“not a nice visit” 1 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #22 of 40 Southport B&B and Inns
hull
“not a nice visit”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 March 2012

mark called me 30 minutes before i was due to check in at 7pm to tell me there was no rooms for me and my 2 work mates, there was no real apology . i tried clifton villa across the road who sorted us out so we could have a good nights sleep
just a note there were no single rooms available at the stamford but there were no cars or lights on?

Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
3 Thank drfHull

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Bolton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 March 2012

We Stayed at the Stamford in Febuary 2012 for my husbands birthday, we booked 3 rooms and we were all surprised at how nice they was, very clean and nice decor, the couple who run the guest house bent over backwards to make you feel welcome and even recommended a lovely restaurant for us to eat at, the breakfast in the morning was very well cooked, will defientley be returning

Room Tip: They know the area very well and were very helpful in recommending bars and restaurants
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
Northampton
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 February 2012

We arrived a few hours late due to train issues, only to find that no one was in!! I called the hotel, and Mark told me that he had tried to call me, but the number didnt work ( my fault) and he returned to the property within 10 minutes. True to his word, I checked my emails and he had also contacted me via this - good communication.
Located just a few hundred yards from both the pier and Lord Street ( the main street for cafes, bars etc) the guesthouse is perfectly situated.
On the first night we were told that there was an issue with the heating, and that it wasnt getting up to temperature. Mark told us that a plumber would be visiting in the morning, and offered us his apologies. As it happens the building was more than warm enough
.Booking in process was very quick, and we were soon showed to our room. Reasonably sized and well decorated, we had been upgraded from a double deluxe,to a family room which had a double and single bed in. The room was very clean, and the shower room a reasonable size too. Plenty of hot water a good strong shower.Tea, coffee, and kettle are provided, and there is plenty of storage room with a large wardrobe and chest of drawers.
The bed was very comfortable, with Egyptian cotton bedding. The guesthouse itself is very quiet at night, ensuring a good nights sleep.
Breakfast was served between 8:15 and 9:15 ( i've stayed in b&b's before where it was so early it wasnt worth going to sleep) Full english was lovely, with the perfect portion.

Room was cleaned and bed made each day, and although I didnt actually see the staff cleaning during my stay the building remained immaculate throughout.

I'm a creature of habit, and will definitely be staying at The Stamford in future.Can't fault it!

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
Oxford, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 February 2012

My husband and I stayed at The Stamford for a couple of nights in January. We usually stay at The Vincent or Ramada but needed to be frugal following Christmas so opted for The Stamford instead following the positive reviews on Tripadvisor combined with an excellent B&B rate. The hotel is really well located just a 2 min walk from Lord Street and the Promenade. Eileen and Mark are really friendly as was their son who checked us in. We stayed in room 6; a spacious double at the rear of the property. It was well appointed, the bed was really comfortable and the room and bathroom were very clean and tidy; ticking all the boxes. Breakfast is full English (or any variant i.e poached eggs on toast etc.). What struck me the most was how peaceful it was. Usually when staying in a hotel I am woken by people walking along the corridor late at night or early morning deciding to have a loud conversation! It was so nice to stay somewhere like this which had none of this. I will definitely recommend and now favour The Stamford over the larger hotels. The service is more personable and friendly, the rooms are comparable, it was quiet, breakfast is included and the room rate is less! A great find.

Room Tip: Room 6 was really nice although I didn't look at any of the others!
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank NMD37
St Helens, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 October 2011

I spent the weekend here (friday - Sunday) with my partner and young son. The owners Eileen and Mark where extremely friendly and welcoming. On arrival they showed us to our room. If you want anything then just ask as they will accomadate any requests if they possibly can. Our room was very clean and bright. The living room area and dining area where again very clean. Breakfast well all I can say is fantastic with as much tea/coffee as you can drink. This went down very well with myself.

I will stay here again as the hotel is located in a central position for all amenities. Thank you for a lovely stay at your hotel.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with family