“A random visit.”
Review of Tea at Hart

Tea at Hart
Ranked #32 of 230 Restaurants in Hartlepool
Price range: US$3 - US$13
Description: Tea At Hart is Hartlepool's first vintage tea room and gaming shop. We are open daily and offer customers a relaxed and welcoming environment in which to enjoy their food. Our breakfast menu includes deliciously generous bacon sandwiches, vegetarian and gluten free options. Lunches include home-made quiche, platters celebrating the finest local food, sandwiches and jacket potatoes. For the ultimate treat why not try our extremely popular Afternoon Tea - served daily between 1:30-4:30. We run a varied menu for games evenings. We offer gluten free, dairy free and vegan options too!
Reviewed 6 April 2018

Popped in as we needed a quick lunch and we don't know Harltepool at all.
Pleasantly surprised!
Plenty of choice and not too expensive, £10 for two of us.
Two good, tasty slices of cake and decent coffee.
My son would love all the games for sale.

Reviewed 27 February 2018 via mobile

During a stress filled week, the lunch here was I relief. Both my wife and myself found the friendly atmosphere, knowledge staff, excellent choice of food and drink all we needed. This place could not have ticked anymore excellent boxes even though I sure they would try. I had the ham and pickle sandwich, my wife the hummus and sun dried tomatoes. The choice of just the Earl Grey teas is amazing and well worth an adventurer into. Parking is available to the rear in a council parking with charges. If you like board/card games, they have a great selection to play or even buy. I just did not have time to play due to our hectic day. Maybe next time and I am sure there will be. Vegan, gluten and dairy free options are available, so no one misses out.

Reviewed 9 January 2018 via mobile

I haven’t been to Tea @ Hart for what feels like an eternity.

That said, it was as welcoming as ever, with their unique atmosphere that is ultimately very relaxed.

I had soup, cheese, bread and ginger cake all washed down with a cup of Yorkshire loose leaf tea... Ok, maybe I had two pieces of cake.

A very good return visit and I will be sure to come back again soon.

Jeni H, Owner at Tea at Hart, responded to this reviewResponded 10 January 2018

Welcome back Mike and thank you for your review!

We're glad that you enjoyed your visit and look forward to seeing you again soon.

Kind regards,

Jeni

Reviewed 12 November 2017

Like this place for a regular meet up with friends. Great for proper tea (no t-bags) and filtered coffee. Home bakes on premises and civilised surroundings.

Reviewed 13 September 2017

I went with my partner and his kids and they really liked being able to play games and eat! The food was nice, I would say that the cakes are better than the savory stuff. I'm coeliac and had no problems with cake and there were vegan options too. The cake portions were generous which is always a bonus and there were some really nice teas! We'll be back