All reviews tribute night leisure facilities swimming pool great weekend haggis dance floor saturday night buffet style on arrival coach trip function suite neil diamond family room weekend break both nights set menu single room
Reviewed 16 July 2018

I stopped here for 1 night on the 13th July 2018 and got woke up at 4am by a swarm of wasps in my room. Luckily enough i managed to grab my things and got out in time before anything bad happened.

I reported the to the night porter, He suggested to me to spray them with a insect spray he had, I replied not a chance and told him seen as though he wasn't taking this seriously I would go and we would sort matters out later having already paid.

After trying to discuss this matter over the phone with the staff I have never had such a bad experience and still matters have not been sorted as no one as heard of this matter before. I am on my 4th phone call and still waiting for a call back.

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled on business
5  Thank dhard01
Reviewed 16 July 2018 via mobile

My partner stayed here for one night using the Sunday Saver package. This was £99 for 2 course lunch on arrival, a 3 course dinner, a one night stay and breakfast in the morning. Seemed good value for money.

Our deal stated lunch was served between 1pm-3pm. When we arrived at 1 we were bluntly told we could not check in or eat until 2 by what looked to be a manager. We walked to a nearby shop then returned at half 1, where a different receptionist told us we could eat and then check in after 2. We were given a voucher for our lunch to hand over at the bar, which we done. The lady behind the bar was clearly run off her feet being the only one serving all lunch tables, but was still very pleasant. We were given a 200ml bottle of prosecco and a scone each with jam and cream. This is not what we expected but waited around to see if we would get our actual lunch. After an hour of no more service, we asked and were told that is all that was included. Of course, we returned to reception and showed that the confirmation email clearly stated a two course lunch (starter + main or main + desert) from the lunch menu. The receptionist was very apologetic and after speaking to the bar staff realised we had been given the wrong voucher. We then returned to the restaurant and were asked which main course we wanted. The woman behind the bar this time was the same one who told us we could not check in, and again she wasn’t particularly friendly. Obviously we were not given a second course as we had been given prosecco and a scone but this was understandable, just felt a bit disorganised.

The room was on the first floor, and on first look it seemed clean enough (old style but it suits the hotel). The bathroom was not up to scratch, as it was very cramped, a little bit mouldy and generally just disappointing. The shower was like a hose pipe, and was so temperamental with the temperature. It was too low down for my 6’4” boyfriend to get his head under. The whole thing had definitely seen better days, and as someone who is a bit of a clean freak I avoided the bathroom as much as possible.

Dinner was a set menu and was actually lovely. Small portions but fine as there was 3 courses, and the staff here were nice and attentive. Drinks are cheap enough, about £8 for a pint and a bottled cider. We went back to the room after dinner and this was when we realised the walls were paper thin. The whole hotel has very creaky floors and you could hear the footsteps of both rooms either side and above, and almost felt like you were in conversation with them. If they turned a tap on you could hear, and I was woken up many times during the night to people walking about in other rooms or the hallway.

Breakfast was a help yourself but done the job, was well cooked minus the bacon being very undercooked. Same staff as the night before who were nice. We never used the pool so can’t comment.

Overall a nice hotel but needs a bit of an update.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 July 2018 via mobile

Just stayed at this hotel for two nights at a bargain price of £64:50 each. On arrival we were slightly early and could not book in till 2pm. Duty Manager Sam was very rude, never gave us any information, she wasn’t very interested. We then had the pleasure of meeting Claire J, what a diamond gave us all the information we needed. Breakfast on the Saturday was 1st class but breakfast this morning was terrible, very burnt sausages, bacon was all lumped together & looked undercooked. Menu at night was good value and choices were varied. Kenny Y was brilliant at looking after you in the restaurant, pity the girl showing us to our tables this morning didn’t have better manners. Entertainment was great and the two guys played a variation on music. Would definitely come back to this hotel

Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 July 2018 via mobile

We have been before with family for a meal and it wasn’t good then, but we thought we would give it another try as everyone can have an off day.
How wrong was I, the service is appalling, staff are poorly trained and rude.
The food arrived and it was cold. My chicken was terrible it was like it had been reheated in the microwave. Burning hot on the outside and cold in the middle. Reading previous reviews all the manager seems to say the same thing but doesn’t do anything about it. Sad.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Lainey9007
Reviewed 25 June 2018

Had a lovely 2day stay in this hotel dinner bed and breakfast the act was a soul night he was fabulous the room was nice and food was lovely will definitely be back it has a leisure pool and nice outside area it is in easy reach for Perth dunkeld Pitlochry ice town with lovely riverbank walks

Room Tip: This is a pet friendly place with a charge for your pet
Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family