September 2017

Hello Sherry05011,

Thank you for your review. I am pleased to hear that you had a decent stay with us. We look forward to your next visit.

Warm regards,

Orlando Batitis
Operations Manager
Book Direct, Big Savings

Reviewed 12 August 2017

Me and my wife went for a little vacation for the long weekend.

We arrived and check in was good, friendly, efficient and quick.

Once we were in the room that was big, well accommodated with 2 very soft queen beds a fridge and a desk we realized that 1 lamp was missing a light bulb, also there were some Cheetos under 1 of the chairs from the previous stay.

by accident I dropped some water in front of the fridge and when I threw a towel to clean it. I went to pick the towel and surprise! it came black, like if I dropped it in muddy waters. After that we wore our sandals all the time.

The next day when I showered I noticed some hairs on the tub and I rinse them away with the showerhead.

My wife uses a microfiber cloth to clean her face and brings it all the time. She hanged the cloth in the door to dry and the housekeeper took it. Probably by mistake.

I called the front desk and they assured me that the cloth will be back as they were doing the laundry. That did not happen! I called 3 more times and on the last day before we left Brad said that the cloth was not found and proceed to imply that we were lying to them.

The next morning we left and even at the checkout, nothing was mentioned for the lost items.

I guess the people there don't follow their slogan "To make your stay right or not to pay for what is missing"

Room Tip: Second floor rooms after the pool are quiet
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn West Kelowna, responded to this reviewResponded 27 August 2017

Dear Carlos C,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your stay with us. We would like to apologize for the level of service you received from our staff and for being let down by the cleanliness of the room you were given. Reviews like yours are very valuable as they enable us to target areas we need to improve on. Rest assured your feedback will be forwarded to all concerned departments for evaluation. In addition, we have sent you a private message to obtain more information about your stay.

Joel A

Reviewed 11 August 2017 via mobile

The Holiday Inn West Kelowna is run down and our room was not clean. Based on the price paid for our room we were expecting a nice stay in West Kelowna but rather left disappointed. Our room had not appeared to be cleaned since the last guest other than fresh bedding and towels. The next morning our hung towels were taken and not replaced. The Keurig only had decaf coffee & tea. The attached restaurant was offering a breakfast buffet for $12.95 which would be a continental anywhere else. Will not be returning to this hotel.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn West Kelowna, responded to this reviewResponded 26 August 2017

Hello k_c_2808,

Thank you for staying with us and for leaving a review. It is regrettable that you were not able to fully enjoy your stay with us due to the condition of the hotel, the room cleanliness and the housekeeping services. Please accept our sincerest apologies for any inconvenience you have faced during your stay. Your comments are highly valuable to us and will assist us in our continuous efforts to maintain and improve the service level we aim for. Rest assured, your comments will be used for review and actions will be taken accordingly to ensure similar incidents could be avoided.

Best Regards,

John O

Reviewed 2 August 2017

Nice clean hotel for the most part. Front desk staff weren't overly friendly. Washrooms need some serious upgrades. Old shower heads, paint peeling in shower area and shower curtains smell pretty bad. You may want to fix the handle leading down to the pool (very loose and not stable) since this could be a hazard to children and seniors.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn West Kelowna, responded to this reviewResponded 17 August 2017

Hi louisemcintyre,

Thank you for posting a candid feedback from your recent stay with us. It is great to know that you were able to appreciate the cleanliness of our hotel. However, I was concerned to see that you were not impressed with our shower heads, bathroom paint, shower curtain smell, and pool handle. We always aim to provide an exceptional stay for all of our guests that is why I regret to see that you did not have a great experience. I would like to apologize for any inconvenience these issues may have caused you during your stay. Rest assured, your comments will be shared with our management team to properly address your concerns.

Again, thank you for the review and for staying with us. I hope that we would have another chance to accommodate you again in the future.

Regards,