“Not Disappointed!”
Review of Combe Cottage Restaurant - CLOSED

Combe Cottage Restaurant
Price range: US$8 - US$26
Good for: Child-friendly, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Description: At Combe Cottage Restaurant and Cafe the emphasis is on home cooked meals using fresh local ingredients. We are proud to support our local producers and suppliers.Full of character and charm our restaurant is ideally situated on the bustling Ilfracombe High Street. We would like to extend a warm welcome to all.
Reviewed 22 April 2015 via mobile

I was fortunate enough to be able to visit Combe Cottage on a recent visit to Ilfracombe and as always I was not disappointed. I was treated to tasty home cooked food in a friendly relaxing atmosphere, which was also excellent value. I hope to return soon.

paulw09, Owner at Combe Cottage Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 25 April 2015

We are not sure when you visited us but many thanks for your review and I don't mind say how glad we are that you are not disappointed! We will look forward to seeing you next time you are in the area.!

Reviewed 19 April 2015

Thanks Kate and Paul for another fantastic lunch.I highly recommend the shepherds pie.
Just such a lovely place to eat.I really cant understand some reviewers complaints as they are so unjustified.Oh well you cant please some people but you do please most of your customers xx

1  Thank Deborah Y

Many thanks for you lovely review. I can't say often enough how much we appreciate all our local and returning customers. We have been lucky enough to meet, and befriend, some of the nicest people, thank you all!

Reviewed 15 April 2015

Ended up eating here in the 4 days we were visiting Ilfracombe as the first meal was so lovely. Food is excellent, fresh, hot and filling. Wonderful atmosphere and a very lovely couple running this beautiful restaurant.
We were made to feel so welcome and looked after that we will definitely be going back there on our next visit.

2  Thank Jill2411

Many thanks for your great review - it was really good to meet you and your lovely family and we can't wait to see you all again next time you are in the area :)

Reviewed 12 April 2015

We visited Combe Cottage due to other trip advisor reviews but I'm afraid were a little disappointed. The food, which was fresh and homecooked, well presented and tasty, was no more than I would have cooked at home. More disappointing though was the ambience and the service - we were the only people to be dining at 7.30 pm on a Friday evening, the previous customers having departed some minutes previously and the waiter seemed almost uncomfortable and 'stiff' and not at all suited to the 'front of house' role which made our visit rather tense.

Reviewed 12 April 2015

Popped in for lunch just after the easter weekend. I had cottage pie and my partner had steak and pie. Both dishes were stunning so tasty!

Finished off with a lovely slice of cake and good coffee. Well worth a visit.

1  Thank cheesmamandy

Many thanks for your lovely review, the Cottage Pie has been one of our best sellers ever since Tom Parker Bowles declared it 'perfection on a plate' in the national news some years ago with the Steak and Ale Pie also a favourite. Its amazing what a difference home made with local produce can make :)