“Great tour and lunch ”

Cuisines: Brew Pub
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 16 October 2018 via mobile

Visited cropton brewery for a tour and lunch. Have to say Jane who took us on the tour was rather funny and despite not originating from Yorkshire she sure is a rite Yorkshire lass now. The tour was interesting informative and more enjoyable than other tours we've done at other breweries. Lunch afterwards was lovely, a good two course selection gif tour customers, the suet crust steak pie was Delish, and ham with perfectly cooked eggs. One little niggle though was we chose to have three courses so ordered starters from the main menu, the creamy garlic mushrooms has got to be the smallest portion I've ever seen I was quite taken aback for almost £6, I had no more than 2-3 mushrooms chopped on two very tiny & thin pieces of crostini and where was the cream because I had no creamy sauce at all. Thankfully the rest of the meal redeemed itself and the bargain of the tour lunch and gift pack means in all it really was good value. Just felt that particular starter needed a mention incase something was amiss and it came out to me unfinished.

Date of visit: October 2018

Reviewed 5 October 2018 via mobile

Do pies get better than this? My mother (94) is the best pie maker in the world. Her comment....'delicious, perfectly seasoned, light and crispy crust.' Accompanied by good chips and fresh veg. As for the beer. Awesome. Tasting glasses ler you try each. And I did. Well worth a huge detour.

Date of visit: October 2018
Reviewed 25 September 2018

great place we tried it twice whilst on our hols
plenty of great food on the menu and some great beer to try would defo try again and recommend to anyone passing
also if the weather is fine or you have dogs (we do) it has a great beer garden

Date of visit: September 2018
Reviewed 2 August 2018

Took my partner here for his birthday.Food ,staff tour of distillery very,very good.
They must have heard me say happy birthday.When desserts came his had a lit candle in it. Made it special.

Date of visit: May 2018
Reviewed 25 June 2018

Stopped by for a bite of lunch on the way to walking the dogs. The pub is dog friendly but as the weather was good we sat in the garden. The staff were friendly and helpful, and the food and beer were good. The decor is a little tired but don't let that put you off.

Date of visit: June 2018