“Not Great!”

Normandie Inn
Normandie Inn
Ranked #21 of 23 Hotels in Tenby
Reviewed 1 June 2017

Stayed here 2 nights. The first problem when you get there is the parking situation, you will be lucky if you are told upon booking that you need to use a paying multistory car park (£3.00 every 24 hours and a good memory to keep going back and putting more money on the car!) then you need to lug your heavy bags through the restaurant of the guesthouse upon arrival.
I had hardly any sleep! not all due to the hotel but also to a very noisy street below, church bells ringing constantly through the night and the hanging baskets being watered at 2 am in the morning (there were 8 outside our window)
Then there is the beer delivery which gets there at 6 am in the morning. This also woke us up with every thump of a barrel hitting the floor and being rolled through the front door with no regard for the guests whatsoever. We were not the only ones to find this very upsetting at the time! (I could hear other guests shouting out of their window)

We were told on arrival that there was always someone on site if you needed anything we were never told where to find them so unless your lucky enough to have 8 Hanging Baskets outside your window and want something at 2 am in the morning forget it!
The room is not checked at all during your stay so when we were woken up at 6 am in the morning by the Beer Delivery and wanted a cup of coffee we had no milk and no Coffee as nothing had been replenished the day before,
my partner ended up walking the streets to find a shop to get the basics to make Coffee! upon speaking to a member of staff later on that morning he was told that there is someone on site but they are entitled to a rest, unlike the guests it seems!

Our room was the most difficult door I have ever had the displeasure of trying to open, especially if you are in a hurry or need the toilet!
I'm not sure if a guest had had the same problem before us but the door looks like it has been kicked in at some point, either due to frustration or the door being kicked in and causing future frustration but either way it has not been fixed!
The Bathroom was dirty and the fan was broken so upon exiting the shower you were lucky to get out of the bathroom alive due to the ice rink like bathroom floor, a slippery vinyl material covered in condensation.

I must say the Restaurant at this establishment seemed to be busy most of the but I can not comment on the food as I never used it during my stay so I will have to leave those opinions up to others and withhold comment.

All in all an exhausting stay, on the plus Tenby is a lovely place with some great places to eat and a fantastic atmosphere, I will return just not to this guesthouse.

Room Tip: Don't get a room overlooking Lower Frog Street get one at the back of the hotel
  • Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Amanda D

Reviewed 31 May 2017

Stayed here for 1 night. Would have got a better nights sleep on the beach. Room incredibly hot, church bells ring every 15 minutes through the night and the street cleaners and beer delivery man thought it acceptable to start work at 6.00am. The bathroom was a disgrace - black mound everywhere the floor was greasy and the grout was brown! Kettle looked like it had seen better days. The carpets needed a good hoover and you had to wipe your feet before you got into bed. Breakfast was cold and just a total disaster from the minute we arrived. Do not stay here it's a joke!

Room Tip: Terrible absolute joke!
  • Stayed: May 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Rob Lynn B
Reviewed 27 May 2017

We had a decent enough meal but a bit expensive for what it was and they have no dessert menu, also access is difficult for disabled people and the ladies loo is up very steep stairs. The menu is the usual pub fayre, the staff were nice enough and it's very centrally located in the middle of Tenby

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 1 May 2017 via mobile

Came here for food and drinks, both good! I had the pasta pesto with goats cheese and my partner had a chilli con Carne. I expected the food to be not so good or average but it was actually delicious and a good portion! What I would say about this is don't judge a book by its cover! Also a lovely beer garden.

Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 April 2017

Went there last Thursday for a meal as it was my friends 18th, couldn't have asked for a better meal, it was outstanding!! would highly recommend going there for a meal. Wasn't expensive and for what you pay the food was brilliant. Would definitely return for another delicious meal.

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled with friends