“Wonderful cake!”
Review of Lazy Sundae

Lazy Sundae
Ranked #1 of 4 Dessert in Pickering
Cuisines: British
Description: Cafe serving a wide range of drinks, including freshly ground coffee and speciality teas. Light lunches, snacks, home baked cakes and ice-cream. We pride ourselves on using local suppliers and producers.
Reviewed 13 August 2017

I dropped in one afternoon for tea and cake. The choice of delicious cakes was really good and I very much enjoyed the one I had. I had added clotted cream - but this turned out to be unnecessary as the cake was sufficiently moist. Service was prompt, courteous and pleasant. I enjoyed my visit and would strongly recommend it (particularly if you like good cake!)

1  Thank carolineleeds775

Reviewed 9 August 2017

What a delightful place to have a meal, or just a wonderfully delicious traditional cream tea.Beautiful warm sultana scones, light and fluffy. CLOTTED cream, (not plastic) with jam, presented beautifully. A pot of tea for two, lovely! Also a delectable selection of cakes and ice creams. Served by happy friendly staff. A refreshingly gorgeous place to dine. A shining eample of how an eatery should be managed.

1  Thank johndnewbold1950
Reviewed 7 August 2017 via mobile

My kids liked it, quotes below

"Good ice cream and cake. Ideal for kids."
"Cake has raised the bar and when the ice cream says UK champion it means it"

1  Thank Brendan S
Reviewed 31 July 2017

We were staying in Pickering and after walking around the weekly market in the high street we pooped into the Lazy Sundae for a morning coffee. It was excellent, very clean, pleasant and efficient staff, coffee very nice.

1  Thank Phill R
Reviewed 31 July 2017 via mobile

We stopped in Pickering on our way to Whitby, where we were staying for a few days.
A little bit peckish we decided to have a bite to eat. On entering we were greeted very pleasantly and told there was seating through the back and the menus in the table.
Good selection on menu and it was a tough decision but as we where eating latter we had a snack my husband chose the bacon sandwich, which when ordered he could add black pudding which he did and I had mozzarella and sundries tomato scones with chutney. Drinks tea and coffee.
The food was delicious my husbands bacon buttie was large, which pleased him immensely and my scones where delicious- clearly homemade. Service was excellent and the restaurant area was very clean. We worth a visit..

1  Thank KW1973