US$147
  • Bar/Lounge
  • Bar/Lounge
  • Breakfast included
  • Beachfront
Parsonage Farm Inn(St. Florence)
TripAdvisor
All reviewslovely breakfastcar parktown centrejewel in the crowntea and coffeeplace to staycooked breakfastminute walkcouldn't do enoughjulielandladybeachescerealarches
Reviewed 11 October 2014

On arriving at our location and B&B we were greeted by a delightfully charming host called Julie who informed us that we would have a 30 minute wait on our room.
We decided to drive around the town in the intervening time but found that the one way system and busy roads had too many disadvantages to car drivers so we parked up in the nearby car park and strolled our way to the local shops near to the bargate walls.
Once we returned to our B&B we were shown to our room which was a pokey little attic styled bedroom on the very top floor.
I was horrified to notice that there were a few health hazards in the shape of protruding wires near to the bed from a power socket and a low hanging light shade not to mention the low ceiling to the left of the room which for me being a tall guy was a bit of an issue.
I decided to remove the bulb and light shade as being over 6 feet tall it was going to prove a problem with me.
The other issue we had was the lock on the outside of the door and I struggled to make the door secure,I mentioned this to the land lady during our stay and was surprised one day when we returned from a trip out to discover that our door had been left opened after being serviced in the usual way.
This is very disappointing but the land lady told us that she too had difficulty in locking the door with the key.
So why the heck didn't she fix it straight away.? because one day it might cause an issue with someone who perhaps isn't as polite as myself.
As for the location it was pleasant and we managed to make interesting journeys to locations such as Pendine Sands,Saundersfoot,Carew Castle and wanted to visit Caldey Island but there weren't any boats leaving that week from Tenby harbour.
We were disappointed that the landlady didn't provide us with a breakfast on all 3 days of our stay but the one we had on the final morning was quite nice and she was a very pleasant host.

Room Tip: When you require a room don't ask for one at the top of the building as there are several flights of stairs to negotiate and this might prove an ordeal for an elderly couple or those who suffer with their knees.
  • Stayed: October 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Grant M
Reviewed 26 September 2014

This B & B is simply wonderful,we stayed in the attic en suite room and it was spotlessly clean,comfortable and had a great shower.
It's close to everything and parking is no problem as there is a car park next door and at £7 for 24hrs great value.
We normally stay at 4 star hotels when we go away but decided we would try a B & B as we didn't want to use any hotel facilities such as spa etc so we checked out trip advisor and found this one.
The owner Julie was lovely,very welcoming and cooks a lovely breakfast,amazed at the value for money.
We would recommend this place.

• Stayed: September 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 August 2014

The location of the B&B is perfect, it is about a minute walk from the centre of town and the beach. The owner Julie is very friendly and helpful and always had a smile. The B&B was very well presented, clean and tidy. We were made to feel at home which made our short break away very special. The rooms were a good size with everything you'd expect with tea and coffee and a very good shower. The bed was comfortable for us and we stayed in the top of the B&B over looking the rear garden. The only downside we had with the B&B was the walls seemed a little too thin as the guy underneath woke me up in the middle of the night with what seemed to be his impression of Brian Blessed snoring. I thought this may have been just him being an extremely loud snorer but on the last night with a new guest I could again hear them snoring, but luckily they weren't as loud.
That being said I would stay at this B&B the next time we head to Tenby.

The one bit of advice I would give though is about parking. If your not lucky to find parking on the street don't park in the car park next to the B&B as the prices are steep being £7 for 24 hours, there is a multistorey car park about 2 minutes walk away where it is £2 for 24 hours.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Ben H
Reviewed 26 August 2014

My partner and I made a reservation at last minute to stay at the Southside B&B on the August Bank Holiday weekend after having a bad experience at our previous hotel. We were so lucky to get a room and are very grateful to Julie for making our stay in Tenby so enjoyable!

The Southside B&B is easy to find, excellent location (near everything yet on a nice and peaceful street) and it is excellent value for money. I cannot fault Southside - it is spotless, a lovely fresh smell throughout and the rooms include all the facilities you could want in a B&B.
I had the best night's sleep - peaceful room with a lovely, comfortable bed. The shower was AMAZING - I didn't want to get out! The breakfast was lovely too - plenty of choice, nothing was too much trouble and it tasted delicious!

Finally. Julie the owner is absolutely lovely. So welcoming and friendly, making us feel right at home! She was also able to give us lots of information about what was on in Tenby that weekend and looked up the prices of other attractions for us to visit.

We will definitely book to stay here again when we are next planning on visiting Tenby - I'm just sorry we were not able to stay longer!
Hannah & Wayne

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 August 2014

This was our first visit to southside and it won't be our last,the room we had was spacious and clean,julie was very welcoming and couldn't be more helpful,the breakfast was delicious and plenty of it,have already recommended to my friends and cannot wait to return.