All reviews a great stay loft apartment tracey alpacas airfield stream tranquil ensuite wedding
Reviewed 26 December 2017

Ideal for families. Lovely owners are helping and try to make your stay best as possible. Ideal for pilots or parachuter working at dunkeswell - situated only a few minutes by car away from the airfield. What you get is like a Little appartment with 3 rooms (living and 2 bedrooms) and a nice balcony. Absolutely recomended and everytime with pleasure again.

• Stayed: January 2017, travelled solo
tracey b, Owner at The Old Kennels, responded to this reviewResponded 27 December 2017

Thank you so much for your kind review! Do hope to see you again in the new year!

Reviewed 23 June 2017

I was attending a wedding with my boyfriend close by, and due to my lack of organisation, The Old Kennels ended up being the last place available in the local vicinity for us to stay, however we couldn't have been luckier. I contacted Tracey prior to our stay and she couldn't have been more helpful in helping us to organise transport to and from the venue, and very kindly offered us a lift back to our car in the morning. Sadly we didn't get to enjoy the apartment for long as we were back late and out at mid-day, but the space we clean and beautifully decorated with a lovely kitchen, and set in a lovely tranquil spot, perfect for those looking for an escape for a weekend. We also got to meet the alpacas in the morning which was a nice end to our weekend! Great place, fabulous hosts, highly recommend.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
tracey b, Owner at The Old Kennels, responded to this reviewResponded 24 June 2017

Thank you so much for your kind review! Very pleased you enjoyed your stay, do hope you might come back for a longer break next time!
Kind regards
Tracey

Reviewed 22 June 2017 via mobile

We stayed at the old kennels for a wedding at the very nearby lakeview manor. It was a great place to stay, off the beaten path and a great escape from the everyday bustle of modern life. It is ideal for two couples or a family, as it has one bathroom and one en suite, both with showers in. The owner was really accommodating and didn't have a problem with our late check in (after driving literally across the entire country on a Friday after work). She even found a load of different taxi companies for the wedding for us when we arrived. She also left milk and tea for us, despite it being self catering which was very much appreciated.

The only downside was that the beds were a bit hard, but that is entirely personal preference.

All in all it was a great stay and we wish we'd been able to stay longer.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family

Thank you for your lovely review and so glad you enjoyed your stay here! The mattresses are all new, sorry if they were a bit on the firm side for your preference, they are all-natural (filled with wool) hotel quality mattresses. But I hope you enjoyed the alpaca quilts and pure cotton bedding!

Reviewed 14 February 2017

I am still buzzing after my day workshop at the Old Kennels. I am a very busy self employed mum who spends a lot of time with a 2 year old and not much time with grown ups and certainly NO time doing anything for myself, and this day was exactly what I needed. Great refreshments, REALLY delicious lunch, relaxing atmosphere and the other people on the workshop were lovely. The tuition was perfect, not too much being watched over but just enough when I needed pointing in the right direction. And I came away with some gorgeous glass beads that I'll treasure forever. I just wish I could do the same again every month to revitalize me!

Stayed: January 2017, travelled solo
tracey b, Owner at The Old Kennels, responded to this reviewResponded 16 February 2017

Thank you so much, what a glowing recommendation! We are always here to refresh you when ever you need us :)

Reviewed 1 December 2016

Warmest of welcomes from Tracey, peaceful setting in Devon's Black Down Hills, star-filled skies and snug duvets courtesy of the alpacas grazing outside the window - altogether perfection! We loved our stay.

• Stayed: October 2016, travelled as a couple
tracey b, Owner at The Old Kennels, responded to this reviewResponded 2 December 2016

Thank you so much for your kind review, we really do have the blackest sky and the best view of the stars in the Blackdown Hills! Do hope to see you again soon.
Kindest regards