“A night away”
Review of The Sunfold

The Sunfold
The Sunfold
Reviewed 3 July 2017 via mobile

It was fine very basic. But it was a stop gap back home. Didn't realise there was a bar below. The room was clean and tidy just very warm. Parking was fine. It's fine for a few nights. Friendly people

Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 1 May 2017 via mobile

What a hell hole! I checked us into this hovel for the scooter rally weekend and didn't bother staying. The hotel needs a damn good clean, and the owners need urgent training in basic hygiene.

First issue. Stained bedding, stained mattress, no mattress topper and a tiny bed, it wasn't a double, it wasn't even a queen, it was an oversized single.. there was no way I was sleeping on other peoples sweat stained pillows, sheets and mattress.

Then we have the pathetic, dark, mouldy bathroom and total lack of ironing facilities in the room. If you want use of an iron you have to do it in the communal lounge.

Mis-sold, dirty, unhygienic hell hole.. just wrong, on so many levels. The place is a health hazard.

Avoid!

Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 November 2016 via mobile

I booked this place as it seemed just perfect for what I wanted I needed 4 rooms which they had this ment my family could meet up there .
When one family member read the small print we was shocked to find it wasn't so family friendly we phoned up to see if they was flexible and except a child under 5 they said they don't have high chairs we said that's fine he has a portable one then was told they didn't have cots we said we have a travel cot they then said the place isn't suitable for that age group .
Neadless to say we all had to cancel the rooms .

Stayed: November 2016, travelled with family
2  Thank Linda M
Reviewed 1 November 2016 via mobile

Outstanding, the staff are so friendly we felt like we had known them for years. Even though our balcony seaside view room was on the top floor I wasn't complaining, what a beautiful view.
We were very pleased with the breakfast it was scrumptious, our room was just what we wanted with a TV and a double bed. We are definitely hoping to visit again when we earn more money to go again. Brilliant place to stay you won't be dissapointed, really made our weekend away special thank you very much to the owners,
from Josh and hannah

Stayed: May 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 October 2016 via mobile

The owner (lady) wasn't welcoming at all, as soon as we paid she basically shoved us off to our room. There was no room at all in the bathroom, literally it was 2ft wide. The bed was very uncomfortable and I've come home to about 12 bug bites.. absolutely awful! Wouldn't recommend this place to anyone! And as for the breakfast, as I'm a vegetarian (offered on the menu) I asked for vegetarian sausages (surprised to find that they had none) the owner went into the kitchen and basically ordered me eggs which had the consistency of rubber, beans which were tepid at the most and three 'sautéed' potatoes. Also in the middle of breakfast (which is right next to the kitchen, closed off by a door) the owner and her husband were arguing about cooking the food, raising their voices and swearing with no consideration for any guests! I thought that £152 for the two nights was a very reasonable price until I saw what we were staying in. Hopefully I never have to experience anything like this again! So disappointed with our stay!

Stayed: October 2016, travelled as a couple