“Perfect Anniversary Meal ”
Review of Bistro Bar Med

Bistro Bar Med
Ranked #3 of 394 Restaurants in Southport
Price range: US$20 - US$46
Good for: Child-friendly, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Groups, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Awarded Best Restaurant in Southport for the last 7 consecutive years by tripadvisor and 5 star rating on "scores on the doors" by Sefton council for the last 13 consecutive years. We are specialized in Turkish and Greek mezzes as well as Spanish Tapas. We acommadate special dietary requirements, vegan ,gluten free, celiac ,lactose intolerance and vegetarian.
Reviewed 27 August 2017 via mobile

My wife and I travelled to Southport for our anniversary weekend. We arrived late Friday and looked for somewhere close to our hotel to eat . Bistro Bar Med was stones throw away from the hotel and with loving Mediterranean food , we thought we'd give it a bash . Wow ! What a gem we stumbled upon. We were greeted by the delightful owner Gino and he gave us great advice on what to order . We ordered a few salads and dips for starters along with some freshly made pitta and every one was delicious. The tahini was as good as you'd get anywhere, including Greece . For main course we ordered 5 tapas dishes including patatas bravas , calamari, feta filo parcels as well as a couple of other meat dishes . All of the dishes were amazing, as authentic as you will get . My wife lived in Greece for a number of years and she said it was as good as she'd tasted . Neither of us could manage a pudding but we finished the night with a calypso coffee and that was stunning. Due to the faultless night we'd experienced, we booked for the following night , to celebrate our anniversary .
Gino , once again welcomed us and made us feel as if we'd known him for years . We went for the same starters and ordered a jug of sangria to go with the mains . We changed a couple of the mains from the previous night but there wasn't any change in quality. Every single dish from Bistro Bar Med was delicious and I find it hard to compliment Gino and his kitchen staff enough. We live about 1 1/2 hrs away from Southport but will travel there again just to eat here . Southport is a lovely town and if you do find yourself there , make sure you pay Gino a visit. You won't be disappointed!!!

3  Thank Rich P

Reviewed 17 August 2017

We have just returned from a few days away in Southport we went here on Sunday evening. From walking in the door we were made to feel so welcome. The menu was mouth watering at first glance and the sangria is a MUST. We had never been to this kind of restaurant before so asked for advice and the starters and the mains were simply amazing. We had a really good selection of meat, fish and veg options so I'm sure there is something for everyone. The service was fantastic there when needed yet in the background whilst we were eating and chatting, friendly and fun. I really cannot think of a bad thing to say. A must try in my opinion.

2  Thank Emma B
Reviewed 16 August 2017

Always looking for a good different meal. This was totally unexpected. The service was second to none. The food was excellent, so much to choose from my mouth was watering as I read the menu. Great flavours, will definitely be back.

2  Thank Richard G
Reviewed 16 August 2017

We dined here last night and had tapas and wine , I have to say it was the best tapas we have had any were even when we have been abroad. The lovely owner pays attention to detail and can't do enough for you , working so hard on his own he made lovely recommendations and we enjoyed large glasses of wine at a reasonable price. When we got the bill we couldn't believe how reasonable it was ! I
can't recommend this place enough overall fantastic

2  Thank hs902017
Reviewed 14 August 2017 via mobile

Good quality well prepared meal. Generous portion size..good reasonably priced wine. Charming proprietor

2  Thank Justin A