All reviews horse riding spa treatments fresh air czech republic beautiful nature end of the day relaxing weekend leave your car shuttle bus wellness area yoga retreat plus point other countries horses forest sports jacuzzi
Reviewed 8 August 2018

Very quiet and peacefull place, no TV and traffic, with many possibilities for activities. Very good massages and food in the restaurant complement the experience. The only shortcoming is the lack of communication in the English language

Room tip: because no clima in rooms, rooms at north is better for summer
Date of stay: August 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 May 2018

I was dreaming to go to Yoga retreat for ages now. Unfortunately not whole family share my passion and I would not abandon my family for weeks flying over to Bali, India or other exotic destination for workshops. When I found place that by luck based in the same country with me and have weekend Yoga detox program I was very happy. To be honest I have not been so excited going for holidays for a long time.
Getting there & location
Place is based in a middle of nowhere. Just to explain, 120 km away from Prague towards Berno is by definition ‘middle of nowhere’ for Czech Republic. It's completely isolated from traffic noise, airplane noise, people crowds and all tourist attractions (thank you for that). More to that, hotel is completely car free, you are not allowed to drive to the resort (thank you for that too). You need to park in a tiny town nearby and shuttle bus will pick you up and bring you to resort.
Resort is in the middle of woods (best visited in summer or spring), have 2 fresh water springs (drink from the tap), loads of ponds and beautiful places/corners to just sit and enjoy nature.
Accommodation
Very basic, nearly ascetic, equivalent to 3 star accommodation. Basic fitting, clean bathroom & bad linen, no luxuries. However, you are not here to spend time in the room and you will be so tired by the end of the day so you just would like a clean bed to sleep in. There are 3 buildings with different room types based short walk from each other (2 buildings allow dogs, who seem to be influenced by location and fresh air and feel so relaxed at the property, that nicely usually fall asleep near their owner  ) Rooms have bathrobes, some cosmetics, sleepers and all basic staff you need.
Oh lord, you can find good food in Czech Republic. Thank you chef from Kerala, India! Menu is exceptional. I was on a special detox weekend program so got ajurvedic vegan meals every day and it was almost like I’m back in India. Food is fantastic that offered part of the program. However looking at food from neighboring table (standard menu), I really would love to try everything (they have all types of food not only ajurvedic vegan). Huge selection of fresh juices, teas and even aged port.
Program (Yoga Detox Weekend)
Upon arrival you receive you program for the weekend with all scheduled times and location where training will take place. If you want additional treatment need to book them in advance and reception will incorporate it in your program. I had 2 lectures as well on diet & ajurvedic cleansing procedure (one was in English, for another in Czech hotel have sent translator). Training material is provided in English.
And yes, there are yoga teachers all the way from India, Kerala to deliver experience from first hand. Note, this is not gym yoga, so do not expect to get exercise similar from standard fitness/or video lessons. Yes, yoga in India is different and yes, what we get in a gym is commercial business money making routine. Resmi, thank you so much for all time spent on my inflexible body (Vipin thank you I know you are learning, watch out for your wife she is excelling at the moment in teaching, but I’m sure she will share some hints with you ;-) . My only recommendation would be to build yoga program specifically for weekend 5 hour program, so that people with basic skills (or none) got introduced to variety of elements, program needs to flow a bit better. In addition would recommend to put signs in English around hotel, sometime very hard to find place/location.
SPA
Really not much to say. Go on the website and read. There are so many procedures to try. Massages, wraps, facials, everything you want. There are Czech and Indian masseurs specializing in Ajurvedic massages and treatments.
Most of the staff speak basic English. It was sufficient level to order food in the restaurant, ask for directions etc
If you going I would recommend to choose packages where sport activities, diet, accommodation and spa treatments are included, then you would really enjoy full experience. There are so many things to try: pilates weekend, ajurvedic rejuvenation etc. By the way there is few steps away new ajurvedic center build, so I’m really going to be a regular visitor.
Similar retreats in other countries cost hundreds/thousands and I know maybe it’s not award winning accommodation and without star yoga teacher from Hollywood, but this is place where you can relax and really find your balance in such a short term and for such affordable price.

Date of stay: May 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 30 April 2018 via mobile

This place is awesome for relaxation. It's secluded in the middle of the forest, but it offers so many activities, that you will never get bored. During our two day stay, we enjoyed everything from manicure, pedicure, massages, jacuzzi, fine dining and walking around the estate. The place also offers various yoga classes and horse back racing, and they are currently building specialised yoga retreat building. What I enjoyed the most was eating in the restaurant because the menu was overflowing with fresh and healthy meals, and I was really struggling to choose something. Only because I wanted to taste more than half of the menu! Doesn't happen to me that often.
It is also important to say that about 90% of guests were women. That means, our stay was really nice, quiet and without any disturbances, as there were no kids or almost no guys. There should be more of such places. The guys here are doing really great job.

Date of stay: April 2018
Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 11 April 2018

The resort is located out of the village so you have to leave your car on the car park and the shuttle will bring you there. The resort is big, divided in several buildings, with woods and really nicely polished surroundings. We stayed in one of the side buildings, which was 4 min walk from the main building (where rooms, restaurant, wellness and also massages were located).
The room were nice, clean with big window to the wood = plus point!
The restaurant was serving lunch menu as well as the "á la carte" meals. This was bit of a disappointment as the meals were not as delicious as expected - all the pasta were with creamy sauce, so were the salads so I was missing for more "fresh"/light versions of meals.
The wellness is generally nice - whirlpool, saunas, steam room - already included in the price.
The massage (I went for Ayurveda massage) was rather expensive (cca 1200Kč/hr) but was ok.

The highlight was the horse riding (they have stables with cca 6 horses) and you can go for a ride - it was really beautiful, horses were used to not that skilled riders so I would definitely do that again.

Generally the whole place tries to persuade you that this is the place where you have to relax, but unfortunately I was unable to do so...it did not felt that natural there.

Date of stay: March 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 10 April 2018

We stayed in this resort for Easter break with my family last March 2018 and had a great time. Its calm, peaceful and charming place where you we fully enjoy long walks in wonderful forests, horse ride, SPA and yoga lessons. The restaurant is absolute delight (you must try their celery rissoto with prawns, such a treat!). Moreover, we`ve been traveling with our baby and the staff was just so helpful with all our petitions. The unique issue I can appeal would be to add dark curtains in the rooms for better night rest. Anyway, the experience was so positive that we will return for sure!

Thank you for wonderful stay! Hope to see you soon,

Date of stay: March 2018