“excellent location, close to the airport.” 5 of 5 bubbles

and 1 more site!
Leonardo Hotel London Heathrow Airport
Ranked #6 of 12 Hotels in West Drayton
Riga, Latvia
“excellent location, close to the airport.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 March 2012

We were in hotel at february 2011. Hotel is very close to the airport and the hotel is next to the bus stop, which free of charge leads to the airport terminals. Rooms has excellent sound insulation. Although the room was a little chilly, the free tea in room compensated that . Price is very democratic. (£ 41.65)

• Stayed April 2011, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (265)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
London, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 February 2012

We stayed here for one night before an early flight the next morning. The hotel was fine and the room was comfortable, although the staff looked a bit annoyed that we ruined their conversation by trying to check-in.

£4.50 (or £4.00 if you buy your ticket from the machine in reception) for the Hoppa bus, doesn't seem that much until you consider that If you need to make a journey to and from the hotel, it can become pricey (£20 for two of you). If you have a big family, you would probably save money by finding a hotel within the airport complex.

My biggest annoyance was the fact that I was required to pre-authorise my credit card for £75, despite the fact I checked in at 10pm and was checking out at 6am the next morning and I wasn't planning on using any additional services. Furthermore, that was 5 days ago and the £75 has still not appeared back on my card.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Mickeysalz
GMSTU, General Manager at Leonardo Hotel London Heathrow Airport, responded to this review, 1 March 2012
Dear Mickeysaiz

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel on Trip Advisor contents of which have been noted.

I am not entirely sure from which and to which terminal you were travelling, but there is an alternative transport system avaiable to Terminal 1 that is at no cost and that is the local bus service which stops outside the hotel. Our staff would have advised you of the alternative if you felt that the Hoppa Bus service was too expensive. National Express run the Hoppa Bus service for hotels in the area and they impose the rates set. If you feel that their service does not justify the prices set, I would be willing to pass your details and complaint over to them if you e mail me through Trip Advisor.

On the subject of the pre-authroisation, this is the normal amount set should you require any additional charges be billed to your room throughout your stay, i.e. our 24 hour room service, telephones or if staying in one of our Executive rooms, the mini bar. Whilst I take on board that this may have taken 5 days to clear, we are at the mercy of the banking system on occassion and there is normally a 7 working day period delay. I do hope that your funds have now been cleared and apologise for the delay.

I look forward to hearing from you should you wish me to pursue your complaint to National Express.

Your sincerely,

Travellers are raving about these West Drayton hotels

Cardiff, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 February 2012

Stayed here for one night after a long haul flight in January 2012.

Staying here this time, I didn't use the Hotel Hoppa but took the 105 from Heathrow Central Station (it's free to Harlington Corner, which is the stop right outside the hotel - the 140 or 111 will also get you there for free). I got there just after 2pm, so was probably one of the first to check-in, which was fairly quick. I was on the ground floor (to the left from reception), right at the end of the corridor. The room was a good sized corner room and up to the usual Holiday Inn standard - had tea/coffee making facilities, flat screen tv, plenty of towels and toiletries. The bed was comfy and the room was warm enough for mid January. Although I was staying solo, I had a sofa-bed in the room which had been made up for extra guests - might've been a bit of squeeze with four in there, but for one was ideal. Having stayed at both Holiday Inns at Heathrow (the Ariel's nearby) this one has the edge on the standard and size of the rooms.

I didn't notice until later on (was too tired after the flight and had just gone straight to sleep) that I'd been given a room with interconnecting doors, which was an issue as the couple next door were very loud and argumentative. I didn't complain to reception as it was absolutely shattered but would've appreciated being told this on check-in as I would've asked for a different room - as a Priority Customer, I've emailed Holiday Inn separately about this in the hope that they'll inform guests of this on check in and ultimately, the hotel isn't responsible for the behaviour of other guests but should inform guests of the facilities their rooms offer and anything that might be detrimental to their stay.

In spite of the above, my night's sleep wasn't too bad (once the couple shut up and went to bed) and again there was no noise from the airport despite being very close to the runway. Never use the wifi as they charge which can be annoying for foreign travellers - having a smart-phone with unlimited data is handy!

I went out for fresh air and headed to the nearby McDonald's (it's about a mile) for food in the evening and there's a nearby Coop petrol station where you could get some snacks if needed - just turn left out of the hotel, head across the bridge over the roundabout by the entrance to the airport and you'll see the garage, go further and you'll find the McDonald's.

I'd pre-booked breakfast with my room, which was really good - usual full English buffet on selection, plenty of tea and coffee, fruit, pastries, cereals, toast & jams/marmalades, yoghurt and fruit salad - I didn't do this last time but was glad I did and would do in future as it's a good start to the day and not bad value. Check-out was fine and the staff were helpful at telling me where to catch the same bus back to Heathrow Central (it's essentially where you get dropped off, just make sure the bus says Heathrow Central and not Hounslow).

Overall, not a bad stay and will use again but be more careful about which room I get.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled solo
3 Thank TheLush101
GMSTU, General Manager at Leonardo Hotel London Heathrow Airport, responded to this review, 21 February 2012
Dear lush101

I thank you for your recent review on Trip Advisor contents of which have been noted.

It is refreshing to read your positive comments regarding the room comfort and amenities and your kind remarks about our staff. Holiday Inn worldwide pride themselves with offering a consistently good service which you clearly have come to enjoy. On the subject of the interleading room you are correct in saying that we unfortunately cannot be held responsible for the behaviour of other guests and we do apologise for any inconvenience that this may have caused. We have duly noted your comments with respect to notifying you and we will take this on board for the future.

Cardiff, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 February 2012

Booked this hotel via Holiday Extras. On their web site it appeared as a "mystery hotel";i.e.you made the booking not knowing which hotel it was.Web site said that breakfast was £14.95 pp but when we checked in if you reserved breakfast then, it was less at £9.95pp.
Full buffet breakfast was v.good - one of the few hotels that is able to keep everything hot and constantly replenished.
Another bonus was that if you get your Hopper tickets from the Holiday Inn machine(cash only at the time) then you get a return for £7.
Rooms,staff etc were all v.good.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Gordon037
Dear Gordon037

Aberdeen, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 February 2012

Stayed here the night before I took the train into central London.

Check in good, although the staff weren't overtly friendly.

Room nice and well equipped.

Bar was quite busy although there was a constant draft when the doors were opened.

Any requests were met in good time which was impressive.

Check out was quick and the girl on the desk in the morning was friendly and was very helpful providing times for the Hoppa Bus to the airport.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank Stewart C
GMSTU, General Manager at Leonardo Hotel London Heathrow Airport, responded to this review, 23 February 2012
Dear Traveller 198526

It is refreshing to read your positive comments regarding the room comfort and amenities. Holiday Inn worldwide pride themselves with offering a consistently good service which you clearly have come to enjoy.

Also consider these accommodations in or near West Drayton
1.9 km away
Ibis London Heathrow Airport
2.5 km away
Sofitel London Heathrow

Been to Leonardo Hotel London Heathrow Airport? Share your experiences!