“Great food and staff”
Review of The Middleton Arms

The Middleton Arms
Ranked #6 of 68 Restaurants in Pickering
Description: Small, friendly, village pub in North Yorkshire. Serving home-cooked food and fine ales. Family and dog friendly.
Reviewed 18 June 2018 via mobile

Had a big group eat at the Middleton Arms the night before our wedding. Nothing was too much trouble for Andy and the other staff! They added little touches to make the night really special and were friendly and professional.

The menu was varied, the food was very tasty and very reasonably priced. Everyone was hugely impressed and it made for a great night.

We also went in April for a Sunday roast which was delicious.

Will definitely eat here whenever we are in the area and can't speak highly enough of the service we received.

Thanks Andy and all at The Middleton Arms!

Reviewed 13 June 2018 via mobile

Friday night, large family gathering catered for, 30 people. All had a 3 course meal. Fantastic food, fantastic service. Nothing was a problem for staff. Extremely helpful. Couldn't recommend highly enough. Will definitely be returning.

Reviewed 12 June 2018 via mobile

Great pub, marvellous food, went 5 nights on the trot. Tried something different each night and everything was great. Friendly local

Reviewed 29 May 2018 via mobile

Wendy the chef came over to our table to tell me of a new vegetarian dish she had made “Feta and butternut squash pie”
It was excellent well seasoned and very tasty. I was the first one to try it and I hope it becomes a regular on the menu, that’s what I call customer service.

My husband had the succulent lamb shank from a local butcher slow cooked in a beautiful gravy.

Good beers and even the landlord Andy is Ok ( tongue in cheek)

Reviewed 17 May 2018 via mobile

My husband and I had both had busy days and wanted a quick and tasty meal, which is just what we got at the Middleton Arms. I had the home made steak pie which was delicious, with lots of meat and a lovely pastry top. My husband had the pheasant casserole which he thoroughly enjoyed. The meals were accompanied by home made chips and a good selection of vegetables. We didn't have room for puddings but next time we visit we definitely will! The landlord and the lady chef were very friendly and all in all it was a very pleasant, if quick, visit and shall be going back soon with our friends.

1  Thank cillah132