All reviews swimming pool golf course games room dining room putting green fourth floor table tennis traditional hotel sea view sand dunes course dinner year after year overlooking cardigan bay children's tea lovely hotel large family the hotel offers
Reviewed 18 September 2017 via mobile

Having made a last minute same day booking due to leaving our previously booked hotel in Montgomery after only one night of our four night booked stay as it was so awful I was apprehensive as this hotel was about an hours drive away from our daily destination in Mid Wales.

On arrival we received a warm welcome by friendly and professional staff. The hotel has all of the facilities that you would expect from a good hotel with pool and several lounges, a well stocked bar, an excellent restaurant with exceptional and friendly service and although this was our first visit we were made to feel at home alongside many who had obviously stayed before and return regularly. The hotel was full at the time but the professional and friendly staff ensure that all runs like clockwork.

Unfortunately and unexpectedly we had to leave the morning of our final nights stay and I fully expected to pay for the last night we had booked but much to my surprise and to the hotels credit they deducted this from our bill without my even mentioning this although I did query this on checking my bill but the manageress on the reception desk would not add the charge.

Not only can I highly recommend this hotel we have already booked again for several dates in the near future and very much look forward to returning and becoming 'one of the regulars'.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Harvey S
Reviewed 9 September 2017 via mobile

We have been visiting Trefeddian for around 15 years, since our children were small, and recently visited for a short break with our 6-month-old puppy (dogs are welcome; £10 per night).

The hotel is furnished to a high standard and rooms are comfortable. There are two large lounges with scenic sea views, a bar area and a small lounge where dogs are welcome (not allowed in the other lounges). All of the staff are very welcoming and professional; nothing is too much trouble.

Many families return year after year, as there are activities for all ages (swimming pool, tennis courts, putting, spa, games room etc) but it is also suitable for those who are less mobile - level access; lift etc.

The hotel is about a mile from the seaside town of Aberdovey, and 10 mins walk across the golf course and dunes to beautiful, uncrowded beaches. Within the local area there is plenty to do - especially narrow gauge railways such as the Talyllyn.

Tariff includes 5 course evening meal, where the food is excellent if not too adventurous - main courses always include a roast, a fish dish and something such as pheasant or venison, as well as a vegetarian option.

This is our favourite family hotel and we hope to go back for many years to come.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
3  Thank Heathermacc
Reviewed 8 September 2017

room wonderful, nothing too much trouble, will visit again and again. The food is fabulous, five courses in the evening and three in the breakfast. Nothing is too much trouble, porters unload and load for arrival and departure, Lots of staff, all attentive and wanting to please, soo lovely. Views wonderful but you felt cared for and whatever the problem they would solve. The shower was too high for my old legs and a step appeared, I could charge my scooter up during the night, couldn't fault this hotel, just wonderful, will visit again and again as most of their customers to.

Room Tip: book early to avoid disappointment, very popular
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled with friends
2  Thank BigGirtl
Reviewed 6 September 2017 via mobile

Our second visit to the wonderful Treffidian Hotel this year and enjoyed every minute. This is a hotel which centres on customer service excellent - every single member of staff is outstanding, nothing too much trouble to ensure guest satisfaction. We booked the superior 4 poster suite on the 4th floor- enormous and so comfortably equipped. Stunning sea view and Large balcony with chairs, great to sit on with coffee and watch the world go by. Large bathroom with bath and separate shower. Good quality toiletries provided. 5 course menu at dinner always good and I am a fussy eater! Well presented and very good choice. Great wine list with adequate selection of house wines but some excellent wines priced between £25 and £30. Bar prices reasonable for this standard of hotel and the lunchtime bar food is particularly recommended. My particular thanks to Danielle who looked after us so well in the restaurant. This hotel does have a large number of more senior guests, many of whom have been staying here for over 40 years. We love this hotel. Looking to see if we can squeeze in another break before Christmas - if not we will be back in the spring. The Treffidian is not cheap but for the quality of service, food, luxury and ambience I consider it worth every penny.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Shropshirelass56
Reviewed 4 September 2017

We visited the hotel for Sunday lunch over the bank holiday weekend, so can't comment on the rooms etc.
The dining room itself was lovely and the views from our window table were really nice, the service from all the girls in the restaurant was faultless, however the (french?) male waiter was very stern and abrupt, which made us feel slightly on edge! The food itself was nice, however the vegetables were rock solid and could have done with a bit more cooking, although perhaps that is just my personal taste.
All in all it was an enjoyable lunch, which started our afternoon in Aberdovey nicely.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple