All reviews sunday carvery pro shop trouser press lamb modern hotel first floor yorkshire pudding patio doors the ground floor underfloor heating cornish breakfast stunning location lovely room fish and chips eden project an evening meal cream tea
Reviewed 17 September 2018

Great friendly helpful staff including the young boys serving dinner.
Very clean basic rooms with quite a number on the ground floor which made it easy for me as I have walking difficulties.
We weren't there for golf but everyone I spoke to said the course was in great condition and the golf a challenge.
The food was of a decent standard but I would respectfully suggest that chef doesn't serve baked cod three nights running (even though I adore fish).
Overall a pleasant stay.
A special thank you to the staff who looked after me when I had a fall. They were magnificent.

Room tip: Most rooms have a view of the course
Date of stay: September 2018
1  Thank Stewart B
clarebond, Director at Lanhydrock Hotel and Golf Club, responded to this reviewResponded 6 December 2018

Thank you for commenting on your stay and we are glad that overall, despite your fall, Lanhydrock was a pleasant experience and that you enjoyed our warm welcome.

Please accept our apologies for the repetition on the fish option which I am sure could have been sorted if mentioned at the time!

We do hope that you are fully recovered and look forward to seeing you again soon.

Kind Regards,

Reviewed 13 September 2018 via mobile

Wow! What can I say! My new husband and I were incredibly lucky to have our wedding breakfast and evening do at Lanhydrock at the beginning of August. From the very first meeting, the staff were nothing but professional and accommodating to our requests and wishes. Nothing was too much trouble for them, with e-mails replied to promptly and meetings offered if necessary. I would not hesitate to recommend Lanhydrock for a special occasion - the food, venue and staff are all outstanding and made our special day just perfect! A special mention should be made to Andy and Beth who ensured that everything went smoothly both in the lead up to and on the day itself. The grounds have given us some very special pictures to help us remember our day! A big thank you, Lanhydrock, from the new Mr and Mrs Cocks!!

Date of stay: August 2018
2  Thank Jemma C

Belated thanks for your very kind feedback after your big day. It was a pleasure to have been included in your plans and we do hope that you will keep in touch and revisit as many of our happy couples do.

We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Best wishes from us all at Lanhydrock Hotel.

Reviewed 9 September 2018

This week I have stayed for the fifth time at the excellent Lanhydrock Hotel and Golf Club. Three times with a fellow Senior Citizen on a Cornish Golf holiday, and twice with my wife. Every one of those visits has been absolutely superb, and we will continue to return whenever we are in Cornwall.
From the moment you enter the Hotel you feel the warmth of welcome from all of the staff. Nothing is too much trouble, and it’s clear they value you as a Guest.
The accommodation is of a very high standard indeed! Spotlessly clean and with all of the amenities that you would look for. The bar is well stocked, and ideal for a friendly drink while watching the Golf or any other major sporting event on the large screen TV.
There is an opportunity to get bar snacks, OR enjoy the excellent restaurant where you can look over the 18th fairway and watch the sun go down.
But, if it’s the Golf that you have visited for, I cannot speak highly enough about the excellent condition of the course! It’s in FANTASTIC condition, and presents a challenge for players of all abilities! Worth mentioning here Alister and Lee in the Pro shop who went out of their way to provide advice and friendly banter! We needed a Buggy and thankfully that was reserved for us as well.
If you haven’t experienced Lanhydrock yet, I suggest you make plans to visit ASAP.
A SINCERE THANK YOU TO ALL THE STAFF FOR LOOKING AFTER US SO WELL.
Les Smith (Reading - Berkshire)

Unable to do ratings! Which would be EXCELLENT FOR EVERYTHING!

Room tip: A room overlooking the Golf course is fantastic!
Date of stay: September 2018
Trip type: Travelled with friends
clarebond, Director at Lanhydrock Hotel and Golf Club, responded to this reviewResponded 13 September 2018

Mr Smith, what can we say?
Thank you.
Once again it was a pleasure to be of service and why can’t all guests be like you?!
Alister and his team send their best wishes and of course look forward to welcoming you back very soon.
Warmest regards,

Reviewed 23 August 2018

We’re on a mini golf tour and one of the courses on our list was this one Lanhydrock. It was in superb condition and very green and lush. Clearly the green staff have worked very hard and have been successful in their endeavours.
IM

Date of stay: August 2018
1  Thank Ian M

Thank you Ian for your kind words. The team does indeed work hard, long days in all weathers and early starts.
Your positive feedback will make their toil all the more worthwhile.
I do hope that you will stay with us in the hotel for one of your future tours as we offer some great deals.
Thank you again.
Kind regards,

Reviewed 21 August 2018

We have previously stayed at the hotel on more than one occasion, and decided it would be good to go back for an evening meal the night we arrived in Cornwall. The bar was busy and noisy but the dining room was dead, with only us there for the first hour. Suddenly at 8.30 we were joined by a noisy group of 10 on a table right behind ours, and the contrast was enormous. Choices on the menu were rather limited but portions were enormous, probably designed for hungrybgolfers. My salad of smoked salmon and prawns came with no smoked salmon at all and it was ages before any member of staff came near us for me to report the problem. The view down the golf course is lovely, but we probably won't be rushing back as it was far from a relaxed atmosphere for us as non-golfers.

Date of stay: July 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to comment on your experience. I do hope that the error with your missing smoked salmon was rectified to your satisfaction. I am glad that the portions were seen as generous.
I am not sure if you preferred the busy bar or quiet Bistro Restaurant but larger tables are often noisy when enjoying themselves, something out of our control as I am sure you will appreciate.
We do hope to see you on another occasion.
Kind Regards,