All reviews the river afternoon tea the penthouse river view room beautiful hotel petersham meadows small balcony service charge richmond park fabulous views set menu comfortable rooms car park special occasion single room sunday lunch poached eggs
Reviewed 7 December 2016

Stayed for 2 nights and slept really well, bed very comfortable. Service and food very good. The location is great with a stunning view from the restaurant. You can easily walk into town within 10 mins and it's a beautiful stroll if you walk next to the river. The road is quite busy for walking, but not an issue. Access to the river is easy, as there is a pelican crossing at the end of Nightingale Lane.
Really relaxing location, but easy access to London. Caught the tube in Richmond, but you can also get the train. Nice to come away from London and relax in this lovely hotel.

• Stayed: December 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 December 2016 via mobile

This was our first visit following a recommendation. The location is excellent although we struggled to find a parking space as the car park is small and was full.

We were welcomed and quickly shown to our table. We ordered Cornish crab lasagne as our starter which was well presented and delicious.

However we were aghast when, for the second course, we were served Brechin beef which was absolutely stone cold!!! So cold in fact that we think it had been frozen, just thawed and not reheated which is absolutely unacceptable!!

We were not at all happy and sent it back. Our waiter apologised and offered a glass of wine.

This incident put a real dampener on our experience. We were very disappointed and think that a 4 star hotel should not make such a bad error!

Stayed: December 2016, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Nikitriaone
Reviewed 21 November 2016

On the arrival the hotel from the outside is simply stunning with breathtaking views of the river from the bar area. Parking is a problem but that probably wasn't helped by he fact England were playing at Twickers that day so the hotel was probably fully booked. Our room was small but well appointed. Décor was 'old fashioned' and maybe a little bit 'chintzy' but it was fine. The strangest thing was the bar area - there wasn't really one - more of a selection of individual rooms in which you could sit and be waited upon. Service was efficient although it could have been more friendly to be honest, especially at breakfast. Breakfast was very good with plenty of choice although it was very busy and many people had to wait for a table

Room Tip: Try to get a river view
  • Stayed: November 2016, travelled with friends
1  Thank Peter T
Reviewed 20 November 2016

The view from the restaurant is beautiful. Friendly service but the food was disappointing. We took a friend for Sunday lunch. The presentation of the main course was awful, the pieces of meat were so large and looked uncouth on the plate. It made the food look unappetising. All three courses did not live up to our expectations. What a shame as the venue is lovely.

Stayed: November 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed 9 November 2016

Having driven around the N.Circular and the road networks surrounding Richmond it was refreshing to arrive at the Petersham. One was initially impressed by the imposing building and the relatively large car park stretching out in front of the hotel. Luckily, I found a space in the middle of the afternoon, but soon realised that there were more cars than the car park could normally cope with. However, the very friendly and efficient concierge staff were obviously well used to squeezing the maximum number of cars into their car park. In the two days I was there it did work remarkably well, together with the added bonus of being free (I had earlier found out that similar hotels in the area were charging £8/day car park fee). The reception staff were equally charming and courteous in their welcome and I immediately felt that I was going to like this place ! Had booked a single room for £108, which considering the locality I thought was amazing. The room was very quiet, clean and modern, including exceptionally comfy bed, multichannel TV, tea & coffee-making facilities together with room safe. The bath/shower room had complementary toiletries and the fluffiest large towels I’ve ever had in a hotel. Breakfast the following morning didn’t start till 8am (week-end), so only had time for a quick continental (£11), before attending a meeting at 9am. Very attentive staff serving breakfast in delightful room with views overlooking the river Thames. My course finished at 1pm and the concierge staff were eager to know the outcome of my meeting. They advised me there was no problem in leaving my car in the car park for the morning, even though I had checked out at 8.30am. Before leaving for home I ordered a coffee and biscuits which arrived extremely promptly, and was very welcome before my arduous drive back on the A406. This hotel in one word – Delightful.

Room Tip: Rooms with a view overlooking river Thames would be spectacular
  • Stayed: November 2016, travelled on business