See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 25 August 2018

Absolutely terrible. Dirty, carpet looked like it had been there for 50 years, peeling wallpaper, thick dust, mould around the windows, remote control broken, stained mat, shower curtain stained, bed hard. Music so loud from the bar downstairs until very late, so couldn’t sleep. Felt like asking for my money back, but just wanted to leave. What an absolute waist of money.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 15 August 2018

Where to start?? As soon as we pulled up we realised that this is not a nice family pub, but a run down hang out for the locals. A staff member showed us to our family room, which was throught the pub up the narrow stairs. We had just paid £5 for parking infront of the pub, would have been nice to know there is free parking at the back. The family bungalow had 8 beds inside, looked like a youth hostel or suitable for a big Asian family. There were 4 rooms, one of which we could not enter as the door only opened a bit and then was blocked, what was behind it - we will never know. The bed lines seemed cleaned, however one bed distinctly smelled of urin. My husband and I slept in the double bed, and our teenage son in the adjacent room. In our room was a curtain which kind of covered the window, the place smelled of humidity and the walls were moldy in parts. The whole decor was very dated, nowhere to hang your clothes apart from hooks behind the doors, not that you wanted to unpack in this place. The bathroom was a disgrace, one panel of the shower cubicle was missing and just replaced with an ill-fitted curtain which was moldy and hang off the rail. In the cabinet above the sink was still a used razor from the last guests. I felt too disgusted to step into the shower. Please look at the pictures below to get an idea of how bad it was! As we were too tired to look for somewhere else, we decided to get a meal, a few drinks and then try to sleep. Sadly - no evening food available (on a Saturday at 7.30 pm!).
Our accommodation reminded me of US horror movie, I honestly put my suitcase against the door before going to bed. The TV worked which was a bonus, however I had to first disinfect the remote before using it. Very disappointed - £110 for this!

Room Tip: just don't go there!
  • Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 11 August 2018 via mobile

We arrived with young children, spent 5 minutes in the room and immediately left. It was dirty and it smelt. Sellotape has been used to try and patch up the peeling wall paper, tea stains were across the cabinets, inexplicably there was a microwave in there, the toilet was actually stained and the shower was mouldy. In the few minutes we were in there, a woman opened the door and asked if she could come in to use our plug socket. I have no idea if she was staff or a guest. I got my money back immediately and booked a premier inn. It was like a bedsit. Don’t be fooled by the pictures they put it, it’s nothing like they look. I’ve added my own. Disgusting.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 10 August 2018 via mobile

Avoid avoid avoid this place is a dump don’t waste your money. Very noisy, dirty, scruffy staff. Dirty bathroom. Sounds harsh but stayed in places that are cheap but still clean, this was not clean and not worth the little bit we paid for it.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed 21 July 2018 via mobile

I booked this in error in an emotional moment as needed a place for one night while we were to scatter my dads ashes in a Cornwall beauty spot with my mum. I got confused in location as said near wadebridge on the booking.com app, but it’s to far away. As it was a last min booking I didn’t have free cancellation. I pleaded with there good nature to waive the fee as need to book elsewhere but my plea was ignored and I am now having to pay £80 for a room I don’t need. Heartless people with no compassion.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family