“Cool pub and good food”

Nicky Tams Bar & Bothy
Ranked #22 of 246 Restaurants in Stirling
Price range: US$1 - US$13
Cuisines: Scottish
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Traditional Scottish Pub sometimes referred to as Stirling's hidden gem. Built in the early 1700 Nicky-Tams Bar & Bothy is steeped in history. The bar was once a bank and converted to a pub in 1718 by the Weavers Incorporation. Nicky-Tams is now a popular venue for Live Music,Quiz Nights and serves some fine Scottish Foods daily. All homemade food. Freshly baked bread and tasty homebaking. Filled with great atmosphere serving cold beers, lagers,selection of Fine Wines and spirits. Enjoy the buzz of the bar or simply chill out in our upstairs lounge area for a great day or night out.
Reviewed 8 July 2018 via mobile

I decided to stop there on my way down from Stirling Castle, looking for something to eat and a good pint.

The waiters were super friendly. They recommended me a local beer, which I really liked, and the haggis pannini I ate was simply delicious. Will definitely go back if I'm ever in the area.

1  Thank Joaquin B

Reviewed 7 July 2018 via mobile

We popped in to have a small bite and a beer after visiting the castle. A very fun young lady spoke brilliant German with us. We liked the burgers (classic beef and a "Highland" burger) and enjoyed some recommended drinks. Very nice atmosphere, what a good find!

1  Thank Frauke J
Reviewed 2 July 2018

I visited Nicky Tams three times whilst in Stirling for the weekend.

It is a very traditional pub; indeed, I used to go there when I was a student at the local University many moons ago.

Not much had changed; the beer was good, as was, generally, the Service.

It seemed to attract a fair number of tourists as well as a hard core of locals, so it must be doing something right!

1  Thank Stuart K
Reviewed 1 July 2018

Enjoyed a pint and some nachos downstairs. This is a quaint bar with friendly staff. Make sure you stop you in for a pint!

Reviewed 21 June 2018 via mobile

Hang out like a local with the locals!! Great pub food in an authentic Scottish Pub. Don’t let the locals who will inevitably give you a once look over scare you away. Worth a stop for lunch or a pint.

1  Thank brenfroe