“Not bad but not great”
Review of The Sunfold

The Sunfold
The Sunfold
Reviewed 30 July 2017 via mobile

You pay for the location not the room Over priced for what it is . Ironically 'no smoking' although when you walk in you get a hit of must & old Tobacco. However staff were friendly and welcoming.But the bed sheets were dirty and bathroom dirty also. It's unfortunate as with a bit of TLC could be quite something.Not bad for a 1 night stay,wouldn't stay longer than that though

Stayed: June 2017, travelled with friends
lucywestonsupermare, Owner at The Sunfold, responded to this reviewResponded 25 October 2017

considering it was not bad for a 1 night stay , i would not stay anywhere where the sheets were dirty and bathroom. this is just not true

Reviewed 27 July 2017 via mobile

Stayed here for 3 nights and booked via booking.com as it was within our budget. Once we arrived we were surprised when the parking for 4 cars as stated was actually just a driveway that could hold 3 small cars at a push. Eventually found a space on one of the side roads, rang the door bell to be let in. A lady opened the door and immediately we could smell stale cigarettes and noticed how dark and dated the "lobby" area was. The lady even had to switch on a desk lamp so I could see to fill in the booking form.
She made no attempt at introducing herself or welcoming us it was simply "fill this in. Are you paying by card or cash?" She quickly left to get the card machine then mumbled a I'll show you to your room.
We were informed breakfast was between 8.45 and 9.30 which was fine with us. Then she left.
The room was smaller than we were used to. The bathroom was nothing more than a homemade wardrobe with a sliding door that kept coming away at the bottom. The shower was tiny with a number of cracked tiles. The water had to be run for at least 10 minutes to get any hot water. The room was really hot especially at night with only a small desk fan to help cool us down.
When booking I informed them that my husband was lactose intolerant and that I was vegetarian. So at breakfast I was surprised that there had been no milk alternative such as soya milk or butter replacement at all offered. When I asked for a vegetarian breakfast I was told that I could have a vegetarian sausage if they had one!!!!
The breakfast was nothing special at all tinned fruit, cereals of some sort in tubberware containers. For a change we asked for scrambled eggs on toast only to find it had been cooked in the microwave and contained shell!!!
The only redeeming feature of this hotel is the distance to the town center and the beach.
Would not stay again.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 July 2017 via mobile

It was fine very basic. But it was a stop gap back home. Didn't realise there was a bar below. The room was clean and tidy just very warm. Parking was fine. It's fine for a few nights. Friendly people

Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 May 2017 via mobile

What a hell hole! I checked us into this hovel for the scooter rally weekend and didn't bother staying. The hotel needs a damn good clean, and the owners need urgent training in basic hygiene.

First issue. Stained bedding, stained mattress, no mattress topper and a tiny bed, it wasn't a double, it wasn't even a queen, it was an oversized single.. there was no way I was sleeping on other peoples sweat stained pillows, sheets and mattress.

Then we have the pathetic, dark, mouldy bathroom and total lack of ironing facilities in the room. If you want use of an iron you have to do it in the communal lounge.

Mis-sold, dirty, unhygienic hell hole.. just wrong, on so many levels. The place is a health hazard.

Avoid!

Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 November 2016 via mobile

I booked this place as it seemed just perfect for what I wanted I needed 4 rooms which they had this ment my family could meet up there .
When one family member read the small print we was shocked to find it wasn't so family friendly we phoned up to see if they was flexible and except a child under 5 they said they don't have high chairs we said that's fine he has a portable one then was told they didn't have cots we said we have a travel cot they then said the place isn't suitable for that age group .
Neadless to say we all had to cancel the rooms .

Stayed: November 2016, travelled with family