See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 19 December 2011

After being greeted by "Chris" who offered to take my bags up to the room I was asked if I would like a drink.
Chris and his lovely wife showed me around and with there fantastic local knowledge i was soon out and about looking at all the amazing things Ilfracombe had to offer!
Being a surfer i had only come down from the Midlands for a long weekend break to hit the surf, but after sitting down with Chris i started to explore the local coast line which blow me away!! I started off with a walk along the Torr's WOOW the scenery was breath taking! (All this only 5/10 minutes walk away from the B&B) Chris had told me all about where to go (I felt in good hands as Chris is a Coast Guard on the local coast line)
After all the walking i was out cold in the bed, which i must say was fantastic! After waking from 12 hours of sleep.... It was time from breakfast mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm wish i could have a Rosedale breakfast evry day!!

To round this place up, i will defiantly be heading to Rosedale again with my girlfriend!! Thanks guys for making my time in Ilfracombe so nice!!!

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed 10 September 2011

Minus points: On arriving, we were told that we were early (only by half an hour!) and that breakfast would be at 8.30. We may have been able to plead another time, but thought we'd better not! The room didn't have any nets at the windows so we had to pull the curtains to get un/dressed. The house is quite a walk to the main area of town and harbour. On the morning of our departure, we were told that we hadn't paid, and that we "had to be gone by 10 am" - as if we had forgotten! We were the only people there but it did not feel friendly or as homely as you would expect a guest house to be. No choice of bread at breakfast.
Plus points: Very comfortable bed, and a good shower. There were plenty of extras in the room, and the Wi-Fi worked well. Good parking too. The breakfast was good and fresh fruit was available.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Teacupcake
Reviewed 8 June 2011

lovely premises, excellent value for money, room was spacious and comfortable with small but perfectly formed en-suite. Owners are Chris and Jill who were extremely helpful with advice about the local area, visited Clovelly, Westward Ho, and other attractions all within reasonable distance of this premises, had a lovely full couple of days, needed the rest at the end of the day, and we certainly got that here. Will visit again soon.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple