“Excellent service, great food”
Review of King William IV

King William IV
Ranked #8 of 66 Restaurants in West Drayton
Cuisines: Thai, Pub
Reviewed 23 May 2018 via mobile

Popped in for a quick beer and stayed for 6, landlord and patrons were very welcoming and I had a great time chatting and drinking.
I brought a burger and chips to take away and it was excellent.
Definitely worth a visit if staying local.

1  Thank Scuba2013

Reviewed 21 May 2018 via mobile

Visited this lovely pub whilst staying at the holiday inn 10minutes walk from hotel we both had mixed meat Thai green curry for mains and shared mixed plater for starter cost was£ 27 excellent value for money it was hot and delicious they sold real ales and lagers for less than £ 4 a pint which is good for the London area.Finally I must say the landlord was a friendly and charming host we really enjoyed our evening there

1  Thank John M
Reviewed 29 April 2018 via mobile

Had a family reunion here and were treated superbly. Some of us ate off the Thai menu and the food was well presented and extremely tasty and the rest of us just enjoyed a good drink. We will definitely return simply because of the way we were looked after.

3  Thank IanWD
Reviewed 12 April 2018

I had a friend who was staying overnight at Heathrow for an early morning flight, so some of us got together for a meal and a chance to watch the football. We attended this pub on the basis that it could accommodate both food and football.

It is quite a cosy pub, with low ceilings displaying possibly 17th Century wooden beams. The bar staff were incredibly friendly and welcoming. The man who I presumed to be the landlord was often going from table to table collecting empties and knew many patrons by their first names. The atmosphere was very friendly and warm, and full of people who appeared to be regulars. It was particularly busy as there was football on television, but it wasn't too cramped.

The food was decent. I ordered a red curry, although the sauce was a little thinner than I had hoped for. Beyond that, it was fine, with a more than ample portion size. The pub also serves tea, coffee and hot chocolate, but they required access to the kitchen in order to serve them, so once the kitchen had closed (at 9:30pm), we were unable to have hot drinks.

This isn't a part of the world I find myself in very often, but if I am in the area again, I shall certainly remember this pub.

2  Thank Adrian E
Reviewed 9 April 2018 via mobile

Was staying at a nearby hotel before our flight out of Heathrow in the morning, went for a walk that evening and ended up in this bar, great beer, we did not eat here as we had all ready eaten, but seeing the food coming out we wish we had eaten there it looked very nice, (Thai food)

1  Thank Peter W