“A good fish choice”

Avli
Ranked #2 of 18 Restaurants in Agia Anna
Price range: US$10 - US$46
Reviewed 6 June 2017

This place advertises fresh fish daily. When we stopped at lunchtime for a glass of wine the young waiter assured us it was local and that his Dad was the fisherman so we booked a table for dinner. At dinner we were invited out to the kitchen to select our fish - that evening there was sea bass, sea bream and dentex (not a fish we knew). We had the bass and bream. The fish and its accompaniments were delicious and Dad had taken great care to cook them to perfection. Wild fish is not a cheap option at €50/kg but worth the money. Surprisingly farmed fish is very much available at a much lower price so do make sure you are getting the real thing. The house wine was good.

1  Thank Margaret - Bria... B

Reviewed 30 May 2017 via mobile

I ate lunch here after swimming at the beach. Food always tastes good after swimming! But this was especially good. The star was the Naxian salad - like the Greek salad you get everywhere, but with soft, tangy local cheese, local bread at the bottom, and fresh herbs. I also had a pork souvlaki with some French fries. The fries were a bit meh, but everything else was perfect.

One thing - they are right next to another taverna. Both have sunbeds, but the ones next door are nicer. I accidentally sat at the next door taverna's sunbeds for about two hours and never realized my mistake until the end because they never brought me a menu or anything. It's early in the season though - I probably wouldn't have gotten away with it in August!

Reviewed 29 May 2017 via mobile

Amazing food, reasonably priced with great service. It is a family run place and they are passionate about running a great restaurant

Reviewed 28 May 2017 via mobile

Read the reviews and headed here for lunch today. So incredibly good, best seafood I have ever eaten. Do not leave Naxos without eating here

Reviewed 26 May 2017

We had fun here. It is the last restaurant on the northwest end of the beach at Agia Anna. We were interested in fresh fish. We were invited to the kitchen to choose our fish. There were two items on offer - both very fresh. Sea bass and Dorada (Sea Breem - tsipoúra). I chose a large Dorada as my spouse and I were sharing. They served it with a large plate of delicious lightly fried potatoes. The fish itself was on a bed of lettuce with tomatoe and onion as garnish. My experience so far with Greek vegetables is excellent. Very fresh and very tasty. We had the tomato eggplant appetizer which was delicious. The barrel wine was fine. The furnishings were simple and comfortable. The proprietor gave us a complimentary 1/2 litre of wine just as we finished our litre. If you want good food in a simple, relaxed atmosphere, you will enjoy this.