“Hidden Gem ”
Review of Chestergate Bistro

Chestergate Bistro
Ranked #2 of 219 Restaurants in Macclesfield
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: We are a small, independent restaurant situated in Macclesfield, near town centre. Opened in 2009, Chestergate Bistro offers a modern British cuisine. High quality and fresh ingredients prepared each day by our chefs are the basis for each of Chestergate Bistro's creations. Friendly staff and stunning presentation keeps our customers returning. We take great pride in the quality of food we provide and have a reputation for delivering quality menu's at reasonable prices.
Reviewed 18 December 2016 via mobile

So last night we went to chestergate bistro for a pre Christmas meal, originally when I booked it was for 6 but ended up being just 2 of us but when we phoned to let them know, they were fantastic and we also gave our food choices a week prior to going as we knew it was going to be a very busy period with it being Christmas so all we had to choose was the wine.

Once seated at table 4 we was given the drinks list and also we was asked if they'd got our food order correct, which they had.

We was given a pre starter of bread and salted butter along with the wine we chose which comes in a modern silver ice bucket.

The starters came and I opted for the duck pate and my husband the pork belly cake with poached egg and both were really delicious.

Main course I opted for the turkey to feel festive and I was not disappointed and my husband opted for the lamb which had celeriac which was divine and we got a side of roast potatoes in with the set price and I was given cranberry in a small pot for mine but I'm not a cranberry lover so only tasted it.

Dessert I went for the creme brûlée which looked so good and tasted even better. One of my best creme brûlée I have tasted and it's the best one I've had in this country. My husband had the croissant bread and butter pudding which was topped with custard and berries and he really enjoyed that too.

For our 3 course meal off the Christmas menu and a bottle of white wine, it only came to £71.50 for us both. What a very great price for a 3 course meal with wine and the food is out of this world.

The only downside is if your disabled or hard of walking, the toilets are situated down stairs in the basement so could be potentially tricky for some.

Yet for me and my husband we have also enjoyed the dining experience at chestergate bistro and we will be back for sure in the new year.

Reviewed 16 December 2016 via mobile

Excellent place to eat, lovely venue will be back soon. Good choice of food and drinks. Easy to reach to from town and in a good location too.

Reviewed 15 December 2016

Was a little concerned that this was an 'haute cuisine ' style restaurant ....me being a more of a quantity rather than quality diner. However, our host could do nothing more for us, the food was delicious and the best testimony I can leave, is that I didn't need a kebab on the way home. Pate was excellent and the turkey was succulent and plentiful. Sauces tasty.

Reviewed 14 December 2016 via mobile

Visited here for a birthday meal,and definitely wasn't disappointed.
The food here is made with such a lovely degree of care and finesse plus the flavours are interesting and delicious.
Without a doubt, would return again here.
Wonderful food,wonderful restaurant.Thankyou.

Reviewed 5 December 2016 via mobile

A freezing cold day really warmed by well presented appetising food
The meal was of good portion ideal for a lunch, with the usual bistro choices.
The slight downside is the lack personal touches of interaction between staff and customers!
Hopefully the temperature and the atmosphere could be raised.
This is clean (5 hygiene rating) and only slightly above average priced for Macclesfied .
I've been before and friends have for a group party , in the evening and that was much the same standard!
Over all for a quiet lunch , I would go back again!
Hopefully it will have a tad more atmosphere!