All reviews boston pizza south end in house restaurant outdoor pool exercise room air conditioning off the highway west kelowna checkin tub
Reviewed 10 July 2017

Even with a reservation I waited a long time to check-in because there was only one person on the desk and many people walking up. This is a busy time of year in the Okanagan so I think it would be good to have at least another person on the front desk. Once I finally got served it was quick and pleasant. Loved the chilled water with strawberries as refreshment in the lobby.
The room was quiet, well maintained and had two sinks - always making it easier to get away in the morning. Nice pool.
I would like to be able to buy more coffee pods - guess I should start traveling with them. I find the "one coffee only" in a hotel with no breakfast bar doesn't quite get my day off right.
We were able to turn off the A/C and have a window open all night - and despite being able to see Hwy 97 out our window, it was quiet all night. this property is well situated.
I'll use this property again.

Room Tip: Facing west if you don't like morning sun in July
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
Orlando B, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn West Kelowna, responded to this reviewResponded 13 July 2017

Hello Speederchick,

Thank you for your review. I am sorry to hear that you had to wait at check-in and that you were only provided with one coffee pod which we are able to provide at the front desk. I am pleased however that you will consider returning to our property again. Please call upon myself to make your booking on your next stay in order for us to make your visit a smooth and pleasant one.

Reviewed 30 June 2017 via mobile

This is a nice Holiday Inn with a good breakfast, clean modern rooms, easy access, an elevator and easy parking. My only problem was that as my GPS guided me into the final approach it said the hotel was on the left whereas it was on the right. So take care as this comes as you are merging onto a highway!

We ate breakfast in their restaurant and it was good but didn't eat there at other times. We also went into the bar in the evening and found we were the only ones in there. The cocktails were somewhat uninspiring, so I'd stick to wine or beer next time.

If I am in West Kelowna again I will have no hesitation in choosing to stay at this Holiday Inn. I'll also suggest if you are a tourist that you visit the Mission Hill Family Winery, take a tour and eat lunch at their open restaurant overlooking the lake. We were really impressed by that visit.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
Orlando B, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn West Kelowna, responded to this reviewResponded 3 July 2017

Hello John S.,

Thank you for your review. I am very pleased to hear that you would stay with us once more upon your next visit. I will definitely share your comments especially with our Food and Beverage Team. I am sorry to hear that you had some difficulty getting to our hotel.

Reviewed 23 June 2017

This hotel is just off the highway and coming in from the Kelowna direction is tricky. The hotel is basic and clean, Holiday Inn standard. Check-in was efficient, but with only one person there it is a considerable wait for others standing in line. Our room was an upgrade to an in room jacuzzi, but it is something we would and did not use. The hotel has no restaurant amenities, but the restaurant next door caters to hotel guests. There is also a Boston Pizza.. Would we stay again? Perhaps if the room rate is right, the reason why we booked it in the first place. We would be looking for something closer to downtown Kelowna though.

Room Tip: Away from the highway and gas station and at the back!
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
Orlando B, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn West Kelowna, responded to this reviewResponded 24 June 2017

Hello Ildekker,

Thank you for your review. I am pleased to hear that you found our hotel clean. The restaurant attached is hotel run. I am also glad that you were upgraded to one of our King Executive rooms.

Reviewed 16 May 2017

My reservation confirmation was one rate for my room per night but I was charged a higher rate. I pointed this out upon check-in. I was assured it would be taken care of. I was then overcharged....I think...for 2 cocktails I had billed to my room from a function I had attended. I believe this may have been an honest overcharge. I had ordered a 3rd drink but it never arrived. I don't think a basic drink was over $12.00 per drink. But had I checked my billing before I left, I could have straightened it out at the time. So I take some responsibility. But my ride was waiting and I just grabbed the receipt and ran. Check carefully and don't make the mistake I did.

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled with friends
Orlando B, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn West Kelowna, responded to this reviewResponded 17 May 2017

Hello,

Thank you for your review. I had looked up the rate that was charged to you and it was a negotiated rate that was honoured for you and your group. I am sorry that your third drink never made it to you and I apologize for that.

We look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed 16 May 2017 via mobile

Stayed as part of a sports team. 12 or so rooms. Nice property. Large rooms with two beds. Outdoor pool. Close to amenities. In house restaurant. Large banquet room. We preordered pasta and salad dinner for 50. Good service and food. Only issue was checkin. Wasn't smooth and some confusion about rooms. I've had much better group check in at other properties.

Stayed: May 2017, travelled on business

Hello Neil,

Thank you for your review. I am pleased to hear that you had a good stay with us and enjoyed the food and service. I am sorry to hear that you found the check-in process not as smooth as it should have been and confusing. We wanted to ensure that the correct number of rooms were being billed to you as we had recognized that some rooms were not supposed to be part of the players' group and also to ensure that the check-out process would be seamless.

We look forward to hosting you and your team again.