“Usually good ”

Ranked #14 of 179 Restaurants in Bangor
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 23 January 2018 via mobile

I have visited a few times before and it was usually good. Visited with a partner and had told him how great the food is. The previous day I had purchased £60 worth of vouchers for family members. There was a set menu which featured garlic bread as a starter. As I normally purchase the delicious cheesy garlic bread, I assumed it would be no problem to add a bit of cheese to the bread. When i requested this, the waitress simply stated 'no'. I said i was willing to pay the extra and was told "no substitutions". I was disgusted that i would be spending almost £90 and i couldn't pay to have a bit of cheese on my bread! Disgusting. Will not be back.

Date of visit: September 2017
4  Thank GusHobso

Reviewed 22 January 2018 via mobile

This is the first time I have eaten in this establishment and unfortunately it will be the last.
Don’t get me wrong the staff were very pleasant but we were booked for 7 for 7.30 there was over 20 of us either they couldn’t cope with the numbers I don’t know but getting onto the food. The starters arrived about 8.15 I would of expected those out pretty sharp as all the food was preordered when the main meal arrived it was so late we were that hungry it was not enjoyable it was lukewarm, the sweet was about the only pleasant bit of the evening and that amount of people in a small room the place was like a hot house.
Sorry but that was my experience

Date of visit: January 2018
Reviewed 21 January 2018 via mobile

Came here on our weekly date night, plenty of tables so could just walk in. Service was quick and pleasant. Food was unreal. Highly recommend the chicken Tenby. Left feeling sick but that's just cause I didn't listen to my tummy when it said not to keep eating!!! Will definitely be back

Date of visit: January 2018
Reviewed 24 December 2017

Papa Joes USED to have the best pasta in the world. As a vegetarian the Smoked Applewood pasts bake was 10/10 AMAZINGGGGG! But you replaced it with a new pasta which is really basic and boring. I was so disappointed as it was my favourite meal ever! Change back please!!

Date of visit: December 2017
Reviewed 3 December 2017

Returned on Saturday night after a lengthy absence and experienced a lovely evening from start to finish at this restaurant. Had a lovely welcome on arrival by Ken and Andrew, and we were superby looked after all evening by our waiter Tim.
Starter, main course and dessert were all great. We had the garlic bread, bourbon chicken, beef enchilada and Mississippi mud pie dessert (yum) A great evening, great value for money. Restaurant is also very tastefully decorated for Christmas. Will be back soon!

Date of visit: December 2017