All reviewsboston pizzadairy queensouth endin house restaurantoutdoor poolexercise roomair conditioningoff the highwaywestkelownacheckintub
Reviewed 2 August 2017

Nice clean hotel for the most part. Front desk staff weren't overly friendly. Washrooms need some serious upgrades. Old shower heads, paint peeling in shower area and shower curtains smell pretty bad. You may want to fix the handle leading down to the pool (very loose and not stable) since this could be a hazard to children and seniors.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn West Kelowna, responded to this reviewResponded 17 August 2017

Hi louisemcintyre,

Thank you for posting a candid feedback from your recent stay with us. It is great to know that you were able to appreciate the cleanliness of our hotel. However, I was concerned to see that you were not impressed with our shower heads, bathroom paint, shower curtain smell, and pool handle. We always aim to provide an exceptional stay for all of our guests that is why I regret to see that you did not have a great experience. I would like to apologize for any inconvenience these issues may have caused you during your stay. Rest assured, your comments will be shared with our management team to properly address your concerns.

Again, thank you for the review and for staying with us. I hope that we would have another chance to accommodate you again in the future.

Regards,

Mike F.
Case Manager
IHGService

Reviewed 16 July 2017

Travelling with a 3 year old grandchild is always fun but good hotel rooms and pools make them that much better. This HI provided both - clean bright room with excellent beds and a different type of pool as it was both indoor and out. Staff was great on check-in and when we left - no issues whatsoever. Thanks.

Room Tip: Stay on the second floor - which is the main level actually
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
Orlando B, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn West Kelowna, responded to this reviewResponded 18 July 2017

Hello emandernie,

Thank you for your review. I am pleased to hear that you and your grandchild had a enjoyed our indoor/outdoor swimming pool. I am also glad that your found our rooms clean and bright.

Reviewed 10 July 2017

Even with a reservation I waited a long time to check-in because there was only one person on the desk and many people walking up. This is a busy time of year in the Okanagan so I think it would be good to have at least another person on the front desk. Once I finally got served it was quick and pleasant. Loved the chilled water with strawberries as refreshment in the lobby.
The room was quiet, well maintained and had two sinks - always making it easier to get away in the morning. Nice pool.
I would like to be able to buy more coffee pods - guess I should start traveling with them. I find the "one coffee only" in a hotel with no breakfast bar doesn't quite get my day off right.
We were able to turn off the A/C and have a window open all night - and despite being able to see Hwy 97 out our window, it was quiet all night. this property is well situated.
I'll use this property again.

Room Tip: Facing west if you don't like morning sun in July
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
Orlando B, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn West Kelowna, responded to this reviewResponded 13 July 2017

Hello Speederchick,

Thank you for your review. I am sorry to hear that you had to wait at check-in and that you were only provided with one coffee pod which we are able to provide at the front desk. I am pleased however that you will consider returning to our property again. Please call upon myself to make your booking on your next stay in order for us to make your visit a smooth and pleasant one.

Reviewed 30 June 2017 via mobile

This is a nice Holiday Inn with a good breakfast, clean modern rooms, easy access, an elevator and easy parking. My only problem was that as my GPS guided me into the final approach it said the hotel was on the left whereas it was on the right. So take care as this comes as you are merging onto a highway!

We ate breakfast in their restaurant and it was good but didn't eat there at other times. We also went into the bar in the evening and found we were the only ones in there. The cocktails were somewhat uninspiring, so I'd stick to wine or beer next time.

If I am in West Kelowna again I will have no hesitation in choosing to stay at this Holiday Inn. I'll also suggest if you are a tourist that you visit the Mission Hill Family Winery, take a tour and eat lunch at their open restaurant overlooking the lake. We were really impressed by that visit.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
Orlando B, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn West Kelowna, responded to this reviewResponded 3 July 2017

Hello John S.,

Thank you for your review. I am very pleased to hear that you would stay with us once more upon your next visit. I will definitely share your comments especially with our Food and Beverage Team. I am sorry to hear that you had some difficulty getting to our hotel.

Reviewed 23 June 2017

This hotel is just off the highway and coming in from the Kelowna direction is tricky. The hotel is basic and clean, Holiday Inn standard. Check-in was efficient, but with only one person there it is a considerable wait for others standing in line. Our room was an upgrade to an in room jacuzzi, but it is something we would and did not use. The hotel has no restaurant amenities, but the restaurant next door caters to hotel guests. There is also a Boston Pizza.. Would we stay again? Perhaps if the room rate is right, the reason why we booked it in the first place. We would be looking for something closer to downtown Kelowna though.

Room Tip: Away from the highway and gas station and at the back!
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
Orlando B, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn West Kelowna, responded to this reviewResponded 24 June 2017

Hello Ildekker,

Thank you for your review. I am pleased to hear that you found our hotel clean. The restaurant attached is hotel run. I am also glad that you were upgraded to one of our King Executive rooms.